1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Teachers

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LassusVulpes, Jan 21, 2021.

1. LassusVulpes

LassusVulpes Eclipse Holder

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,827.6
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Everyone has one of those teachers that you hate , because they're either rude or they don't know what they're doing. So i'm just making this thread to see what people say

What grade was your favorite teacher?
    Why'd you like them?

What grade was your LEAST favorite teacher?
    Why'd you dislike them?

For me

Favorite
    6th Art
    He was just this chill dude, had a few missing fingers (chainsaw art) . But he knew what he was doing, didn't care if you gave him a bad drawing, because each drawing had a meaning

10th Math
    My teachers this year for math, have this mentality of, shut up and pay attention. These two will tell you to pay attention and keep the chat math related, when a kid asked when the quiz was. One day (friday) I had to walk away for a second to stop my dog digging a hole, and I came back and they were on a different screen. I placed in the chat "Hey, sorry my dog was digging a hole. What did I miss?" And they got pissed saying "We're not talking about dogs right now, pay attention!"

bruh.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    I've been let off easy for most of my supposedly worse teachers because I tend to be quiet, polite, and do everything I'm supposed to. Even a majority of the meaner teachers haven't really done much to me because of any of this, and I've been a favorite student of many teachers, so this was harder for both reasons. I've had a lot of teachers who I've enjoyed, even one particularly spiteful one who seemed to like me as a student, and I had very few I didn't.

My favorites are probably my 11th grade English teacher, my 9-12th grade Band teacher, and my 11-12th grade Science teacher. My English teacher was also my "advisor" throughout all of high school meaning I had her for a free period around lunchtime every day of my high school except for Fridays. She was super laid-back, kind, and was just a fun person to be around in general. My Band teacher was similar, and he'd always be willing to pull you aside personally if you were struggling with something specifically even if it's tough with so many different instruments in the class. My Science teacher had an especially good sense of humor and genuinity to him that I really haven't seen with other teachers.

As for my least favorite...my 9th grade Math teacher and the Science teacher from my first full year of college. The first wanted us to learn at home and practice in class, kind of a weird structure but not a killing blow to her class. It'd be fine if not for the fact that she occasionally used class time to talk about whatever the heck she wanted to. Like telling us stories about her cousin in Louisiana or whatever... The Science teacher was the worst though, like actually. If you made a mistake in her class, she personally would call you out for it and try to make you feel bad for yourself. This was the one exception to what I said in my first paragraph, and only one kid in that entire class was exempt from any of this teacher's scrutiny. I get the meaning behind it, scare tactics can be effective, but is this really the place for that? I've heard stories of her sending other students crying because of this and her not caring at all; a teacher should not be setting themselves up for something like that, and even so, should at least show a tiny bit of respect.

3. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Hah, reading the title reminded me of a certain teacher. Iconic man, many of his students would say.

He taught me Accounts for 11th and 12th grade. He was actually a businessman and only taught part time. No doubt he was very knowledgeable but his teaching methods were... A bit too professional? Idk how to say it but his methods always came through as a bit too much for students learning accounts for the first time.

His iconic word was "you fools!" Like the guy used that word almost every single day and if I guess at one point we got so used to hearing that that it didn't come off as even an insult to us.

Whew, some guy he is.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    ShinigamiMiroku likes this.
  4. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,269.2
    As a future teacher, it is often frustrating to hear about the experiences that some of you and others have had. I strongly believe teachers hold the responsibility and obligation to treat their students with decency, respect, and positivity.

I recently dropped a required class because I could not stand the teacher. Hopefully I can take this class from another teacher before I graduate. This "professor" was incredibly rude, mean to the students, and did not even have a course syllabus (in college, I find this to be a major warning sign). Her expectations were unclear and her behavior was out of hand. I simply cannot tolerate a teacher like that.

My favorite teacher was probably my 4th grade teacher. She was a very kind old lady who loved reading and language arts. Often times, we would just forego a lesson and she would read out loud to the class. I ran into her recently and we had a nice conversation. A good teacher truly can have a positive impact in the long-term.

My other favorite teacher would have to be my high school band teacher. I had him for six different classes during that span and he taught me a lot. He had a brilliant sense of humor, a unique yet effective teaching style, and a lot to say about music and even the world.

