1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Tamagotchi making a comeback!

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by JirachiWish, Nov 14, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JirachiWish

JirachiWish You only get two wishes

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    [​IMG]

It's happening!

http://tamagotchi.wi...agotchi_Friends
    http://content.yudu....resources/6.htm
    http://www.toyshopuk...ews/tamagotchi/

The Tamagotchi virtual pets are going to RETURN with brand new features and characters, along with a new web site. o.o
    I am so excited for this upcoming release! Tamagotchi is still HUGE in Japan with the anime and all, but the last English Tamagotchi release was back in 2009 and sold poorly. :(But it didn't have very good advertising and it looks like they're REALLY promoting this one! So this new Tamagotchi has the potential to bring my favorite toy ever back in fashion! The original TamaTown site closed down a while back which was very disappointed, but I'm hyped to see what the new site will be like! *w*

I'm especially excited about the characters it has - Yumemitchi, Kiraritchi, and Himespetchi, characters previously Japan-exclusive! Yumemitchi and Kiraritchi are the main characters of the second series of Tamagotchi anime in Japan, Yume Kira Dream. Maybe they're going to dub Yume Kira Dream into English! That would be A M A Z I N G ! Only the first season of the original anime series was on TV in Australia so it would be great to see more English Tamagotchi anime.

I doubt Tamagotchi Friends is going to be exclusive to UK; it's probably just releasing there first. Also, don't worry about the Wikia article saying the Tamagotchi's price is equal to $40; 25 pounds IS 40 dollars but the last time a Tamagotchi was 25 pounds in UK, its RRP was 25 dollars in America and Australia, lol.

One of the best things about this new Tamagotchi is that you can connect to other Tamagotchis using brand new technology never found in a virtual pet before! Previously using infra-red connection, Tamagotchi Friends allows people to "bump" their Tamagotchis together to interact! Exchange presents, compete in games, and send messages... sounds fun right?

Spread the word and support Tamagotchi to help this new release create even more potential for these amazing virtual pets in the future!

...woah I wrote a lot o.o I'm just so crazy about Tamagotchi and I want everyone to know about this miraculous news! =D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Oh wow I remember these things from back in the day. Around 4th and 5th grade they were the fad along with the newly released Pokémon cards at my elementary school. I remember they had the egg shape with a "cracked" outline around the screen that was a different color, and people used to trade for the color combinations they wanted.

3. Slugkid

Slugkid Slacker Extraordinaire

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    When I was a kid someone paid me once to babysit their tamagotchi for three days.
    They gave me 25 Argentinian cents. That's not much.

(I'd have done it for free)

4. Ashe

Ashe Silly

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.3
    I really wonder if these will even appeal to kids these days. I mean look at what kind of technology (game wise) is out compared to this xD Maybe that's why it sold poorly to be honest :s

Of course, when they first came out in the 90's, it was popular because it was unique and graphic wise, it was fine. But now this is kind of a down-scale item (graphics, concept, etc) to kids these days. Just think of all the ipad, websites, etc that all have virtual pet stuff. Not trying to put the product down but its just my opinion :o

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Cobalt

Cobalt I'M A HURRICANE

PokéPoints:
    ₽64.6
    I would have to agree with Ashe. I did have one of these when I was younger, and they were plenty fun, but nowadays we have five year olds playing M rated games. I'm not sure if it'll appeal as much. Maybe to girls, not so much boys, because there has to be a gender wall.

Maybe if they made it something like an app for the iPad or iPhone, but as a straight-up toy, I'm not too sure.

6. JirachiWish

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    A Tamagotchi app was released this year actually, but most of the fanbase hated it and agreed that physical Tamagotchis are better. B) I'm on a few Tamagotchi forums so I know most Tamagotchi fans' general opinions lol.

The packaging looks cool, at least; there are new images on Tamagotchi Wikia. :D

7. Pokelova

Pokelova Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.0
    This is awesome! I owned the first four generations of Tamagotchi back in primary school, they actually helped me make friends. I sadly have no idea where they are now. I hope these new ones see a New Zealand release, as I'm definitely interested in buying one!

8. Fooze

Fooze Rival

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    I remember hearing about these, never owned one but I apparently they had quite a fanbase. I'm for them, since it's better to have kids ogling over a virtual pet/human thing than them looking or playing with something that is intended for older age groups.

9. hunduel

hunduel Pokérator

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I wish kids would play games like this today instead of series like Call of Duty and GTA...

JirachiWish likes this.
  10. JirachiWish

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    New web site is up! Check it out, It looks great. :D

11. HoundDoomed

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Reading that really made me feel my old age. Yikes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.