1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Sword & Shield Pokedex

Discussion in 'Switch Pokémon Games' started by Wizard, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    One of the big things that makes a Pokémon game fun for me is the Pokédex. Although I feel that X & Y are a little below average compared to the rest of the series, it has an amazing Pokédex, which is why I have returned to it so many times. A good Pokédex really opens up to the game to be replayable and gives the player great choices without having to trade.

Are there any inclusions you'd like to see for the Galar Pokédex? How many Pokémon do you think will be in it? Which Pokémon do you not want in it?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I'm really hoping we get some kind of dolphin Pokémon. I mean, I'm not getting my hopes up too much, and I won't be too disappointed if there isn't one, but I do really like the idea.

One thing I hope we don't get is another Pikachu clone. Knowing GF, though, that isn't going to happen.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Wizard likes this.
  3. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,338.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Oh my gosh YES. We need a dolphin Pokémon so badly. They throw in so many "regular fish" Pokémon and we don't even get a dolphin yet!
    And I just want to see my boi Fletchling in there. Hey, there was a Fletchling weathervane in the trailer! Fletchling Boi has gotta be in there somewhere!

Wizard likes this.
  4. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I want everything in Galar - the biggest mistake they made in Gen VII was removing the National Pokédex and thinking we'd be happy with Kanto and Alola Pokémon. I definitely wasn't. I expect everything to be available in some form or another.

As for new species...I'd like a badger Pokémon, and a hummingbird. Some more inanimate object Pokémon would be great too, as those are often the most creative and interesting designs, even if they are a little (or a lot) weird at times. There are so many bird species in this world and I'd love to see more of them given their own Pokémon variants...if it IS based in the UK, it's a crime if there isn't a Mallard Pokémon. Some more birds of prey would be nice - Kestrel springs to mind, although Peregrine Falcon would make a great Pokémon - and maybe an Otter that ISN'T ugly as hell.

I don't want any more humanoid furry-bait Pokémon like Lucario, Zoroark, Zeraora, etc. We've got enough of those now I think. There's been one in every gen since Gen III though so I hold out very little hope they'll be forgoing one this time around.

Also, I want an Onix pre-evolution. Give me Pebblix and give it to me now. I will keep saying this until GF listen and give me my Onix pre-evo!

5. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,010.7
    I don't really care too much, since I like to be surprised with these kinds of things. Just as long as they had plenty of new Pokémon (preferably going back to having around 100 again, Gen VI and Gen VII were kind of disappointing with how few they added). They also need to have the National Dex back. My biggest problem with Gen VII was the lack of a National Dex.