1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Surprise finds?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Catcher' started by Bubbles, Aug 11, 2017.

1. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    I think I was the first to find an Eevee. That sure surprised me

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I really didn't expect Eevee to be in the Q&A section or a huge variety of Pokémon in the Game Corner.

Remember when everyone was in my Q&A because an Eevee was found there?? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    I believe I was the first to find a Shiny? I also remember finding some Aerodactly in the Game Corner... two of them at least. Also Lapras.

but no pokeballs

4. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Omanyte in Safari iirc! Not looking for it but snagged it.

5. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    So I've found 4 Mewtwos and have caught 3 of them so far.

Did not think that would ever happen that's for sure....

6. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I'm just going to give you the evil eye forever.

More on topic, I suppose, I was surprised to not find Machop or Abra in the Video Games section at all, but I found literally every other commonly known species. This leads me to believe that they are both indeed section-exclusive (Machop I already knew that about, Abra I didn't). Seems there aren't quite as many section-exclusives as was previously thought.

7. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I found a MissingNo. That was pretty weird; I hadn't been expecting it at all. Is that a new Pokémon, or is it a new addition?

8. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    https://lakevalor.net/threads/rare-pokemon-riddle.18742/
    This thread explains the answer to your question succinctly well, I believe.

Apawn likes this.
  9. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    So I found two shinies in one day (Staryu and Cubone)..... Before that I didn't even know if they were even possible to find like everyone else.

Quite the insane surprise!

10. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I found a wild Beedrill today. Very pleasant surprise because Beedrill is my favorite Bug-type Pokémon. And ofc, I have to give him an awesome nickname. So I went with van Hellsting.

11. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    Shiny Ratatta ironically in a GS section about weird colors in GS :P

12. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    I find so many eevees here and there in different forums like GameCorner, QnA and SafariZone.
    I throw a great ball every time eevee appears, but it always breaks free.
    I'll throw an ultra ball next time.

13. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Oh right, this topic exists. I forgot about that.

...I was trying to hunt to catch all of the Unown in the Q&A forum (I still am; there's only 1 left), and in the process of my hunt I found and caught a shiny Magnemite.
    ...Definitely didn't expect that.

14. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I was hunting for Unown in the Q&A section about a week ago I think, and I found two Mewtwos while trying to track down all the letters.

15. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    I hate you so much right now.

16. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    But is not my fault I found two of them. XD

It still doesn't make up for the two I skipped by accident ages ago.

17. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    I know it isn't your fault; it does still subtly bother me that people found multiple Mewtwos while I spent almost a whole month looking for just one.

I know that also is hardly fair on my part; I've had some strange claims to fame as well (like two Missingno. found within an hour of each other), but the Mewtwo hunt is something that subtly bothers me, even though I know it definitely should not.

18. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    I ended up in the USUM section after clicking on a bunch of thread links and I didn't even realize it till I came across a Alolan Meowth!

19. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    Seems like it's been mentioned before, but I was surprised to stumble upon an Eevee in the Q&A. I guess I'm so used to looking for them in the Intro Lobby that it was a shock to find one anywhere else.

20. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    I was shocked to find a Suicune perusing through The Lounge, back when I first caught it. I was searching for Azelf and I didn't even think the gerbils had been released yet.

Lo and behold, there it was.