1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Team Courage - Braving the Cold

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Wolf Expert, Jul 9, 2020.

1. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @RWBY Gaster @Jeydis @ID Zeta @HiddenLore

"Come on girls, we still have a lot to do," Kalino called both Mio and Fei. They ran and flew, respectively, toward him in response. Mio went back to her Pokéball and Fei attached herself to Kalino's neck for the, uh... I ain't gonna count anymore. The boy then hopped back to the sleigh as the group was about to move on.
    "Thing is, they call themselves Team Plasma. Black Plasma, to be exact," Kalino mused. He kinda hoped Rosie would explain more details about earlier since she seemed to know more about it than him.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    King's Rock ★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    After Rosie gets off the Tauros and sees the Bull became light, she heard the conversation of the team. After Kalino finished, she added, "Yes, the Balck Plasma. To fill in the details, do anyone knows what happened in Unova two years ago? If not, two years ago. There is an evil team, called Team Plasma, which tries to control Unova by 'liberating' pokemons, and only they can use them, making Team Plasma all-powerful. But Team Plasma eas stopped by a child around my age and split into two, White and Black Plasma. The Black Plasma does what the original Team Plasma does but more extreme. Kalino and I encountered some Black Plasma Grunt and one of their Sages. I was able to ask something. It involves a Mythical Pokémon called Kyrume."

Rosie tried her best to explain the current situation. She even gives out a signal that indicates this task is not just freeing the Coal mine. It could possibly turn into a battle against the most villainous team, well the second most(After Team Rocket).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ID Zeta

ID Zeta Resident Physicist

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,597.0
    From all the information revealed so far, Claire began to realize that she was in over her head. Getting tangled up in some fanatical group's attempt at global conquest was definitely not what she was expecting when she accepted this job. Initially, she didn't want to get more involved with that situation - she was woefully under-prepared as a Trainer, and it technically wasn't her job to bother - but this "Black Plasma" couldn't get away with whatever scheme they were planning. If push came to shove, she'd at least have a few capable allies to help her out.

First things first, though. "Mathias has a point," Claire said. "We should focus on the job we were sent here to do. We can chase down those Black Plasma guys after that if we're able to."

4. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★

The much-appreciated heat from Mathias' Torkoal was warm enough for Kalino to take his jacket off, revealing an orange T-shirt with arrows pattern underneath. I mean, who doesn't want free warmth in such an extreme "winter" like this?
    "Our original mission is to liberate a coal mine, right?" Kalino cross-checked because his miner friend's actual request for him was a little bit different: to investigate whatever's happening at Twist Mountain. He then looked down, musing, "But how if those black Plasma baddies get in our way somehow?"

#184 Sep 10, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  5. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,355.7
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    "We get them out of the way and secure them for the authorities if we can. Let's not let into a bloodthirsty mindset even if these buggers are evil."
    Mathias said as he reached back into his pack and brought out a long length of rope.

"I have pretty good knot tying skills so if we do encounter any of those Plasma grunts in the mountain let's defeat and secure them for the authorities. If they run off let them run though, liberating this place will be done either way."

Mathias' borrowed Mudsdale stamped its hooves down a bit louder, it's nose pointing at a rocky outcrop on a plateau near them.

"Looks like Mudsdale knows the way in, lets head to that outcrop, must be an entrance there."
    Mathias reached for his belt and released his Skarmory next to the group, it opened its wings and soared effortless in the winter wind.
    "Razor, darling, could you go and scout that out for us? Keep out of trouble just let us know if you see any suspicious characters in there."

The Steel Pokémon gave Mathias an approving squat and headed up to the outcrop ahead of the group, disappearing behind the stones.

#185 Sep 10, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  6. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★

"O-okay..."
    Seems like Mathias' response got Kalino in quite a deep thought. In a way, he admired the older man's efficiency and sense of duty. His resolve of seeing the mission through the end was the biggest proof to it. On the other hand, he couldn't leave black Plasma to their own devices, lest the whole world would be frozen forever.
    "Either way, liberating the mine should be a good start for my investigation," the teenage boy mused to himself.

