1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Taking Control

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Madaraki, Apr 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Madaraki

Madaraki Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.0
    RP STATUS UPDATE: As of NOW, Taking Control is considered "semi-closed". What this means is that if you want to join, you MUST PM me first before you even think of posting either in this thread or in the character profile section. Further explanation will be provided in my response to you there.

It's unknown when the experiments that "birthed" the strange -some would say unnatural- hybrids began, but when they ended...that's another story entirely.

Over the years, talk of new beings had been a rumor at most; beings that looked mostly human, but possessed the capabilities of various Pokémon species. The only hint, according to the rumors, lay in the eyes and teeth; as the nature of their origin could never be completely hidden.

Of course this led to many adolescents wearing colored contacts and plastic fangs in efforts to convince their friends that they used to be a Nidoking. Physical capabilities of a human-Nidoking hybrid however, were not so easily replicated and many such "copycats" often ended up upside down in school garbage cans.

Again, when the experiments began precisely is unknown. Over time, various scientists and researchers began attempting to create such Pokémon-human hybrids themselves. The most commonly accepted reason was that someone in the government had wanted the usual; a superior soldier. Why wear body armor when you possessed the armor-like skin of a Steelix? Why bother with usual methods of interrogation when you yourself were of a psychic-type?

The preferred method for such creations was relatively straightforward. Mixing the DNA of a human with that of the desired Pokémon, and infusing both within a laboratory-bred Ditto. The amorphous creature would then be surgically forced to accommodate both genetic strands and would then be morphed into the resulting hybrid.

And so for a time, the creation of the Pokémon-human hybrids officially remained a rumor at the government levels and superstition within the public levels.

Until The Crater Incident

Somewhere in the Kanto region, beneath the city, there was a laboratory accident. A creation center was destroyed in an explosion that buckled the foundations of three skyscrapers and dropped a portion of the city into the ground. Excavation rapidly uncovered armored and intact portions of the lab as well as more than enough bodies to publicly expose the type of work that had gone on. That, combined with the death toll resulting from the collapsing towers, forced the governments to cut funding and suspend the now publicized Pokémon Hybridization Program.

While the governments no longer have anything to do with such things, the wealthy, the insidious, and the desperate are not so easily dissuaded.

And in the apparent center of those individuals is a man known only as The Director. He is one of the few remaining people who not only knows how to create the hybrids, but is perfectly willing to, for a price. This, combined with the fact that no one has yet seen his face or heard him speak in person, makes him one of the most dangerous men in the world at present.

And so with an unknown number of hybrids in the open and an unknown enemy in the shadows, the governments are left grasping at straws.

With unknown enemies and few friends, the surviving hybrids are left making a living as best they can.

And the humans suddenly feel far less a dominant species than they once were.

Okay, so....

Bear with me a bit in this. I haven't done much with Pokémon RPs before, but RPs in general are another story.

Guidelines:

Beyond the basic RP guidelines of the site...

Honestly, you can pick what your character is. Hybrid, human, Pokémon entirely (though it might get a bit boring if your entire post consists of "pi pi pi pika?" :P) The only real rule in this area is "no legendary hybrids." I might have a legendary or two show up as a plot device, but no legendary hybrids.

Character limit's open. Just don't take on more than you can handle.

Keep up, please. I don't anticipate this being lightning-fast, but all the same, if you join, stick with it. If you have to drop out or you're going to be away, let me know via PM and add "On hiatus for XX days" in the character profile thread at the top of your profile(s). We'll work around it. If you vanish unexpectedly and aren't heard from for too long, we'll continue and work around it.

"The Director" is a character I'll be putting up a profile for later. For the time being, he's just a shadowy figure who might appear in the occasional "meanwhile...." scene and not do much more than have a line or two.

And'a'now, the profile skeleton:
    Code:
    Name:
    Alias/nicknames:
    Species:
    Family: .
    Alliance:

Moveset (If hybrid or Pokémon. There's not really a limit on what your character can learn, but balance applies. Just because you have a psychic type does not mean he or she should know every single psychic move in every single game.)

Skills:

Weakness:

Personality:

Looks:

Backstory: (This doesn't have to be TOO long or cover every detail of your character's life. It just has to give us an idea of who they are and where they came from.)

Oh, and while I'm at it... http://lakevalor.net...ntrol-profiles/

Honestly, the starting point is up in there air. I'll see how many people we get submitting profiles and kick it off when I think we have enough.

Present list of characters:
    Madaraki: Oswald, "Vee", Yxil
    Vanillite: Harmony, Ciel
    Jathemon: Naga, CT
    Banshee: Gloria, Relina
    Smaug: Smaug
    7Demented: Dementia, Raine

RP STATUS UPDATE: As of NOW, Taking Control is considered "semi-closed". What this means is that if you want to join, you MUST PM me first before you even think of posting either in this thread or in the character profile section. Further explanation will be provided in my response to you there.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Madaraki

Madaraki Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.0
    Today - Unova

It was going to be a good night.

Vincent lay on his back in a pile of stage props, costumes, and scattered clothes. His purple hair was matted across his face and on the shoulder of the girl he'd just spent the past hour and a half with. She'd told him her name when she'd met him between the tour bus and the venue, but he'd forgotten it about as quickly as he'd forgotten what she'd been wearing as soon as they made it behind a locked door.

Even backstage in the dressing room he could hear the cheers as the stage band prepared and did performed the final checks on their instruments. When a crowd got that wild, he knew it was time to get going. He'd just pulled his pants up and tugged his boots back on when there was a knock at the door.

"Uhh..." He said quickly as he tugged his jacket on and found his sunglasses tangled in a bra that was hanging off the back of a chair. "Just lemme finish tuni-"

Too late he felt a familiar tingle in the base of his skull.

"I'm quite sure you've spent enough time "tuning" your "instruments", Vincent. This is your first performance in Unova and you don't want to be late for it, do you?"

Infuriating as Oswald could be sometimes with his mind-reading, he had a point. Tickets for this show had sold out in the first twenty-four hours. If he ran late, there would probably be a riot.

"No, that wouldn't be entertaining." Oswald's voice said through the door. "It would probably get you banned from the country."

"Alright alright..." he said, tugging on his gloves and slinging his Flying V over his back. Moving as quietly as he could, he was through the dressing room door and sprinting down the hallway towards the stage. "Figures Ozzy wouldn't wait around for me out there."

Heavy boots thudding in time with the cheers that were growing louder, Vee Skyler strode out onto the stage and faced an arena full of wild and sweaty adrenaline junkies.

As the crescendo of instruments began, he whipped his sunglasses off and let his glowing red eyes flash. "ARE YOU READY TO GO FUCKING CRAZY!?" he shrieked, voice rising above the screaming unaided by even a microphone.

The show was on.

Earlier today - The Sevii Islands

He was awakened by a signal chime from his room's communication kiosk. Grumbling as he slid out of his bunk, he made his way past the row of viewports in his cabin and switched the device to audio only. No need for his people to see him in this state.

"Yes?"

"We've located the Alakazam and the Gengar again." The voice on the other end said.

"Please, they're called Oswald and Vincent now. We would do well to at least use their given names at this point in time, especially since Oswald would know anyone approaching him if they openly think of him as a Pokémon."

"I can be on the next flight." The bodyguard said quickly. His boss smiled. He could just picture the man's eyes blazing. He never did like to stay in one place for too long, and the chance of a fight was just too promising.

"Oh I don't know," The Director said with a raised eyebrow. "I think a test run for our project's beta stage is very much in order. Deploy the Reaver. Get it onto one of our jets. You should be able to have it over Unova in a few hours."

"You really think the Reaver will be able to handle the two of them?" the voice asked quickly.