ShinigamiMiroku likes this.
  5. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    This looks fun (and totally not an endeavour to get somehow active once more, which in all likelihood shall probably fail)~

Favourites (because I there are too many and I can't choose):

Filipino, 5th

First of all, she's strict. Like, scary strict. One time she started banging the tables because we weren't paying attention… In spite of that, I'd say she's one of the greatest teachers we had! She was good at teaching, and always found activities that were interactive and very exciting for us~ Even though she's crazy uptight, 'twas a good thing; I mean, the only time our classroom looks more like a classroom and less than a dumpster is when her class is next! Shame she only stayed around for one year; we loved her ruthless sense of humour (especially excaberated by the prescence of three gays in our class; in the Philippines gay people are somehow natural comedians)

English 3rd
    She's so kind! Our 3rd grade English teacher is like one of those caring aunts; always checking up on us, asking how we're doing, even chatting and playing video games with us from time to time… We haven't seen her much that often, but on the occasional chance we do (especially since she has since been moved to the high school department) it's an easy conversation~ She also acts like a doting mother on one of our classmates, who in classic rebellious teenage fashion gets squeamish and complains… love the drama there gihihi

Social Studies/Maths 4th, Maths 5th/6th, Maths 7th, Maths 8th, Maths Enrichment Class 8th, Maths Advanced Class 8th
    Gods, we got lucky there… Our maths teachers are, for a lack of a better word, the most hip out of all the subjects~ They play video games with us, are hilarious, have that easy atmosphere around them and shares good stories with us! I thank them all for making not only their subject (which considering it be generally the hardest subject according to most, is quite the feat) but also school life in general~

Least: oops, been talkin' about all our good teachers, I forgot to include the bad ones… Actually, I can't really think of a bad one; our Catholic school has quite a high standard, after all~ Though if I really need choose one, it'd be Religion 4th/5th/6th, because 1) I hate religion class, and there's always these modules after modules of things to study, and 'twas especially chaotic when he took over, 2) he doesn't really look at the class while preparing his stuff - which takes quite a long time tbh - and 3) the times he does look at the class he becomes a strict disciplinarian and loves to give us all violation slips (our form of detention)… one time he gave 'em to an entire class, I heard *shiver*

6. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    In all honesty, every single professor I've had at the university I attend has been outstanding, and I haven't a single bad thing to say; even in classes that I struggled in it was because of my own limitations, rather than a deficiency with the teacher.

As far as least-favorite teachers go, that award goes to my 9th-grade biology teacher. She nearly suspended me just because I had questions regarding inconsistencies with the... history... that forms the basis of modern biology textbooks. Thankfully my honors Chem teacher was far more open to discussion... not that any of them were ever able to come up with satisfactory answers. At least he respected that I had questions.

7. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    My two favorite teachers were for 10th grade art and 8th grade English. Both teachers really encouraged creativity and individuality. They would both give the students basic project guidelines (write a story inspired by a song, use a specific art medium), and then we were just given free reign to do what we wanted. I was able to draw fanart and have it be graded just as fairly as still-life, and it was in that English class that I really got into writing and decided that I wanted to write a book.

My least favorite teacher was actually a substitute for my 9th grade English class. We had him for a few months, because our actual teacher had a baby, and I absolutely hated it. This substitute acted like the students did, which was kinda terrible. I was an emotional mess during 9th grade, and sometimes let my emotions get the better of me. I raised my voice just a bit at a kid who was sitting in my chair and refused to move before class and told him to 'buzz off'. The substitute made fun of me for it even more than the other kids did. A few days later when we had that class again the teacher somehow thought it would be a good idea to bring it up like it's some hilariously juicy gossip.

My behavior could have definitely been better, but I still don't think that a substitute should behave like that. It is immature and alienating for one's students.

8. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,229.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    My favorite teacher was my 10th grade child care teacher. She did a great job making engaging projects that were still relevant to the class. I also admired the fact that she was strict, but gentle. Some teachers struggle with that balance.

As for worst I have to say my 11th grade history teacher. He was nice enough, but he was way too lenient with students. You could take photos of other students in class and call them names to their face and he would do nothing. The school was already terrible at handling problematic students, but he did nothing to help.

9. Skdebop

Arcoos
    (Arceus)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽71.5
    Ok i didnt hate her she was uhhhhh wierd she faked smile so much i cant even count it which also backfired on her because at times she looks creepy