1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Syao here!

Discussion in 'Intro Lobby' started by Syaoron the Fox, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Poké Ball ★Dawn Stone ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Good day, all! Just wanted to introduce myself, since I'm new here. (Nooblet alert!). My name is Syaoron the Fox--which can be shortened to any variation of Syao that you can imagine--and it is my greatest pleasure to join the community! I was invited by a guy from FFN who is also a member here I suppose (zformtapu was his name on FFN, I'm not sure what he's called here...)

Anyway, as you may have guessed from my FFN origin, I'm a fanfiction writer, and I'm currently in the process of immigrating my current Pokémon work here to the forum, based on the Mystery Dungeon games, specifically Sky. If you're interested, please give it a read, and again, it's nice to meet ya!

~Syao

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. UnstoppableGamer

UnstoppableGamer Attention Seeker~

(Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,435.0
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★Dome Fossil ★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★
    Hey~ Welcome to the lake!

I saw FFN! Sooooooo! That means you should check out our Literature Library!

Hope to see you around~

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    So, my first question: How is 'Syaoron' pronounced? It could probably be guessed at, but I'd like to be accurate.

From the looks of it, you've been writing fan fiction for some time - how long have you been at it? A couple months? A couple years? ...a couple weeks? (I assume not weeks, but I never know.)

I think I've seen the person in your avatar before too; I don't remember his name, other than it's only 2 letters long. Lu, I think? Something like that... It's a good picture, for sure.

4. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    Welcome to Lake Valor! Another fellow fanfiction writer, I see? We have a whole section of the site for fanfics and stories, so do be sure to share your work there! We all love a good story.

Anyway, glad you've joined!

5. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Welcome to lake valor, it is awesome to have another writer. As mentioned before, check out our lit. Library! What genre do you like to write the most!

6. An Evil Wizard

An Evil Wizard The Ironic Mage

Chef Boyardee
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.7
    Fightinium Z ★★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Beedrillite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Welcome to Lake Valor! Enjoy your stay and have fun!

7. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Welcome to LV! And fanfiction you say? I write stories too but I am improving on my writing skills for now. Its nice to have you here!

I hope you enjoy your stay here andhave fun!!

8. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Hey Eclipse! Syaoron isn't actually the right way to spell it, but that's how I spelled it way back when, so that's how I'm keeping it. Syaoron (or rather "Syaoran") is pronounced "sh-OW-ron".

As for my writing history, I think it's... 5 or 6 years in the making. I started in FFN about that long ago, and I've been writing ever since then.

I'm glad you asked about the avatar! It's from my absolute favorite manga, Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle. The character's name is Syaoran Li

Thanks a ton, Cadbberry. I'm actually in the process of renovating my fic to be moved to the Library. My favorite kinds of stories to write are actions and adventures, with an acute romantic subplot. :love:

If you're looking to write, it's always best to put it out there! Trust me on this: everyone needs someone else to look over what they've written. While you are your own greatest critic, others can help to shed a light of objectivity on the matter that is essential to your writing endeavors.

9. ConfettiCat

ConfettiCat ( ☞ゝω・)☞

PokéPoints:
    ₽564.8
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    Aaa I knew it, you like Tsubasa! XD XD I about guessed it the moment I saw your username, but I was too afraid to ask you... :sweat: Well, anyways, welcome to LV! Hope you enjoy it here, and I'll see you in the forums! :D

10. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Yep, you got me! I'm a huge Tsubasa fan, especially of the manga. I can never find anyone else who really likes it though...

ConfettiCat likes this.
  11. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    Welcome to LV Syaoron! I'm sure you'll enjoy it here :)

12. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Tsubasa is one of my favorite things in the world. I do very much approve of your username. Welcome Syao! I hope you will have a great time on LV, we're awesome here. <3

13. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Li, that was it! Also explains why I felt that 'Syaoron' was vaguely familiar. Sounds pretty awesome. If you're renovating your fanfic to touch up and repost, it'll be an interesting experience to see, and I'm sure many of those who frequent the Literature Library would love to see it.

(Ah, and as an aside, if you want to quote somebody else, it's advised to edit it into your previous post. If you press the quote button it'll drop down into the reply box, but you should be able to copy/paste that box into the editor for your other post.)

14. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Thanks for that! If you're interested in it, I uploaded the first two chapters recently. (*cough* humble advertisement *cough*)

(And thanks for the advice! Seems I need to brush up on my forum etiquette a bit. :blush: )

15. ConfettiCat

ConfettiCat ( ☞ゝω・)☞

PokéPoints:
    ₽564.8
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    And you like the manga, this is wonderful! I really like the series, and I also like the series connected to it.

16. POKE

POKE Ace Trainer

Johnny Waffles
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.3
    Premier Ball ★
    Welcome, :) nice to meet you and have a great time here, hoping to do a RP with you maybe, a little writer and writer collaboration maybe :) it will be good for the both of us

17. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    Welcome to Lake Valor!
    I just want to say, good work at introducing. I know you will make good friends here. Soon you will be enjoying this site as much as the others do.

Hope to see you around!

18. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Thanks Xarn! I already enjoy this site a lot. It's great to join a commonwealth such this, and I hope to become a bigger part of it in the future.

Xarn likes this.
  19. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    *cue trumpets and drumroll*

Announcer: "LADIESSSSS AND GENTLEMEN of the humble Lake Valor! We have a new member!" *the crowd goes wild*

Welcome to the Lake bud! Nice to see you joining. I have a question for you! Do you like Fox Pokémon as well such as Vulpix, Ninetales?

Syaoron the Fox likes this.
  20. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Aww, thanks for the welcome! :blush: And what tipped you off? (It was the name, wasn't it?) Foxes are my favorite animal, for natural and mythological reasons. And they're just so darn cute!

Vulpix and Ninetails are some of my favorites, along with Delphox and a few others. I haven't gotten there yet, but I really want an Alolan Ninetails.

Vigilance likes this.