"I know you're aching for a fight, but even if you scramble your presence, the distortion will still be detected. The Reaver can at least be kept mentally silent until we're ready.

3. Banshee

Banshee Pokémon Professor

Gregg the Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽62.1
    It was that night! That night where Relina could go to her first concert ever! She had begged and pleaded to her father on letting her go. And for the longest time, he insisted that she should do something else other than go to a rowdy concert filled with a bunch of hooligans cheering on a band that sounded "Demonic" to her father's ears. This was most certainly an exciting moment of her life.

Though....

To her dismay, she was forced to go with Gloria, since Gloria was older and could keep an eye on Relina during the concert. And as disappointing as that sounded, Gloria too didn't really find this option delightful. She didn't listen to that kind of music and large crowds often made her paranoid and nervous.

"B-But I am sure that you would be more than happy to spend a fun day with your daughter! I-mean. It would be a first time for the both of you going to a fun and joyous concert filled... with excitement...noise...people..." Gloria's voice began to sound a bit weak at these thoughts. "I-seriously would REALLY much rather stay at home and watch my two sisters." Gloria tried to beg Gareth on letting her stay but he seemed pretty certain that she was going to go, whether she liked it or not.

Annoyed, Gloria and Relina both traveled to the concert with their tickets. Several times along the way, Gloria had tried to talk some sense into Relina's taste in music. "Most certainly, Mozart and Beethoven would be much better to listen to. Their music is so melodic and beautiful. It's much better than listening to some guy wearing tight pants and no shirt screaming into a microphone!" Sadly, that's how Gloria viewed all rock music.

"Those guys are boring." Relina stubbornly huffed at her friend. "You really need to step up to the program and listen to better music. Those two are so old that fossil-Pokémon are probably laughing at how old they are." Relina had handed her and Gloria's tickets to the ticket collector and walked inside. She could feel Gloria twitching and inching away from other people as they walked by. Relina couldn't help but laugh. "Boy, for someone like you, you certainly are a scardy-cat. These people aren't going to chomp your face off."

"H-How do you know? I can sense their emotions." She whispered to her ear. "And some of them. . . are quite creepy."

"Stop being a baby." Gloria let out a whine as Relina continued to lead Gloria towards their seats. Lucky for them, they had managed to call in on time to get awesome seats! Right in the front row!

Once Vincent made his way onto the stage, the crowd went wild. Too wild for Gloria who not only placed ear plugs in her ears but covered them with her hands as well. Relina screamed along with the audience. "FUCK YEAH I'M READY!!!!" She screamed as loud as she could.

"I think I'm gonna be sick." Gloria sighed to herself. The emotions surrounding her were very overwhelming to her. Unlike the rest of the audience, Gloria remained seated in her chair, holding her head with her hands covering her ears. "Why. . . do I get myself into these kinds of messes?"

4. Vanillite

Vanillite Cat Lady

PokéPoints:
    ₽139.4
    Harmony ran down the street, excitement flooding through her veins as she made her way to the concert of her favorite band, Gangarene. She was wearing her favorite short white dress that matched her white hair. The dress was decorated with vibrant red and blue triangles, which matched the tints of the ends of her wavy hair. She was extremely excited; she'd finished the last of her exams today and was ready to have fun! "Wooooo!" she called excitedly, letting her inner crazy out as she made her way to the entrance of the concert. She was always well behaved on campus and was ready to act wild and free.

She waved the ticket impatiently at the bouncer's face, impatient to get into the large and loud room. As she got in, she wiggled and pushed her way to the front of the crowd so that she was near the front of her stage. She ran her hands through her hair, trying to make her hair look perfect so that maybe Vincent, the leader of rock band, would notice her. Though she doubted it, since she was in the crowd, surrounded by thousands of other devoted fans..

Vincent and the rest of the band made their way on the stage, and the roar of the crowd dragged her from her thoughts and brought her attention to the stage. She screamed at the top of her lungs, almost as loud as the blue-headed young woman next to her who yelled "FUCK YEAH I'M READY!!!"

Seeing how pumped the crowd was, Harmony yelled along with the girl. "FUCK YEAH! LET'S ROCK THIS SHIT!!!!!"

------

Ciel could hear the roar of the crowd before he even made his way into the tightly packed club to see the band. Not having a ticket, he "accidentally" bumped into a guy, knocking him over, and swiped his ticket before her noticed. "Oh hey-sorry man. Didn't see you there. I was paying attention to the concert posters, aha."

The young guy waved him off, impatient to get into the room. "Oh, no problem man!"

Ciel chuckled, walking to the ticket bouncer and smoothly showing the large, buff woman his ticket. She looked as though she could be the hell out of him. He gave her a cute wink before entering the building, and the large woman blushed.

Coming to this concert had it's perks for Ciel; He could hear an awesome band and steal stuff from the crowd, who would be too busy bumping to the music to notice him entering their bags and pockets. Gangarene came out onto the stage and the crowd went wild. A devilish and handsome smirk struck Ciel's charming features. "Let's do this," he said to himself, as he swiftly began picking pockets of wealthy looking fans.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Jathemon

Jathemon Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    "What is it with kids and their crazy music, nowdays?" a man grumbled. He clearly was not enjoying this "music". "Says the guy who listens to disco." a young girl retorted. Juniper Finnley was a young girl, much too young to be at a concert such as this. She had been staying with a friend, Lilith, for some time. Her father had promised Lilith that he would definitely not take her to any such concert.

Good thing they technically weren't at the concert. "This sucks. The point of going to a concert is to actually, y'know, see the people who are playing?" June mumbled, sitting on the hood of a car that was parked just close enough for them to be able to hear the wild cheering and screaming of what may have been music, at points. "I promised I wouldn't take you. Don't want to make a liar out of me, do you?" Naga winced, at the sound of the noise. This was not his kind of music. "Oh, so now you're worried about lying to people?" June rolled her eyes. "I could do the lying, in that case. I'll tell them I'm a midget."

"I don't think they'll buy it." Naga smirked. "Why did you even want to come here? Didn't think this was your kind of music."

June shrugged. "Mostly just to spite my mom. That, and there's probably a lot of pockets, to pick." she grinned. Evidently, there were two things that ran in the Finnley family: being a thief, and being a wiseass. June was not fully aware of her father's line of work, but she knew thievery was also among his hobbies, and was constantly telling him she could be his sidekick, or something. "I have raised a monster." Naga said, with a half-smirk. Part of him found it amusing, but the other part wished of all the traits she had gotten from him, that was not among them. Naga didn't particularly want June to turn out anywhere remotely close to him, but at the same time, enjoyed the fact that they shared interests. Also, picking pockets was fun.

"So," Naga said, hopping off the hood of the car. "Since neither of us have a ticket, how are we supposed to get in?" June slid off the car as well, and shrugged. "Oh, don't give me that. This was all your idea, don't bail on me, now." Naga said, arms crossed. June stood, thinking for a moment. "There's always the 'innocent little girl who lost her parents inside the concert' bit. Can't go wrong with a classic, right?" she grinned, her smile being both girlish and terrifying, at the same time. "Right, right. Distract guards, I sneak in, they bring you in to find me. What could possibly go wrong, with that plan?" Naga sighed, doubtful.

"I cannot believe that actually worked." Naga said, after they had both successfully sneaked into the concert. "Hey, I can be cute and innocent, when I want to be." June said, back. "Hey, I have an idea. I'm gonna find somebody with earplugs. That's what I'm gonna do." Naga said, still wincing from the obnoxiously loud "music". "Pff, wuss." June scoffed.

