1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Switch Problem

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Arc1Dragon, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    So today my brother was playing BotW on our Switch all day in handheld mode and after he shut it off for dinner I went to play some Splatoon 2 but the Switch wouldn't turn on. It was hot and had a low humming noise and the screen wouldn't turn on but the joycons were. Eventually I figured out how to hard restart the Switch by holding down the power button and that fixed it and it started up normally. I just want to know is this problem a bug, overheating, or was it actually broken and cause problems in the future. If anyone can help clarify this it would be extremely helpful.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I'm not going to claim to be an expert, but I'm thinking the switch was just overheated. If this continues to be a problem, beyond just this one occasion, then it may be something more, but right now I think it just wasn't happy about being on for so long.