1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Team Aqua or Team Magma?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by LostSpirit, Sep 30, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Which team do you like better and why? Aqua or Magma?

I like Team Aqua better because I like their designs a little better as well as I felt they had cooler Pokémon (example: Sharpedo) compared to Team Magma.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Fantasma

Fantasma ♃☿♄

(Cubone (Alolan))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽185.1
    Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    does that even a question? everyone knows that Magma is the master race all hail Maxie o/
    i mean they're outfits are better they use fire types and one word define they badassery GROUDON !!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Lucy

Lucy ☆ 𝖉𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖔𝖓 𝖘𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖊ð

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Magma. Although I love pirates, I preferred Magma's outfits to Aqua's. Also preferred Maxie to Archie personality-wise, design-wise, and goal-wise. Expanding land >>>>> expanding sea.

4. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    Team Aqua, I just like water better than land, also in the corocoro leaks for OR/AS it's clear that team Aqua is way less organized than team Magma, which made me like them even more :D

5. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    Team Magma, because Marge/Courtney is a BAMF in the PokeSpe manga. Also because Guile Hideout.

6. Nyanja

Nyanja › The fairy king ›

BEN!
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.4
    Crown of Valor
    I was always a Team Magma fan I liked them a lot better then Team Aqua. The Pokémon special manga made me enjoy Team Magma even more!

7. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    Team Aqua because a few members are gamers. I'd fit into their ranks more because of that. While I don't especially like going swimming, I do like water type Pokémon.

8. Warrior of Hope

Warrior of Hope Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    Team Magma for sure. I like the new uniforms more than I do Team Aqua's. I like their ideas better, too. More land would help more than more ocean. Ruby was also my first game, so there is some nostalgia mixed in there, too. :sceptile:

9. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Team Aqua by far! I mean, just look at their new OR/AS designs, how can you not love those guys? Their artwork shows that they're a little chaotic as well, which I really like :D And pirates man, freaking pirates.

10. Northwind's Call

PokéPoints:
    ₽91.5
    Excuse me, but did you just make the point that Sharpedo is cooler than Camerupt? I believe you're severely misinformed on this count, especially with Mega Evolutions in the formula now. Sorry, but now that Mega Camerupt is a thing, Magma takes the cake.

LostSpirit likes this.
  11. Pyramid King

Pyramid King Just checking on things

Egg
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽66.6
    I like team magma because of their cool outfits and because Groudon is amazing.

12. Nocturne

Nocturne Collector

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    Its a mix-matched opinion for me, I feel that Team Aqua is super duper powerful by their redesigns and I like the more expressive nature they have compared to Team Magma. However, in the older games I always preferred Team Magma. But unfortunately, my mind has changed to the water dwelling team; I've always liked water anyways.

13. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I like Magma better in the originals, but Aqua's quirky, dumb style is kind of more appealing to me in the remakes. But yeah, for this version I'm going to go with Magma!

14. 8-Bit-Eevee

8-Bit-Eevee Crow of the Tempest

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    Team Magma, even though their plan is absolutely terrible.

Wouldn't the whole volcano thing just cover up the already existing land and kill the Pokémon living there?

Still, I like their outfits, Maxie's personality, and the team overall more than Team Aqua.

15. Rafael

Rafael Math Geek

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,073.8
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★
    I preferred team magma back in RSE because i thought their design looked cool. Cant say the same for ORAS tho, they look funny now. I do like their goal better than Aqua's tho

16. PokeMaster1

PokeMaster1 Dragon Tamer

PokéPoints:
    ₽141.3
    As much as I like Fire types, my favorite between the Teams is Team Aqua. They seemed like a more fun type of bunch than Team Magma, who was more serious). The Pokémon they use are actually pretty strong and can be somewhat troublesome without the proper Pokémon. The plan of making the world full of water, well aren't we already almost there as it is lol. Then we'd really have to learn to swim.

17. Lunar-Peacle

Lunar-Peacle Of Moonlight and a Thousand Eyes

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,317.2
    I absolutely love Team Aqua for their concept of being pirates. Magma is cool too, because of their cute uniforms. ^^

But I have to give it to Team Aqua. I love water Pokémon like I love my starters (well most) Archie looks like a badass in the remakes.

Maxie has his nerd factor amplified with the glasses and suit.

18. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    In R/S/E I prefer Magma because I like their designs a lot even though Sapphire was my preferred version. It's definitely something I'd enjoy wearing myself. :3 Though Aqua has cooler Pokémon without a doubt haha so the choice is tough. These villainous teams were among some of my favorites throughout the franchise overall!

19. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    Team Aqua. I grew up with Sapphire so of course I have more experience with them. I didn't get to experience Team Magma as the villains until Emerald which I got after D/P.

20. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    I always preferred Team Magma, purely because I liked their outfits better. These days, there's not much of a difference to me, especially since I can't remember too many details about them. Perhaps that will change when I play through ORAS c:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.