6. Smaug

Smaug School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.0
    "See what we got here boys? I looks like we got some other ganger hangin' around in our turf!" The large bearded biker said to his buddies as they surrounded the lone man.

"He's one of them hybrid posers boss. Must be a rich guy too. That tail looks almost real." replied the short slimy individual of the group as he pulled out a switchblade.

"We gotta show this guy that we don't allow other gangs in our city, especially not Pokémon posers. Ready boys?" The bearded boss said as he pulled out a chain from around his waist.

Smaug sighed as he gazed at the gangers readying weapons. This was the last thing he wanted when he came back from his journey. Well, not with humans anyway. He was fine with fighting any other hybrid and even some wild Pokémon, but humans were not only boring to fight but it was unfair. Humans simply didn't stand a chance against a hybrid. Even so, he appeared to have little choice at this moment.

The gangers got closer, weapons at the ready. Smaug appeared to be completely relaxed and nonplussed. Suddenly, the guy directly behind him cried out, blood spurting from his broken nose. Smaug didn't pause as he brought back his elbow from the man's face and punched the guy to his left in the gut, following up with a jumping knee to his face. Both man fell to the ground in agony, Smaug not stopping his sudden assault. The next ganger didn't even see the meaty tail smash him in the ribs, the impact sounding like a whip crack. At the same time the fourth ganger within reach was kicked squarely in the chest, sending him into one of their motorcycles.

All that was left was the boss and his slimy toady. Both appeared to be in shock at what had happened within mere seconds. The big bearded boss clenched his teeth in rage as the toady too a few steps backward. The boss roared as he whipped his chain at Smaug's head. The hybrid's arm snapped up to catch it, the chain wrapping around his arm. Smaug then took a deep breath, blowing a line a fire out at the chain and melting half of it away.

"So, going to leave now or do you still want trouble?" Smaug asked in boredom. the gangers who hadn't been knocked unconscious ran to their cycles and headed off, including the boss and his toady. Smaug sighed deeply as he went over to the two unconscious thugs who had been left behind. Not being one with a ton of money, the traveling street fighter dug through their pockets for their wallets. Inside he found enough money to last him a couple wees, as well as what appeared to be a ticket for a local concert.

"Hmmm. Music, beer, and food. Sounds good enough for tonight I guess. May as well since it's free....and this poor guy isn't going." he said to himself, the hint of a smirk coming to his lips as he pocketed the money and ticket.

The music wasn't all that great, but it wasn't intolerable to Smaug's ears. Then again he wasn't that big into music in general. The beer and food however were definitely to his tastes, which made Smaug a very happy. the crowd also helped to hide his oddness, though he had to keep his tail close to his body without setting his clothes on fire. With his torn jeans, teal muscle shirt, black boots and gloves, along with his black leather jacket he fit pretty well at this concert. While he wondered around, sipping his beer he spotted two individuals that were very familiar. As the man named Naga moved away from the little girl Smaug came up to her.

"Didn't think they allowed little Junebugs into concerts like this." he said with a genuine smile on his face, reaching down to ruffle the girl's hair. "How have you been?"

7. 7Demented

7Demented Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽119.6
    "Come on, we're gonna be late!" Raine raced across the streets with her brother in tow. Panting, Dementia started, "Hold up, sis!" He leaned against a wall, gasping for air. "I can't run for long times."

"Well, pick it up! There's a concert and I want to get good seats!" Raine turned around to face her brother, pouting slightly.

Dementia looked up. "You've never even heard of this band. Why bother?" He was clearly tired from running across Castelia (I'm guessing that's where we are) nonstop.

Raine shook her head. "You need to learn to experiment. Give new things a try." She folded her arms across her chest. "Like me!" With a smile, she dashed off to the doors. Dementia stood up, following her. Jeez, she doesn't slow down for anything.

They arrived in front of the bouncer who didn't look too pleased to see them. Or anyone. Raine rifled through her pockets to find the tickets and quickly flashed them by. The bouncer stepped aside to let them through, with Dementia protesting, "I wanted a break from service, but I sure as hell didn't bank on this."

The two walked inside and found seats. It wasn't the front row, but it was close enough. Raine was clearly excited to be close to the stage, whilst Dementia was gazing around, looking for escape routes in case he needed to run to the restroom. He placed a hand on his sister's shoulder. "You sure about this? I've never heard of 'Gangarene' or whatever they are." Raine simply nodded in response, too caught up in her elation to talk. He sighed. "I'm gonna go grab some snacks." He began to edge his way out of the row, which was filling up fast. The blue-haired girl reached into her pockets and handed the Furret some cash. "Just a soda," she said before turning away.

Returning from the snack bar, Dementia noticed a figure dart about. Multiple, actually. Great, he thought, pickpockets. Just what I need on vacay. Calmly walking up, he tapped a man with Sableye goggles on the shoulder, saying, "Just what do you think you're doing?" He took a sip from his drink. Not exactly intimidating, but he figured the height differential would do the job.

8. Tomatketchup

Tomatketchup Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Farhad always looked forward to the weekends. Not because he was free on weekends - which he, by the way, wasn't - but because at weekends he picked up the normal people. The ones that had drinked a bit too much, and was cheerful and full of life. Unlike people who step into the taxi on workdays, 3am in the morning. They were usually the unemployed, the depressed, lifeless souls. Or they were the normal scum. The pimps, the filth, the criminals. Today was thursday thankfully, or friday morning rather. This time it was just the normal filth, the cheating couple.

"Hey asshole!" the man in the backseat yelled. "Change the fucking channel!". Farhad didn't want to get into fights. He simply rolled his eyes and quickly changed to the next radio station he came across. "Better?" Farhad asked with his broken accent. "Yeah..." the man in the backseat said before quickly turning back to the chubby chick whom he had previously made out with and started licking her neck. Farhad tried not to look too much into the rear mirror, but he always had to keep the customers in check to see if they didn't do anything bad. The radio made the typical annoying noises that radio shows usually did. "This is... BAAAAAM CHANNEL 95.90 hinkeyDONKhinkeyDONK fizzfizzFIZZ wiiiiiith your hoooooost MIKE BICKLE!". Farhad shrugged. He could already tell what this radio show would be about. Probably about dumb anecdotes coupled with unbearable pop music and contests with dull prices. His shift was over in 3 hours. 3 more hours of creeps and scum sitting in his taxi. He looked in the rear mirror again, seeing how the man slowly unzipped his pants...

Farhad pulled to the side, stepped out of the taxi, opened the backseat doors and slammed the taxi's roof with his hand. "Hey! Not allowed!" he told the man. The man gave the taxi driver the finger as he continued to drag down his pants. Farhad became infuriated. "Bala'a il a'air!" he shouted as he reached for the man in the backseat. Despite being short, Farhad was strong. You learn how people react to being thrown out of a taxi, throwing out people from the taxi is just routine at this point. As the man got thrown out with his pants down by his feet, Farhad waved away the woman. "Qalab wighek!". The woman ran over to the man on the ground, seeing if he was alright, as Farhad slammed the backseat door and sat himself in the front seat again, and drove off. Like always, he forgot to crave money from the people he threw out.

"Hahaha! That's great Susie! I loved the part with the guinea pig and the salt dough!" the radio host yelled. "And hey, stay tuned, because we're about to play... RAMTUMTUUUUUM... some Vee Skyler! As most of you probably already know, the guy is actually having a concert right here.. in our proud city! For the first time! HammahammaHAMMA! With tickets sold out in less than 24 hours, you're also probably aware of that YOU DON'T HAVE ANY TICKETS! But here on Radio HipPop we're nice people ...UNLIKE OUR LOCAL POLITICIANS hahahah! Wiiiiiiuuuuuuuiiiiii! ... so we've decided to give one lucky guy or gal a free ticket for his concert tomorrow! Just call in and we'll let you compete with another person for the tickets!"