Jeydis likes this.
  7. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    "Yes, our goal is to liberate the MIne. So, it is best to ignore Black Plasma. Even if they interfere, we should focus on our mission." Rosie said.

Rosie is a kind girl. She hates seeing people suffer. So, in this situation, although the Black Plasma may be a bigger threat in the long term, she knows she has to free the mine first. Not only that is the main objective, the coal mined out can help more people now. So, she tends to solve the problem closest to the present.

She remembered news from the time she is studying n Unova. Some like the Unova Champion resigned(The player in BW) and he was found attacked by some mysterious people. When the former Champion(The one player fights in BW post-game) found him, he was injured and one of his Pokéball was stolen.

"Wait, the former Champion being attacked, Pokémon stolen. And from what N said, the dragon of truth is captured by a boy who became the Champion. So, the stolen Pokémon must be the dragon of truth and it must be Black Plasma attacked him..." Rosie thought continuously, thought a lot about the Black Plasma. She worried but didn't express on her face, because she knows this is not the time to worry about N. "What am I thinking. Focus Rosie. Focus. N is strong, he won't be easily beaten down."

(The following is written on the POV of the Narrator)
    The team quickly went back on the sleigh to continue the trip. The trip was very peaceful. No surprise attack, no raging Pokémon. It is just very peaceful. Everyone just doing things on the sleigh. There is not much talk in the sleigh. Just a peaceful ride to the Coal Mine.

(Hopes that doesn't count as Godmodding. I used the POV of the Narrator to write that part. If I didn't do this, the storyline will be very slow, and I what to speed up a bit. And if this is Godmodding, I can delete the Narrator part.)
    (Also, I am using the Narrator character as our actual Narrator is not well.)

8. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (I'd say that the narrator part is fine because we all did it before. Otherwise, how are we supposed to continue the story?)

As the group made their way to the outcrop Mathias' Mudsdale pointed out earlier, Kalino could see the white Plasma folks from before being busy with their works. He soon spotted one of them with a noticeable pink hair, the very same one who lent her Comfey to him.
    Sis... I swear I'll return Fei to you when we're all done, he quietly promised to both himself and Melia. Not that she would even hear him, though.

9. ID Zeta

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,597.0
    Thankfully, the rest of the trip up to the coal mine was uneventful, but that didn't stop Claire from keeping a weary eye on her surroundings.
    Eventually, the entrance to the mine came into view. Some debris covered it, but not enough to completely block it off. Claire almost expected to see a mining cart sitting on one of the two sets of metal tracks leading into the mine. She did see one, but it had been knocked free from the tracks and crushed under some monstrous force. Many of the small buildings nearby had suffered similar damage.
    "Well this definitely isn't spooky," Claire nervously joked.

10. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★

"Y-yeah..."
    Seems like not even Kalino could believe his eyes upon seeing the mine's entrance already becoming such a total mess. Did a monster just wreck this place or something? he thought.
    "Uncle," the teenage boy called Mathias. "Are you sure this is the place?"

11. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,355.7
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Mathias could see why the two of them where worried, this entrance was a bit of a mess...he didnt even want to think about what had crushed that solid steel cart at the moment.
    "Should be yeah, matches up with the pictures I saw in the debrief. Lets have a look inside and clear up the tracks, maybe there is another card we can use inside to get some debris out." he said with a grim look of determination on his face.

12. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★

Ah shucks, what to do... Kalino thought. He's a rancher, not a miner, so moving the debris all by himself was out of option. Looking at his Pokémon on hand, Iceslash and the two Ninetales were tuckered out from the battle earlier, and Fei couldn't move the debris either. Kalino contemplated about using either Tauros Charge or Machamp Shove but not sure which one he should use, hence the need to investigate. And that's something Melia's Comfey could do.

