1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Article Sword & Shield being developed with a focus on handheld mode

Discussion in 'Switch Pokémon Games' started by Dawn, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    Nintendo's President, Shunto Furukawa, has broken the silence about Pokémon Sword and Shield with the following comment regarding their development and the focus:

Does the confirmation that Sword & Shield will be developed with the opposite focus to the Let's Go titles make you feel any more excited about the games? Will you play them primarily in handheld mode, or docked? Is this the right approach to take, or do you feel the games should focus more on longtime fans than newer ones?

[Source]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Gwoomy likes this.
  2. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    It's not surprising, since the Pokémon games have generally always been focused on mobile activity over stationary activity. Doesn't really affect me either way.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,639.1
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Yesss!! I only play in handheld mode XD

4. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,927.3
    I mostly play in handheld mode, so this is good for me. I feel like they should probably be geared a bit more towards older players since the last set of games was so focused on newcomers, but hopefully they try to find a balance.

5. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,983.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I only play in handheld mode so this is good news to me if they're made to focus more on handheld mode.

6. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,397.0
    Considering that I spend about 90% of the time in handheld mode, this is just fine for me. I like Pokémon better as a handheld game than a console game. The most important part here, at least for me, is that it is functional and fun in both without gimmicks.

7. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    I don't care, since I like both modes, though I play primarily in the docked mode. So, I'll most likely play the games docked. Personally; I think the new "big" Pokémon games should be made for the longtime fans, and the Let's Go game/s should be for the newer fans, but that's just my opinion.

8. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I wont care either way. I'll probably use it in console mode for the bigger screen. I don't think that they should make the main series Pokémon games for older fans. Its why were sort of stuck in a rut of innovation for Pokémon. I think that Nintendo should just make the game that they want to make. If they do this, then it will never be bad and I think we will see some really interesting Pokémon games. (kind of like the Mystery Dungeon series)

9. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,279.6
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I use my switch almost exclusively in hand held mode, my TV is used by other things. So this is good news!