"No thanks..." Farhad said for himself as he was about to change the channel. "But hey!" the radio shouted, "Don't worry if you don't win... we'll give you a free HIPPOP T-SHIRT!". Farhad stopped himself. He was running low on cash and he could use a new t-shirt... "Are you interested? Call now at 1221-455655!". Farhad picked up his old Nokia phone and called the number. "Aaaaaand we've got ourselves a call! What's your name?". A young sweet voice was heard on the radio. "Samantha!" the girl said. "Heeeeellloooooo Samantha! Ready to win some TICKETS for VEE SKYLER?!". The girl screamed anticipatedly. "Oh man! You ARE ready! Alright, next one on the line, what's your name pal?" "Farhad." "Hello FARHAD! You don't sound like a Vee Skyler fan, how old are you pal?" "33." "33!! THE LUCKY NUMBER!!". Farhad raised an eyebrow. "It is?" "IT SURE IS! Now listen, you only need to answer one question correctly. The first one to answer correctly wins the tickets. If you don't win, don't worry, we've got a t-shirt for you!". Farhad smiled for himself as the sun was starting to rise in the horizon. All he had to do was to answer wrong, and he'd make himself and the other girl happy.

The radio played a rapid drumming soundfile. "Okay... here it is: Name one Beatles member!". Farhad rolled his eyes. What an easy question, too bad he couldn't show off how smart he was by saying the correct answer. He just said the first random thing to pop up from his mind. "George Harrison." he said. A quick fanfare melody played on the radio as Farhad realized he accidently said the right answer. Faq'haa. "Congratulations Farhad! You've won tickets to VEE SKYLER'S FIRST CONCERT IN UNOVA! You're part of HISTORY now! Aren't you happy?!" Farhad tried to fix things up, it couldn't be so hard to just tell him he wanted the other price. "Actually.." Farhad said before being promptly interrupted by the radio host. "AWESOOOOOME!! RADI-CAAAAAAAL!! Thanks for calling Farhad, in order to celebrate your STUNNING VICTORY, here's some of your FAVORITE music!". Farhad hanged up and sighed as he listened to the horrible music. 10 seconds into the song he just popped in a Roy Ayers CD into the CD player and once again watched as the sun went up in the horizon.

Being 33 and single wasn't easy. Every single one of his buddies had moved on in life. Had a family, perhaps a career. Something. But Farhad was different. He was still as unoccupied as he was in high school. He once again looked at the ticket he had just gotten from the mailman, as he lied on his bed with his belt unbuckled and his chubby stomach getting some fresh air. "Might as well go..." he quietly said for himself. "Hopefully they have a bar with free drinks."

Farhad was stunned. There were so many people that had gathered to listen to this surreal music. He looked around for a bar, something of some value. But there was nothing. Just the large scene with it's fanatical fans gathered around it, like it was the Mecca. 3 hours until his work started... and he had nothing better to do... maybe this concert wouldn't be that bad. Maybe the song from yesterday was just a bad apple. He heard as loud girls screamed foul words as the first strings were pulled on the guitar. It was bad. So bad.

9. Vanillite

Vanillite Cat Lady

PokéPoints:
    ₽139.4
    Ciel was becoming quite casual and noticeable with his pickpocketing, due to him getting so caught up in the music. The shadowy boy could just about dance to anything; he loved music. Nodding his head to the music, he casually made his way to a girl swaying to the music with her eyes closed, and unclipped her bracelet from her wrist.

He held it up before him, admiring the charm bracelet's glittery charms. The chain itself was made from real gold. Ciel grinned at his find, how lucky he was! Just as he was about to step away, he was tapped on the shoulder and met by an accusing voice saying, "What are you doing?"

Ciel turned to see a guy, a little taller than him, with Furret-like features. No doubt a hybrid, he thought. The guy had seemed to have a casual expression as he sipped from his drink. The music wasn't nearly as loud now, due to a slower, softer song, and the girl caught onto to their conversation.

As she turned and spotted her bracelet, Ciel spoke up before she could, his voice smooth and velvety as the words rolled coolly out of his mouth. "Oh, me? I'm just returning this bracelet to this fine young lady right here," he turned to her, giving her a wink. "You dropped this, sweetheart."

He slipped the bracelet into the awe-struck girl's hand, before turning back turning back to the Furret-guy. With an closed-eye smile, he stepped back, disappearing in the crowd.

10. Madaraki

Madaraki Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.0
    Over Unova, ten minutes from now.

Above the night clouds, out of the sight of prying eyes and beyond the senses of anyone with the capabilities that might warn them, a triangular shape moved into position. It was roughly the size of a small passenger jet, rounded at every edge and looking for all the world like the sort of thing that would cause anyone who saw it to call it in as a UFO sighting. It was unlit, as it was more than maneuverable enough to avoid collision with anything capable of damaging it accidentally.

It suddenly shifted to the left.

Inside, a confused and somewhat frustrated pilot was tweaking levers and pushing buttons that sent the small craft zipping smartly towards another section of the city.

"Change of plans, sir?" A helmeted figure asked curiously. he normally wasn't one to question orders from higher up, but directions were seldom changed in his line of work.

"Yes. Our plan to deliver the package has been...altered. Sensory data from the Controller indicates there would be far too much resistance even for the Reaver's capabilities."

"If what you told me is true, this thing's got the strengths and abilities of two species, plus a third if you're directing it with the Controller." A man behind the pilot said. The second figure was, if possible, even more heavily armored than the first. He was pacing uneasily around a spherical object roughly three feet in diameter. It was steel-grey with several black bars criss-crossing its reflective surface and a burning red indicator light at its center. "Frankly I'm surprised it hasn't broken out of the sentisphere yet."

"Oh it would have by now." The voice from the communication panel said. "It's angry at being sealed up. Right now the Controller's the only thing keeping it in check. Anyway, once you get to the new coordinates and release it. We'll let it track our targets for a while and ideally the resistance quotient will be diminished by the time it actually reaches them."

Perhaps it was a case of nerves.

Perhaps it was the desire to get the mission over with quickly.

Perhaps something back at base was playing with his mind.

The pilot had already moved the transport to the desired coordinates and as the Director was finishing his sentence, he hit the release doors; sending both Sentisphere and handler plummeting towards the ground. The former fell silently through the night sky. The latter screamed like a failing member of Team Rocket.

"Package delivered." The pilot said evenly, a faint glow fading from his eyes as he closed the doors and steered the ship back out towards the coast.

Unova, now.

As was his tendency, Oswald was busying himself backstage while Gangarene entertained a wilder-than-usual audience with bone-quaking rock and a symphonic metal ballad about a hapless boy who fell victim to a Gyarados horde mauling at sea. "He Died From Pallet Town" was always a favorite like that.

Of course the part that interested him the most was the nature of the crowd out there. Normally at Vee's concerts he'd catch the traces of one, maybe two Pokémon-human fusions. He rarely associated or talked with any of them and on the rare occasions where contact was demanded, it was usually because one of them was about to try something stupid. The last such incident had involved a drunken ex-Scyther making a run at the stage for who knew what purpose.

One jolt later and he'd been facedown on the hard concert hall floor, convinced that he was a Diglet.

Usually one or two in the audience, and tonight there were ten.

Sitting back in his favorite chair in one of the building's lounges, he closed his eyes and stretched out, careful not to let his mental net slip beyond the concert hall. He'd let it wander over almost all of Unova the first time he'd tested his abilities in his new form and the dissipation of his thought processes had knocked him out for two days. Folding his hands in front of his face, his eyes narrowed to familiar slits as the medallion at his neck gleamed briefly.

