1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Talking to your Characters

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by SyWry, Jan 17, 2020.

1. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    So I started writing a particular scene in one of my stories. I made my characters engage their minds in a psychic link so they could fight the battle ahead of them more effectively. However, upon doing so, I found my characters talking and arguing through the psychic link. I as a writer proceeded to yell at my wall of text, "Stop talking! This is supposed to help you battle not give you talking time!" as if they were actually in the room with me.

What about you? Do you ever find yourselves talking with your fictional characters? Do you yell at them when they do something you don't want them to do, (even though your writing them)? Any funny stories?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Jupjami likes this.
  2. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I sometimes imagine meeting my characters, talking with them, and freaking them out with all of the personal details about their lives that I know that they've never mentioned to anyone before. I don't really get mad when they act in a way I didn't plan for them to, since they kind of just develop and take on a life of their own after a while, which I think is pretty cool.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Jupjami likes this.
  3. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    Well, there was one time during a crossover in my Kirby Sprite Comic where one of the guest characters caused one of my characters to be revealed early. I also ended up telling my interpretation of Kirby a couple of chapters earlier to "Stop looking at me like that. You look like a hypocrite," while he was standing behind me. I kinda of left a TAC in a smoking crater beforehand for stealing a Klondike Bar from me.

Actually, the most recent time, another guest character accidentally summoned me. I ended up explaining that I had the ability to grant wishes (in comic of course) and warning the characters present that there are consequences to them. One character immediately wished for a chance to try out his new "toy" and... Well, let's just say they're still dealing with the aftermath.

And then I try to write myself as a supporting character these days most of the time when writing fanfiction.

Jupjami likes this.
  4. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Oh Yes! I Did This On 'The Memories', My Cassini-Huygens Mission Fanfiction Series When Huygens Probe Trying To Get Readers To Beg Me For Guide For The Series That Cassini Spacecraft And I Break The Fourth Wall.

5. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Hmmm... I don't really put myself in the stories, but I do make quite long conversations between characters (and make it as natural as possible), and usually make one character represent my thoughts and say what I would've said~ (plus usually what I do say are snarky comments to one character which would make them very flustered :D :D :D )

Then again, I do have conversations with my real life Treecko figure quite often...

6. LassusVulpes

LassusVulpes Eclipse Holder

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.1
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Why go in them when you can build them ? I always have a story in mind whether it being a role play i'm doin or just a random story like Post apocalyptic candy land. I got a fucked up head. And Yes I was dropped as a child. By my own mother. It's how i've been able to think of weird things like how devilish creatures made of pure shadows can make a form and be able to break trees. ( Only Jupjami and Bara may get that fuck it)

Playing god is fun ngl

7. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,057.9
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    I make up most of my stories usually when I sleep and actual feel the emotion and pain of them. If I can, I am able to write them down, but at times it seems impossible to do so. I am not fluent in English so writing the story is at times very hard. I do want to continue the story someday