"Hey, Fei," Kalino turned to the living lei on his neck who heeded the call by detaching herself from him and tilting her head as if asking what's up.
    "I'm not sure if I should use Tauros or Machamp to get that outta way," he pointed at the debris covering the cave's entrance. "Can you check it out, please?" The living lei promptly nodded, then flew off to where her trainer's friend pointed out just now.

Upon closer inspection, Fei could see heaps of rubbles extending a little bit deeper to the mine. The cave would be way too unstable for Tauros Charge to run through, so...

"How's it, Fei?" a familiar voice asked. It came from Kalino who had gone closer to the debris with his Ride Pager on hand while Fei was investigating it. She went back to him soon after. "Tauros or Machamp?" the boy asked again. Fei looked at the pager screen, then pushed the Machamp Shove button, effectively summoning a Machamp ride wearing a pair of golden gloves on their lower hands.

"Hey, Machamp," Kalino said to the Superpower Pokémon before him. "Can you please get this heap outta way?" Machamp nodded, then proceeded to move the rubbles away.

Jeydis likes this.
  13. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    Rosie saw a Machamp appeared in front of Kalino out of nowhere. She was shocked, as she never saw anything like that.
    "Kalino, what was that?"Rosie asked curiously.

(She didn't notice the times when Kalino summon/return the poker rides and she never went to Alola)

14. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★

"Oh, this?" Kalino turned to Rosie, showing his Ride Pager to her. "It's a Ride Pager. We Alolans use it when we need to ride a Pokémon. This guy..." he explained, then pointed to the Machamp ride who's still working on the rubbles. "...and the Mudsdale with saddle there are two of the ride Pokémon available in the pager," he continued, pointing at the Mudsdale ride accordingly.

15. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,894.8
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Finally seeing a way he could help, David called out his Trapinch, "Chompy, can you crunch through some of these boulders? We need them to be small enough to carry out" The top heavy Pokémon happily lumbered towards the nearest stone, ready to break it down. David lost no time beginning the task of clearing the rubble. That didn't stop him from pocketing a few samples. You never know the lessons a stone can teach.

SAF likes this.
  16. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    Rosie saw the Machamp and David's Trapinch removing the debris on the track. So, she decided to help, as more Pokémon helps the faster they can go into the mine.

She sent out Toxicroak and tell him, "Toxicroak, you see that debris over there? Use Rock Smash to break the larger debris into smaller pieces." Then, she sent out Greninja, "Greninja, you see the entrance there? use Water Gun. I want the power of the move is just strong enough to wash away any dirt and smaller debris." Of course, she didn't forget about Blissey. However, as Blissey doesn't have moves suitable for the job, Rosie just didn't send her out. Also, her Blissey was very tired after helping Zekrom and Kalino's Pokémon to heal.

SAF likes this.
  17. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★

Thanks to the joint effort from Kalino's Machamp Shove, David's Trapinch, as well as Rosie's Toxicroak and Greninja, the debris was eventually removed from the pathway.

"Yay~!" Kalino cheered like a little boy who just got that one toy he really, really wanted. He thanked the Machamp before sending them back to their home ranch.

And now, what's really going on in there?

18. ID Zeta

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,597.0
    With the team working together, the rubble blocking the entrance of the mine was cleared out in no time. Seeing David pocket a few rock samples reminded Claire of part of the job she was here to do. She slipped a couple specimens into her backpack, making a mental note to collect more when they ventured deeper into the mine.

The mouth of the mine now loomed before the group. The twin metal tracks disappeared into the darkness within. Claire took a deep breath and said, "Ready to go in, guys?"

19. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "Yeah!" Kalino said as he hopped back to the sleigh with his friend's living lei on his neck. "But... will this sleigh fit the entrance?" he randomly asked.

20. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    "Of course, I am ready. But first..." Rosie said and pulled out some berries from her bag. She gave each Pokémon helped to remove the blockade.