The lights around him flickered.

Spinda, Blaziken, Furret, Sneasel, Vaporeon, Charizard, Prinplup, Sableye, Togekiss, and...well now. he thought, raising an eyebrow.

Gloria remained seated in her chair, holding her head with her hands covering her ears. "Why. . . do I get myself into these kinds of messes?"

Abruptly, the music around Gloria seemed to fade. Indeed the stage itself was dissolving into what looked less like a concert hall and more like a victorian-era parlor room decorated entirely in maroon and gold.

"Indeed that is a question I ask myself whenever Vincent gets himself into trouble." Oswald thought/said from his seat across from Gloria. "Forgive the abrupt invitation, but I thought I might...take your mind off the concert for a bit."

11. Banshee

Gregg the Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽62.1
    The cheering of the crowd and the jumping of the fans, Relina couldn't believe how much energy everyone had. People were screaming at the top of their lungs and she swore that she saw some women flash Vee. People were clapping their hands, thrusting their fist into the air and bobbing to the drum beats. It was almost a shame that her father was so against on going to the concert! She was certain that Gareth would have had the time of his life, much like how she was doing right now. Little did she know that Gloria was feeling pretty miserable and was hiding in her chair in between Relina and someone else.

"THIS IS THE BEST CONCERT EVER!" Relina shouted to Harmony, not realizing on who she was. "HE'S SO COOL!" she would have never thought that a concert would be this awesome. EVER!

When she finally looked over to Gloria, she only figured that the Gardevoir was tired of jumping with everyone else. So that must have been why she was seated. Relina leaned over to her and yelled at her; "I WONDER IF I CAN GET HIM TO GIVE ME A HIGH FIVE?"

Gloria only gave Relina a dull look. She highly doubted that Vee would do something as simple and casual like that. Why should he? He was having too much fun singing his lyrics and getting the crowd going even more. She only shook her head and shrugged her shoulders to Relina, since she didn't want to shout back at her. Gloria was normally soft spoken anyways so shouting would have bothered her. Or her voice would have been drowned out by the overwhelming sound. So she returned her head back to its original placement, between her hands.

"I STILL WANNA TRY!" Relina shrugged and attempted to get a high-five from Vee. Though, she was not climbing onto the stage like a crazy fan girl would. She was merely just leaning over and holding her hand out to him. She hoped that she could gain his attention just enough to where he would just give one to her.

Gloria began to realize that the music had started to fade from her ears. The harsh beats of the drums, the loud cries of the crowd, and the guitar strumming; all seemed to mellow itself out to a soft murmur. Gloria finally looked up from her hands and glanced around the area. She noticed that it had first started to fade into darkness. Though the first thought she had crossing her mind was; Had she done it? Had she finally just fainted in the crowd and allowed herself to be trampled by the raving fans? Gloria bit her lip; she hoped not! She would wake up with unneeded bruises all over her pale complexion. Then she would have to explain to everyone on how she got bruised at a hard rock concert when everyone knew that she absolutely loathed that kind of music. No one would believe her. They would probably assume that some jerk tried to mug her or something.

But as the details of the area became clearer, it caught her attention. She noticed the darkness was seeming to be lifted by an alternate power, one of which she couldn't see. However, she did feel something with strength emerge from this darkness. And wWhat was being revealed was a rather calm looking but elegant Victorian parlor room. She took note of the fashionable decorations and the soothing atmosphere. Gloria took a heavy sigh, feeling relived somehow. Even though she was rather confused on how this place came to be, but it was nice having the music be drowned out completely.

When Oswald spoke, she quickly shot her attention towards the man. She had never seen him before and yet, there he was sitting in his chair. Could he be the source of that random power she sensed earlier? Though he looked rather harmless and seemed more concerned rather than trying to attack. Gloria swiftly picked herself up to make herself look more presentable rather than huddling over like a scared child. The man spoke and it caught her off guard. "Huh?" Her confusion was prominent on her face. Oswald said that he too had wondered the same question as she did, but his was directed towards Vee and not Relina or the concert.

He then apologized for the sudden interruption and informed her that he was only trying to help. "Oh uh. . . Thank you." She gave him a little polite bow but quickly pulled herself back. "May I ask. . . Who are you? Are you someone related to uh. . . The guy?" She couldn't remember Vee's name at that direct moment but she assumed he had to be someone Vee knew. After all, he mentioned his name. However at times like this, Gloria hated feeling timid and sometimes wished she was as strong-willed as Relina. Though, she did find it handy that she often thought before she acted out and avoided trouble, unlike her friend.

But as she looked at Oswald, she noticed something different about him. He was no mere human. And only psychics, as far as she knew, could do something like this. "My name is Gloria." She figured to introduce herself to him. After all, he seemed to want to help her rather than hurt her.

12. Vanillite

Vanillite Cat Lady

PokéPoints:
    ₽139.4
    At this moment, Harmony didn't think her name fit her. She was thrashing about, going wild with the music, shoving people if they got in her way of her view of Vee. She wasn't being so..nice. It still saddened her that none of her friends would come with her, but now that she thought about it, they would've just gotten in her way or whined about how they didn't like the music. Whatever, she was having a good time! The lights up on stage swiveled about, moving at different speeds with the tempo of the music. Colored smoke filled the air, adding to the awesomness of the place. Harmony hadn't even gotten a drink yet, and was feeling great!

Harmony went wild when one of her favorite songs came on; "He Died From Pallet Town." She began to sing along in her sweet but powerful voice, completely captivated by the music. She stared up at Vee, her eyes glimmering in awe. She thought he was the most wonderful man! So cool and talented. Harmony wasn't one to fangirl over anyone, but boy oh boy did she like Vee. When friends asked her about how much she liked Gangarene, she played it cool and said she was a casual fan. However, she's a hardcore fan. When she's not studying, she's busy huddled over her Gangarene fan blog. She had over 10,000 followers!

The girl next to her began to yell at her through the music about how awesome the concert was. Harmony smiled, and yelled back with the same enthusiasm. She didn't know the girl, but none of her girl friends liked this band! "I KNOW RIGHT?! HIS VOICE IS AMAAAZING! AND THE WAY HE STROKES THAT GUITAR WITH HIS FINGERS... HOOOOOOO-WEEEEEEEEE!" Seeing Vee enjoy himself singing and playing guitar made Harmony wish she had furthered her own music career. She was a wonderful singer, just never really went out and did anything with her voice.

The hybrid Togekiss girl giggled as The blue clad girl next to her asked her friend if she thought Vee would give her a high five. Figuring the girl wouldn't mind interrupting, Harmony added. "HEY- I WANT A HIGH FIVE TOO! I MEAN, WHY WOULDN'T HE GIVE US ONE? WE'RE A GROUP OF WONDERFUL LOOKIN' LADIES!" She began jumping about, waving her hand up on stage! Rockstars usually touched the hands of fans, right? Maybe he'd give them highfives when the drummer got his solo!

As she waved her hand up on stage, she looked at the two girls next to her. The blue headed one next to her resembled a Prinplup, and her older friend looked like a Gardevoir.. Harmony knew a lot of people dressed as hybrids because they thought they were cool, but she felt sure that these two were really hybrids. She wouldn't say anything, of course. She was a hybrid herself, though nobody knew. She wasn't one to like a huge crowd of attention on herself, and she knew if she came out about being a hybrid on campus..well, she'd never be left alone again. Plus, who knows what kind of creepy scientist would come after her. Yikes!

Feeling she'd talked to them enough to give them her name, she yelled. "I'M HARMONY!!!!!!! WHAT'S YOUR NAME!!" Harmony had yelled so much. She knew her throat would be aching tomorrow.

