1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Teachy TV

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Achromatic, Jan 25, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Did anyone ever use this? It's kind of pointless for a player with lots of knowledge already, but hey, I thought it was pretty fun. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. OmegaBlazeBoy441

OmegaBlazeBoy441 Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    i personally never used to teachy tv but found it very useful for my brother since he was a novice Pokémon trainer and didnt know how to do sometings in Pokémon so it was very useful for novices but pretty pointless for trainers with previous experience.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    I used it but I found it pointless seeing how I had already played sapphire for like 300 hours at that point. I knew how to play Pokémon.

4. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,926.7
    It's helpful for the newbies, but as an experienced trainer, it just rotted in my bag

5. Banshee

Banshee Pokémon Professor

Gregg the Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽62.1
    It took me a moment before I could figure out what a Teachy TV was. Because I never really bothered with it. I do think it's a good idea for novice trainers though.

6. taranee9

taranee9 Swimmer

PokéPoints:
    ₽24.8
    I liked using it just for the fun xD It's useful for beginners who don't know about, let's say, x4 weaknesses/resistances, which aren't that obvious at first.

7. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    I used this.Since Firered was my 2nd game ever I wanted to know what I was doing.

8. Minigore

Minigore School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.0
    Never used it... and never will

9. Fleck

Fleck Sailor

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    I never really used it, at that point I had played through Saph, Emerald, Blue, and Yellow multiple times, so I had a pretty good idea of what was going on in the game by that point, even if Blue and Yellow weren't updated. Plus, I like figuring out the game for myself, so I only really used it just to see what it does and if some of my ideas were correct.

10. Slugkid

Slugkid Slacker Extraordinaire

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    I actually did use it, not because I needed it, but because I thought it was kinda funny back then.

11. Juju

Juju Psychic

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    It was pretty useless to me. I never touched it.

12. DarkLightKnight

DarkLightKnight Dragon Tamer

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.4
    When I first played LeafGreen, I used it because LeafGreen was my first Pokémon game. But I only used it once, because even at such a young age and with little time spent playing the game, I still knew how to play. Altho, that was that one time I tried to catch my rival's Pokémon for about an hour... xD ouo;;

13. Cobalt

Cobalt I'M A HURRICANE

PokéPoints:
    ₽64.6
    Nah. I never used it. It taught me basic things that I already knew. *shrugs*

14. EmeraldGlee

EmeraldGlee DESPAIR FOR ME!

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    Ah, I used it for a little while, when I was starting out, since FR was my first game. But it was pretty easy to pick the game mechanics up. It was pretty helpful during those first few hours. It had a funny name, though. Teachy TV...I wonder what it was called in the original Japanese version...

15. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Unnecessary and shows how little people think of children these days. None of that shit was in the original Red and Blue, and yet kids made it out just fine, and there really wasn't that much aded to the remakes that wasn't in the originals, feature wise. Don't need our hands held like that.

16. Fooze

Fooze Rival

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Never used it in LeafGreen. I think it's better to learn about these things through trail and error whilst playing the game than to have everything taught to you by a little item. I think it's good for novice to find out exactly why your attacks weren't working against this Pokémon and that Pokémon as you progress through the game. That being said, it had good intentions so there's no harm done if they were just trying to help new players out.

17. 「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」

「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」 Dᴇᴀᴛʜ's Dɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ

HeartGold
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    Heart Scale ★★
    I guess it was useful for new Pokémon fans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.