1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Tales of!

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by ThaIssing, Aug 13, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThaIssing

ThaIssing Blah Blah Blah Tidal Wave!

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
    Are you a tales of fan? welcome to the club then! we are a few here who have enjoyed the game and love them to death so what's better than talk about it with other fans!
    you can discuss which are your favorite ones, best character, best soundtrack or just anything that fits into this topic!

I for once love and adore Tales of Symphonia, it was truly introduced my to the JRPG genre and to J-pop. I got lots of nostalgia about this game and it had amazing characters too!
    yet I have played all the games released out of Japan as of now, with the exception of destiny which i'm in the progress of, so guess that makes me a huge fan? :D

2. Scrafty1

Scrafty1 Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Right now, I'm trying to beat Abyss. I'm 24 hours in and I just love how smooth it plays: the free run, the FoFs and how we have hybrids. Battle wise, I'm loving Anise; she's so bulky and I love using Miracle Hammer. Problem is, she easily gets interrupted (a flaw to balance her). Character wise, I love Jade's attitude; he's so unpredictable and hilarious. Honestly, I love the main cast so far.

I've also played parts of Symphonia and it's a fun game. Though the camera in Chronicles can be buggy playing with more players. Presea is definitely my favourite character; she's a small girl who wields a giant axe and pokes paw pads, what's not to love?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ThaIssing

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
    Abyss was great, think I have a 3rd playthrough goin on. all mages have the trouble of getting interrupted by something, it sure is painful )':
    Jade is really one of the best character attitude wise and he got the super awesome idignation! Luke really turns into an adorable baby after the hair cut. all my love for this cast even the bad guys. my favorite there might be Synch, precious little thing.
    Speeking of the Abyss, I have through connections almost managed to make an entire cosplay group of the main cast. Guess I will be Natalia as she is about the only one left if things works out :D

Yeah Symphonia's camera is kinda buggy, yeah can't see a thing when you are in battle and is player one, guess the multi player function could had been a late add on, but the mightyness of the game in HD with no blurred parts that is not center. It's a wonder why I haven't played more of the Chronicles one when I so love the game. Presea is awesome and she hits heavy, if she doesn't scream badass I don't know what do.

4. Scrafty1

Scrafty1 Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    So, I just beat Abyss; it was really fun and the ending melted my heart. Now, I'm playing it again on NG+ (and decided to inherit AD Skills and Titles; I wish I would have inherited my 1.5 mil gald and Artes but no grade ;_; ) As for Mages, Glory is amaaaaaazing~
    Ooh, cosplaying sounds fun, I think you would be a perfect Natalia! ^^

Now, I want to get a PS3 just to play more Tales games. I will try ToD though~ ^^

5. ThaIssing

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
    Tales of the Abyss ending was great and touching! I usually go with titles and artes when I go NG+ o:
    before I will start on Natalia I will have to finish my colette! I made the dress with my mom so that is good.

the PS3 got a lot of nice rpg games and most of all the tales games + a new one is on the way for it! ;u; but ToD is a nice go too!

6. theredsamurai01

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    I really need to play more of these games, the only two I've played and beaten are vesperia and abyss, I've also played Symphonia but coming off of the last two it's not as good by comparison

7. ThaIssing

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
    Did you enjoy abyss and vesperia? :D I really like the visuals for Vesperia myself :D
    I thought that I might try buy Vesperia for ps3 now when they re-release it in Japan and with a fan translation coming up then it is perfect.

8. Scrafty1

Scrafty1 Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Speaking of Vesperia, I still need to beat it but I think I'll wait for the PS3 fan translation as well cause I want to run around as Repede (aka who wouldn't want to play as a pipe smoking one eyed dog). And Vesperia's visuals are really well done~

9. ThaIssing

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
    that part really speaks to me. (most bad ass dog ever)

10. ThaIssing

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
    now when I have talked so much about tales of cosplay I thought you guys deserves to see my wip
    [​IMG]

11. Scrafty1

Scrafty1 Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    I agree, Repede is bad ass!
    So, what are some of your favourite artes to use? I love Pow Hammer, Miracle Hammer, Mass Devastation, Hell Hound (it's even better during overlimit) and Tidal Wave.
    @ThaI- The looks lovely, would love to see it finished~
    Speaking of cosplay, I'm thinking of making a Repede fursuit!