Done with his looting the crowd for the night, Ciel made his way to the front of the crowd, wanting to enjoy the end of the concert fully. He found himself to a group of three cute ladies. They all varied in age, but he didn't mind. He gave them all a sly smirk and a cute wink, only to go and make guitar noises and do an air guitar as Vee went into his guitar solo. "baw nownow zililtitltitltittttttttttttwaaa." (please dont judge me, I don't know how to describe guitar sounds through text :( xD)Ciel had his goofy moments, and right now he was so lost in the music he didn't care who saw.

13. 7Demented

7Demented Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽119.6
    Dementia sighed. Can't I ever get a break? he thought, returning to Raine.

Raine was too busy dancing to the tunes to notice her brother return. After a bit of prodding, she finally turned and snatched her soda. Shouting above the music, she said, "Thanks! And try to lighten up! Have some fun!" Dementia frowned. "I'm just not into this kind of.... garbage," he yelled back, hoping no one really heard his comment. It was difficult to talk over the roaring music. "I'm going to go do some... stuff." Raine simply waved him off, consumed by music.

Raine noticed that some of the people in the area were dressed like hybrids. Maybe they are? ​she thought. Curiosity took over as she wandered over to a girl dressed as a Togekiss. She shouted, "Hi! What's your name? I'm Raine!" The Vaporeon hoped she got the girl's attention.

As Dementia passed through the crowd, he saw many others that looked like hybrids, like himself. Caught up in his daydreams, he collided into someone. "Oof, sorry," he quickly apologized. But then he noticed the guy wasn't screaming like the numerous fans around them, and the man had features that resembled a Spinda. It was clear the guy was a hybrid. Curious, he asked, "I'm guessing you're not into the music either. My name's Dementia, what's yours?" The Furret offered a hand to the Spinda hybrid in greeting.

14. Jathemon

Jathemon Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    June ruffled her hair back, after Smaug had messed it up. She smirked at him, while placing the feather back in its proper position. "Sup?" was all she said. June had been staying at a friend's dojo for quite some time, as her mother couldn't cope with the whole hybrid business. Since she was staying there, her father thought it would be best if she took lessons; unfortunately, Smaug was her favorite teacher. Naga didn't hate Smaug, but Smaug wasn't particularly fond of Naga, so he preferred to keep his distance.

"Eh, same old." the young girl shrugged. "Musashi getting me up at the buttcrack of dawn, bossing my cousin around, sneaking into concerts. You know. The usual." she said, in an unusually casual tone, considering she had to speak louder than the very loud music. Music that Naga was still trying to ignore. His head pounded along with the beat of the music, and the sight of Smaug certainly did not help.

"Oh, great. Puff the grumpy dragon is here. Can tonight possibly get any worse?" Naga grumbled. "You know once you say that, it always does." June smirked. "Yeah, yeah. I'm used to it. Seriously, though. Of all the places in the entire concert that I would rather be, right now," he said, gesturing to the general area, his hands finally stopping in his current spot. "This is not among them. No offense, Spyro, but we're not exactly BFFs." he said, setting a hand on June's shoulder. "So, what say we just politely ignore each other, and I go very far away from you. Preferably, on the completely opposite side."

June groaned. She knew the two didn't really get along, but she liked hanging out with Smaug. "You two do know that it is possible to just not speak to each other, right? You can not snark. That's a thing. Not snarking. I'm sure it's a real effort, but I have faith in you." she continued. She never said that she couldn't snark.

15. Smaug

Smaug School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.0
    "What was that noise Junebug?" Smaug asked the girl before turning his head and seemingly noticed Naga for the first time. "Oh you're here? Didn't notice you. Isn't the Colonel chasing you to create the perfect bucket of extra crispy or something?" he added, straightening up and finishing his beer. He then crushed the can and tossed it into a nearby trash bin with ease. He then pulled out a cigarette from his jacket. He blew softly on one end a quick flame coming from his mouth and lighting it.

"As for not speaking, do you have any idea how hard it is not to reply to the idiotic things your dad says?" He asked June, smirking as he puffed on his cigarette. Sure it was true that Naga irritated him to no end, mostly due to his attitude and his tendency to make incredibly stupid mistakes. However he did respect the other man as a fighter, and respected him for his attempt at fatherhood. He would never tell Naga that however, as it would inflate his huge ego more so that it already was.

He took the opportunity to gaze about the place and watch the real fans of this band. Most were teens, and mostly women it seemed. Smaug wished he could remember that time of his life. Then again he still wasn't sure if he had been a human or a Charizard before the change. His dreams of flight hinted that he was most likely a Charizard, but he had other strange dreams as well. These dreams had been going on since he could remember, and several people had tried to help him out with them with no luck.

"So Junebug, not really your peer group. Why'd you decide to convince Daryl to come and listen to this?" He queried as he continued to gaze through the crowd.

16. Madaraki

Madaraki Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.0
    The Concert Hall

"Apologies," The psychic began as he took a seat across from her. "I should have introduced myself first. My name is Oswald Frank. I am...shall we say the minder of the wild one currently entertaining the rather unique audience at the moment. I usually spend my time keeping him in line and looking out for him, but when it comes to the concerts," he added with a faint smile. "more often than not I find myself looking after the occasional unwilling attendee."

He paused for a moment, opting to instead give her the somewhat condensed version of their background. If she wasn't aware already, it would only be a matter of time before she figured out that the two of them were hardly ordinary.

"Forgive any unintentional rudeness; Gardevoir, yes?" He half-stated, half-asked. "I...was an Alakazam myself, and the imp currently soaring out over the crowd was a Gengar."

At that moment, Vee was indeed soaring over the crowd.

It was a trick he'd seen other bands and singers do in the past; strapping themselves into harnesses controlled by technicians who would then send them careening wildly out over the audience, much to the delight of everyone present.

He'd begun the trick by stomping a marked button on the stage that sent a wave of short-range fireworks up where they exploded in a blinding array of colors. The next step was simple; in the multicolored haze left by the small blasts, he rendered himself semi-transparent, and in the middle of his guitar solo shot out running several feet over everyone's head.

As far as most people were concerned, he'd ducked back behind the generated fog on stage and a hologram was now dashing out above the audience.

Of course, that wasn't the case at all, and at the height of his run, he took advantage to partially solidify his face and lock lips with one of the enthusiastic girls who was leaning off the balcony squealing. Whether she'd been drinking, smoking, or was naturally euphoric, she remained blissfully unaware of the utter defiance of the laws of physics and toppled back with a joyous and dazed look on her face as Vee's tongue shot back into his mouth before anyone noticed.

Shooting up, he planted both feet on the balcony rail and kicked off, tumbling up and back towards the stage while tumbling end over end in the air. He was almost back at the stage when his ears caught one shout in particular, some girl near the front screaming her name and apparently asking the name of someone else next to her.

Easy. He thought, as a mischievous grin split his features. He flickered briefly and reappeared upside down directly above her, still milking the "hologram" gimmick.

"You don't know who I am?" he asked Harmony with as much fake injury as he could muster in his nearly-high state. He turned quickly to the girl she'd been talking to a second before. "You. Educate her in these matters. Now."

The City

Chief Kasi had seen many strange things in his years on the police force. Hell, between the seemingly endless types of Pokémon that appeared and those half-person, half-Pokémon monsters the government had been in a snit about, he'd long ago decided he'd seen everything.

The metal sphere lying in the middle of the cracked street was a new one. A damaged and flickering red light on its front had caught his eye at the start and reminded him of one of those balls that Pokémon trainers always threw around.

