1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Sword Art Online Fatal Bullet

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Dwlr, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Dwlr

Dwlr Banned

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽14.3
    Blue Orb ★★★★★
    I want to like this game, but it just seems off overall. It does an alright job simulator certain MMO settings in a mostly single player game, but I felt it would benefit greatly from allowing full co-op experience at least with 1 other person for campaign after all it is supposed to be a simulation of an MMO. The combat seems a bit off as well while they offer assistance, the assistance seems to be pretty poor at times while easy mode at others and is just awkward turning it off isn't quite right either IMO with the aim assist they factored in that you can't turn off the game feels like it's fighting you. Otherwise the game is decently fast paced though with it paced as it is actually taking the time to aim feels moot 90% of the time where unassisted "hip-fire" tends to be as accurate as aiming would be in other games and allows for better situational awareness, mobility, and aiming ability itself since it feels to me at least that the aim assist you can't turn off fights you less on hip than actually trying to aim. Certain skills don't aim very well IMO like the various throwing knives are based on the direction of your character which is fine accept you can't adjust how they're thrown vertically at all regardless of how you position your camera and is instead dictated by the terrain alone meaning that if you're on a hill you're far more likely to through your knifes above the enemy's head or into the side of hill you're on even if you're facing directly towards the enemy with your camera angled properly that if it were intuitive it would definitely hit. Meanwhile other gadget abilities like the Grenades inconsistently adjust throw length based on camera sometimes you can adjust the arc by angling the camera other times it throws the default length regardless of how you have your camera positioned. Little things like that really hurt the overall enjoyment at least for me and keep it from being a good game and keeps it in the realm of mediocrity. Anybody else play it and feel the same? I haven't finished it yet to give it a full rating, but from what I've played I'd give it a 4/10 at best where 5/10 my average potentially recommend score.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...