1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Super Special Limited Day One Deluxe Edition (with bonus DLC!)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Dawn, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    It is fairly common practice these days for video games to have more than one edition available for purchase on release day, or for retailers to have exclusive DLC if you purchase the game from their storefront.

What is your stance on special editions of games? Have you ever been swayed to buy from a certain publisher because of the content they've offered alongside the base game? What was the most expensive special edition of a game you've purchased before, and what motivated you to get it?

/mournfully eyes the FFXII Zodiac Age Limited Edition with metal busts of the Judge Magisters that they never got to buy

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I think special editions are really cool! It definitely provides an incentive to get one because it's not something everyone has. I've personally never bought something that was special edition, but I sure wish I had the money to. It's an investment and usually, it will be worth much more in the coming future as franchises pull more people into their whirlpool of merchandise.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    It depends on the game and what is offered. If it's something I really want and I think it's a good deal, then heck yeah I will buy it.

4. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I don't usually get special editions. If it's digital content, then 99 times out of 100 it's not worth it to me; and if it's material, then I can find other ways to get merch: posters are lovely, and if the thing is popular there's probably someone on Etsy selling some pretty cool art of it, even if it's not official.

Last time I did pre-order something for special content was Fallout New Vegas. The pre-order bonus was some in-game weapons and armor, which I could easily mod for myself balanced to my tastes in about 3 minutes of effort. So I paid full price plus shipping on a Bethesda game for something less good than I could (and did) make on my own in a matter of minutes. It left a sour taste in my mouth..