Damn kids...keeping animals in those tiny airtight containers. he thought, looking at the sphere again and noticing the crushed remains of a body underneath it for the first time. He groaned. Unidentified falling objects were one thing, but a body was going to mean who knew how much more paperwork.

He turned to the female officer standing behind him.

"Best call an ambulance for this one." He said quietly. "Get your sister to handle it if you can. The last thing we need right now is the entire Nimbasa medical staff getting involved. Also, see what's keeping that backup I requested."

The officer looked even more nervous. "I...I already made a general emergency call." She said quietly.

"Dammi-"

A hissing noise from the sphere interrupted their argument, and they turned back to look at it.

It had cracked now, and Chief Kasi noticed with some apprehension that the light had gone off completely. A crowd had been gathering ever since it had crashed, and now they were pressing in closer, all wanting to get a look at the object despite the suddenly likely possibility that it was explosive.

"Back!" The chief shouted, trying in vain to get everyone away from it. Where's my backup, dammit?

The sphere split in a burst of light and smoke. Someone screamed, and the police chief was suddenly brushed aside. As he fell, he heard the officer behind him scream. Struggling to his feet, he had his gun drawn and pointed at...whatever was crouched on top of the female officer.

"Hands...in the air!" He wheezed.

The attacker twitched, but didn't turn or move otherwise. It remained where it was, its breathing coming in a faint bubbling hiss.

Can't be human. He thought, taking a cautious step closer.

Without warning something whipped out of the haze and broke Kasi's wrists in a single swipe. His gun was knocked from his hands as well, but not before he twitched off a single shot.

A shot that pinged harmlessly off the creature's -he was sure it wasn't human now- back.

It hissed once, and he felt a rush of air as a pair of wings spread from its upper back and flapped once, stirring the smoke further before it lifted into the air.

Stumbling, Chief Kasi watched as the strange creature from the strange sphere rose into the night sky and vanished between the two closest skyscrapers.

17. Vanillite

Vanillite Cat Lady

PokéPoints:
    ₽139.4
    Harmony jumped in delight from the music, and from the two new friends she had made; Relina and Gloria. Harmony really enjoyed Relina's company; though a few years younger than her, the girl seemed to be tough and brimming with energy. The two bumped to the music, feeding off the band and crowd's energies. The Togekiss chick was quite sure that she'd lose ten pounds from all the dancing and jumping she was doing from the rockin' concert.

Though she was bumping to the music, her attention was still caught by someone behind her. She turned, still dancing, to lock eyes with a girl with beautiful, teal hair. "Hey girl!" Harmony called with enthusiasm. "I'm Harmony! Big time fan of Gangarene and college student!" She pulled the girl up to the front with her, dancing about. "Sorry I'm so energetic! Just having a really good time! Are you here by yourself, too? None of my friends would come with me! But I made new ones, Relina and Gloria!" The Togekiss girl pointed to the two girls next to her, one who was just as excited as she.

While dancing around, Harmony turned giggled at the spiky-headed boy on the other side of her as he played his air guitar. She spoke loudly to him over the music. "Hey, can you play for real?" Odds are she'd probably never see half of these people ever again, so she was striking up a conversation with everyone. Maybe it was the strange colored smoke floating about that was making her cut so loose.

Ciel gave the pretty light haired girl a charming smile before answering. "Ah, no I cannot. But you and your friend's pretty looks and voices sure do pluck the strings of my heart." He winked.

Though she blushed, Harmony busted out laughing at this boy's flirtatious comment at she and Relina. She caught the girl's arm, to get her attention, and hoped that she had also heard his flirt attempt. He was charming, but the flirt attempt was just too funny! It was so cheesy she couldn't help but grin. Harmony hoped that she didn't hurt his feelings by chuckling at him. She looked to Raine to see if she heard his flirtation attempt, too.

Ciel couldn't help but laugh at the other girls' laughter; a real laugh. Not one of his fake charming, chuckles. "Ahaha, okay, I'll admit, that one was pretty cheesy." Thinking just as Harmony had before, that he'd probably never see them again, he gave them his name. "I'm Ciel Shadows, who are you lovely ladies? Gangarene is awesome, aren't they!?"

The white-headed girl felt extremely relieved to find that the dark headed boy wasn't angry at her for laughing! He seemed pretty cool- giant goggles, spiky hair, shredded looking clothing- he basically looked like a bad idea and someone her mother would warn about avoiding, but she didn't care. "That was the cheesiet attempt I've ever heard," she kept laughing. "I'm Harmony!! And this is Relina and Raine!! Gangarene AMAZING!!"

As if the band had heard her words, Vee began floating about over the crowd using some type of trick. Harmony gasped in amazement. "aah..." Vee looked so cool flying about!! She couldn't help but feel jealous as he liplocked with a girl on a balcony. However, it changed when he came down, his face close to hers.

He'd heard her ask Relina for her name, and then he asked if she knew who he was. "Vee! O-Of course I know who you are! T-Tell him, Relina!" she looked at the girl excitedly, their rock idol speaking to them. "You're like.. my idol, a rock god! Killer guitar player, your fingers move so smoothly over the strings.. You're lead singer of Gangarene, of course I know who you are!" She reached out to him, wondering if he'd let her touch him.

18. Banshee

Gregg the Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽62.1
    "My name is Relina!" She shouted to Harmony, introducing herself. Then her eyes caught someone unfamiliar trying to flirt with them. She couldn't really hear him all too well but she did understand what he had said. The flirting was too much and she laughed, elbowing Gloria playfully. Gloria on the other hand was not paying any attention at all. It didn't occur to Relina that she was in another state of mind. "You're too funny, Guy!" She said to Ciel. His attempt of flirting was just too silly. "But thank you for the lovely compliment!" She added. Relina was enjoying the idea of meeting so many different people at one concert! Were all concerts like this?

She then introduced herself to Ciel. "And this here is Gloria." Relina just pointed to Gloria without actually looking over to her. So she still didn't realize the trance her friend seemed to have been in. "They totally are awesome!"

When Vee did his fancy trick and spoke directly to her, Relina looked extremely ecstatic. She could just give him a high five right then and there! But she held herself back from doing so. After all, she didn't want bouncers to come throttling her because she voluntarily touched the guy. Then she would have to explain to her dad about how she got kicked out of a concert. "Of course she knows who you are!" Relina said to Vee. "Both of us ARE YOUR BIGGEST FANS!!!" Harmony then talked to him, telling him she knew who he was. Relina snickered.

"Can I high five you!?" She had to ask as she held her hand up to him. A simple high five!

As for Gloria, she had remained sitting there in a trance state. She was too busy enjoying the peace and quiet. Even talking to Oswald seemed fun too. At least she wouldn't be feeling so miserable right at the moment. "Oh no it's okay." She quickly said after he apologized to her but he continued to introduce himself. Gloria heard him tell her how he knew Vee. It was interesting. "So, you're like some form of guardian right? That's kind of how I feel about my friend. Though she is often too hard-headed to listen and always drags me around with her." She puffed her cheeks out a little bit but she let the air out when he mentioned that he also looked for those who didn't want to attend.

Gloria felt a little bad about not wanting to go to the concert. She was sure that she would have enjoyed it more if she liked the music style and the fact she could control herself on cutting off other peoples emotions. Though it was a good special ability she had, it sometimes bothered her. Sensing emotions were really tough on her. "I-I am sure, he has really amazing talent. I just-well. . . There's too many people around. . . and it nerves me out."

