1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Sword and Shield, Blind Playthrough?

Discussion in 'Switch Pokémon Games' started by Wolf Expert, Mar 30, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    It's always exciting when new information comes out about new games. It's nice to stay in the loop and to theorize about stuff when limited information is available. But what about trying to ignore it all and go in completely blind instead?

I tried something like this when USUM was released. Of course I already knew most of the Pokémon since they were more or less the same as in SM. While between the two, I do prefer the storyline of SM to USUM, I would have to say that the final major boss battle of the story driven section of the game was the coolest thing ever to go into completely blind.

I think I might try that again for Sword and Shield, but to an even greater extent of not learning any of the new Pokémon and making up a team as a go, rather than planning one out ahead of time like I usually do.

So what about the rest of you? Will you try to do a blind playthrough, or will you learn as much about the game before hand?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,010.7
    I like to stay up to date with pre-release information until shortly before the games come out, then I try to completely avoid any information about them until I have a chance to play the games for myself. As a result I'll know bits and pieces of information to build up hype and speculation about what might happen, but for the most part I go into the games blind.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Wolf Expert likes this.
  3. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I'm going to go in blind (assuming I ever get it), or at least as blind as I can. I've done a fair job of avoiding spoilers for P5 and KH3, so this shouldn't be too difficult...

Wolf Expert likes this.
  4. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    I stay up to date with most of the revealed information such as new species or features that come to the game. However I try not to look around for clues in terms of catching, evolving the new species or key battles.

5. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Evolution is something that I tend to research rather than just trying a bunch of random things, just in case I end up missing something. I also like to catch all of the Pokémon in an area as I go, so that's going to be interesting if I try going into the next one blind.

6. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Usually the only information I look at is the stuff that's been officially revealed. I do like to get a sneak peak at some of the new Pokémon before getting the game, and I'll also want to know what the version exclusives are so I can decide which one I'll get.

7. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,046.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I'll be looking out for certain kind of info like the starters evolutions and the version exclusives, aside from that I'm not actively seeking out info so I guess as blind as it can possibly be.

8. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    Seeing as I'm part of a Pokémon forum, I think a completely blind runthrough is out of the picture. However, I would like to not ruin the experience by looking things up online. For Ultra Moon, I didn't look up much online and had a great time exploring a Pokémon region that I knew little to nothing about. I will stay up to date with the pre-release information and watch the trailers. However, I want a fresh experience with as little of the game being spoiled as possible.

9. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    I'll avoid as much spoilers as possible, though some will reach me anyway. I want the "newest" experience out of a new game, so I'll avoid any knowledge of this game.

10. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,355.7
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I will look at spoilers for the dex because I cannot resist heh. But storywise I will experience it blind (as a nuzlocke because I hate myself lol)