12. ThaIssing

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
    oh there is so many cool arts. I have to say that I like demon fang, just yell Majin Ken all the time lawl, but indignation is pretty cool too. though the arts tends to change a bit depending on which of the games you play

@[member="Scrafty"] thank you, my mom helped me a lot, she did the sleves and the blue parts. ah but I cut the fabric and sewed to two parts together! next off is the poncho!
    Repede fursuit sounds f'ing awesome. why can't you be over here in Denmark and take part of our small vesperia group that consist of two ;u;

13. Scrafty1

Scrafty1 Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Or you guys can come over to Canada~ <3
    And yush, Indignation is an awesome arte (need to give that to Jade).
    But I did make Repede's pipe:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Lucy

Lucy ☆ 𝖉𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖔𝖓 𝖘𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖊ð

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    I love Symphonia, Abyss, Hearts, and Vesperia (which I want to play oh so badly; I've only seen clips and got to somewhat know Yuri, Estelle, and Flynn through Project X Zone and love them + love what I've seen ;; ), and I also have enjoyed Legendia, Phantasia, and Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology. Symphonia was my first Tales game and also my favorite of all of them; really love the characters, plot, gameplay (even though I suck at getting a high grade), and music. Abyss I like character-wise, and Hearts I love battle-wise. (I own Hearts imported for the DS but have a fan-translated script to read off of; unfortunately, having to glance back and forth is time consuming and thus I can't enjoy it as much as I could. If I get a Vita the ToH port for that is one of the first games on my list of Vita games to get.)

Favorite characters would be Lloyd (I have a thing for dual blade wielders), Zelos, Mithos, Sheena, Guy, Natalia, Shing/whatever is terribad localized name is, and Yuri <3

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  15. ThaIssing

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
    Canada, why you so far away?1

that pipe is fucking amazing

in that case you would love spada, he got two blades too!
    man I'm happy another person joined in on this. I really want to play heartsR so I guess I have to get a psp vita. I did the same thing you did with tempest, constantly checking a fan translation for everything they said. at least innocence had a patch ;u;

16. Scrafty1

Scrafty1 Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    I hope you get a chance to play Vesperia someday, Yukino! I would love to play Hearts and Legendia (that music is amazing) but yeah, it's hard to play all the Tales games unless you know Japanese and/or pick up a patch. If only all the games had a patch~

Guy is an awesome character and I love his playstyle, I wish I were better.

And if one blade equals 100 power then two blades equals 200 power!

And thanks ThaI!

17. Lucy

Lucy ☆ 𝖉𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖔𝖓 𝖘𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖊ð

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    ngl, Vesperia is the only reason I would buy an XBox 360 XD (All the other games I want that are on it are available on PS3; Vesperia is too but I don't believe there are any plans for the PS3 adaptation to be localized?) Also been wanting to try Innocence especially since it's been patched, but I find I have difficulty playing JRPGs on an emulator and would prefer to play on a handheld or home console, hence why I haven't gotten to playing it.

18. ThaIssing

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
    Guy is the man and he is the best. I always plays as him in Abyss

when it comes to Vesperia it might pays off to buy the Japanese ps3 version as a big fan translation patch is on the way, and it got super nice characters. I too hope you can get your hands on it Yukino!

also with an ace kart you should be able to play bigger rpgs such as innocence with ease! though ace karts does not work with the 3ds updated frimware

19. Scrafty1

Scrafty1 Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    If you get a PS3, you'll get the recent Tales games (I need a PS3)!
    And I feel bad for Guy's phobia, especially with his tragic backstory. </3 But I will try to do a playthrough using Guy after the Anise solo (which might take a while :P) I take it you use him a lot cause he's fast and fun to use? :D

20. Lucy

Lucy ☆ 𝖉𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖔𝖓 𝖘𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖊ð

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    I also play as Guy in Abyss not only because he's my fave but because he's faster than Luke XD If he weren't or if Luke were as fast (or Guy as slow), I'd probably stick to Luke, haha.

I do want the new Tales of games for PS3, too~ Graces f (which I wish came out on Wii in localized countries; granted, I suck at Wii games that require me to use the nunchaku) and Xillia seem really cool. Zestria, too, from what I've heard. And I know about the ace kart/similar things; I might get one once I have enough cash on me again and don't spend it all on other video game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.