"Y-yes." She admitted to him when he asked if she was a Gardevoir. She went to say, it wasn't often people could directly guess it but he then mentioned that he was an Alakazam. Her eyes widened. Another psychic! "I-I would have never guessed! I was going to ask how you knew, but that explains it completely." She was rather relieved that he wasn't a human but a hybrid, like herself and a few others. Though she wouldn't have guessed that Vee was a Gengar. "Oh wow. There's more of us than I thought." She smiled at Oswald.

She then glanced around the room. "You know, I was wondering how you could have done this. But hearing you tell me that you're an Alakazam explains it all. You guys are the strongest psychics." She turned back to him and crossed her arms. "I just sense peoples emotions a lot." She figured to explain why she didn't like being around crowds. "And when they're in an area like-at the concert. It kinda gets a little overwhelming." Gloria let out a nervous laugh. "Being a psychic sure has its perks. Doesn't it?"

19. Madaraki

Madaraki Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.0
    There are people in this world who still do "high fives"? Vee thought, blinking for a second before he recovered. The girls were obviously fans, but the high-five thing had thrown him more than he'd thought it would, and if there was one thing Vincent Skyler DeFonte would not be, it was thrown for a loop.

"Do ya one better." He said, eyes glowing a deep red as he flashed a grin that stretched far wider than it should have. "Head backstage after. Left side off the stage, third door on your right takes you down a hallway and I'm the fourth door on the left after that. Catch'ya later."

With that, he flickered once and vanished back into the darkness beneath the stage before reappearing out of the smoke back in the center, guitar held over his head as the band crashed to the final notes of the current song. For his part, Vee normally didn't bother remembering the names of girls he invited back for any partying, but something about these two had-"

"Captured your interest a bit, as expected." Oswald's voice whispered in his head. Had Vee not been used to that sort of behavior, he would have stumbled at the start of the next song and embarrassed himself. "This should be an experience, Vincent. Those two aren't human."

Okay, so that bit almost threw him off.

"-And sorry for the interruption, Gloria." The Alakazam was saying in the parlor room. "I was just passing along a quick message. At any rate, I suppose the perks of this only increase as time goes on. I've done enough studying of human physiology since my..."reawakening" I guess you could say. When I first started out, because my mind was that much more similar to humans, I was picking up their thoughts without control and the best I could do was reduce the cacaphony of voices to a loud buzzing noise."

In the process of leaving his message and their own conversation, he'd picked up on just who Gloria had been with and decided that if nothing else, it would be interesting to meet her face to face, and in the process she would be able to keep an eye on her friend. Additionally, his own presence would likely keep Vee in line and out of too much trouble.

Another bit of curiosity for him was being able to meet as many of the people outside as possible. He'd never been naive enough to believe that he and the Gengar were the only hybrid-types out there, but he hadn't expected to run into one, much less over half a dozen, on his first trip to Unova, and in a concert hall of all places.

Outside

The plan was simple enough. The Director's quarry had to be brought down and taken in. The Reaver could handle the first part of that, and when she was done, a dropship would be in to pick the pieces up and drag them back to the Sevii Islands.

Of course there were complications involved; even despite the presence of an agent on the inside, there were still far too many for that agent and the Reaver to take on, even together. Adding to that the fact that the agent was notoriously erratic, the setup had gone from risky, but reasonably safe to having a ninety percent chance of going utterly FUBAR. The Director hadn't been happy with that particular turn of events, and he'd been forced to improvise as he went.

The new setup involved forcing their targets away from the other hybrids; whether it meant drawing them out or waiting for the gatherings to disperse. Either way, if they could trim the match down to the agent and the Reaver fighting even three of the group, success was assured.

How The Reaver knew all that, it couldn't even say. It knew only what it had to do and that set of directions wasn't even translating into coherent thoughts at the moment. It felt it knew things and could speak and act on its own, but something was keeping it down. Something was keeping it from doing anything more than moving ahead. It had been in the air earlier, but now it was moving across solid textures, scrambling on all fours and sending up sparks as it scraped up the surfaces beneath it. It felt itself leave the ground briefly, pushing upward and coming down hard, tucking into a roll before springing ahead once more. Another rush and it was perched on the edge of a building, head craned upward and inhaling sharply. Something twitched. It was sniffing now, and listening intently.

Balancing on the edge a moment longer, it turned its head downward and plummeted. The air rushed by over its body as it neared the ground. At the last second, something in its head and something below it screamed.

For a moment, she was shaken. Breathing hard and groaning, she pushed herself back, butt not quite hitting the ground as something rolled beneath her and tripped her onto her side. Scrambling in the darkness, she dragged herself to her hands and knees, realizing for the first time that she was barefoot.

"W...w.." she gasped, clutching her chest as she felt her lungs seize. She was winded. She turned to look down.

Wherever she was, it was completely dark.

It was also far too noisy.

Squirming down into a crouch, she put her hands to her ears and felt something wet on the side of her head. She pulled her hands away, straining to see what was on them. It was still too dark, but as she held them in front of her face, she could smell the blood. She pushed one arm up to wipe at her eyes and felt something hard where-

"No..." She whispered as the memory of blindness came crashing back to mind. She remembered the experiments, the life before, that encounter that had changed her life. She remembered the-

A haze settled over her without warning and she didn't even have time to cry out.

The Reaver was silent again, turning its head briefly to the body it had crushed before it had been interrupted. Clambering back onto its legs, it leaped at the nearest escape ladder, knowing that the body would soon be found.

The body would be found.

The word would spread.

The trap would be set.

The Sevii Islands

"What was that?" The Director asked, staring at the writhing form in the restraints. It had begun twitching a few minutes ago and had reached a point of thrashing nearly hard enough to break free before one of the techs had done his job and re-established normal patterns and control over the subject.

"Mental shock." The tech said. "One of our "bread crumbs" managed to shake control on the Reaver for a few seconds and the feedback shook up our Controller as well."

"Make sure it doesn't happen again." The Director whispered, staring still at the restrained form of the Controller.

20. Vanillite

Vanillite Cat Lady

PokéPoints:
    ₽139.4
    Harmony's face turned as red as one of the triangles on her dress. Vee had asked she and Relina to go backstage after the show! Her! Harmony! Backstage with Gangarene, her favorite band! She watched her rock idol give a large, charming grin before disappearing from some sort of show effect. She turned to Relina, her mouth open in an O. "Did he just..? We were invited to meet the band?!" she jumped about, squealing like a little girl.

"Not only will we get to high five Vee, BUT THE WHOLE BAND!!" Harmony was over the top excited. She was going to take so many pictures and upload them on her Gangarene blog. She'd get so many followers and so many people would be envious! She and Relina would be the talk of the town!

Once Vee reappeared on the stage, the music started booming up again, one of Ciel's favorites playing. "You're welcome!" He called to Relina, who thanked him for his compliment. "You gals are lucky. You get to meet the band!"

Looking at the teal-eyed Raine, he asked the group. "Was she invited too?" He gave her a friendly smile and a wink. "If not, I'll see that you get home safely!" With that he kissed her hand, before turning back to the stage, swaying his deep purple head to the beat of the music. Occasionally he grabbed hold of his goggles, afraid they'd fall off of his flawless face.

Though lost in the music, Ciel's mind was elsewhere. He was busy remembering the directions to the back room that Vee had given to the lovely ladies next to him.
    Left side off the stage, third door on your right takes you down a hallway and I'm the fourth door on the left after that. Ciel remembered, a devious smirk on his charming features. There's gotta be so many valuable items back there. I could make a lot off of selling some clothes worn by the band members.. or even things they drank or ate out of!

Ciel decided he'd maybe slip through a wall later, and creep into the backstage area. But then again, he offered to make sure Raine got home safely. Help a pretty lady get home...steal valuables...help a lady...valuables... Ciel groaned, unsure of what to do!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.