1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Team Courage - Braving the Cold

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Wolf Expert, Jul 9, 2020.

1. ID Zeta

ID Zeta Resident Physicist

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,597.0
    Claire glanced back and forth between the mouth of the mine and the sleigh. In terms of width and height, there was enough clearance, but there was no way of knowing if the tunnels narrowed at all or what other obstacles they might encounter. The sleigh wasn't designed for rocky terrain, either.

"I mean, it should," Claire said, "but I think it'll be too cumbersome to bring along with us. We can still bring Mudsdale, though - it might be useful, and I wouldn't want to leave it alone out here in the cold."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,355.7
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    "I agree, lets leave the sleigh out here and bring the coal to it. The main thing is to clear the way for later shipments. I will leave Razor here to call to us if there's anything. Her big wings wont do much good in the corridors of a mine." Mathias whistled down his Skarmory who was lounging by on a high rock, he gave her a quick scratch under the chin and pointed her to a rock roost near the entrance. "Give us a Screech if there's anything ok dear?"
    The large bird Pokémon gave Mathias a nod and went to settle at her post.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @HiddenLore @Jeydis @ID Zeta @RWBY Gaster

"Okay~"
    Kalino then grabbed his backpack and released the reins on the Mudsdale, starting from his own Mudsdale Gallop. Easier said than done, yes, but he still managed somehow.

4. Jeydis

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,355.7
    Mathias peeked into the tunnel, it was dark but by some miracle the lighting system still seemed on around here, a few pale dots of light brightened up the walls at regular intervals.

"We have some light in here for now at least but make sure you have some sort of source of light on hand if we get split up or if the lights are off deeper down." the older man said as he searched through his pack.

He brought out some square packets wrapped in paper and handed one to each human in the group. "Here is a little care pack that I set up before we left. In there you have a map of the tunnels, a small flashlight and a couple ration packs. They don't taste great but they will stay good for ages and keep you going if you are in trouble. There's also a couple of red packets in there, those are pocket warmers. Just bend them along the center to activate them and they should generate some heat for a while and keep your digits warm."

"Do any last minute checks you may need on your Pokémon and let me know when you are ready to go, we are heading out as soon as you are ready." Mathias knelt down to his Torkoal and handed him a couple of plump Aspear berries which the fire type chomped through eagerly.

5. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★

As final preparations, Kalino put the ration packs and pocket warmers from Mathias in his bag, kept the flashlight and map in his jacket, and checked on his Pokémon once more. Glancing at the two Mudsdale and Mio's Pokéball, he thought, Okay, Mio and both Mudsdale are good to go. But the others... With that in mind, he sent Mako and Iceslash out, then treated them and Fei to a bottle of Moomoo Milk for each. And when they're done, Kalino sent Mio out for a little briefing before going in.

"Aight guys, we have a lot to do here: liberating the mine, investigating Twist Mountain, looking for Hugo, and bringing him back to Icirrus. Iceslash, tell me when you sense Hugo while we're in the cave. Mudsdale, help us in case we need to carry heavy stuffs. Mako, Mio, get ready for battles when we need to. And Fei, get ready to back everyone up just in case. Got it?"

The Mudsdale Gallop snorted as they nodded in understanding. The two Ninetales looked at each other, then nodded in unison. The Comfey immediately went back to Kalino's neck. And the blue Sandslash tapped her chest as her way to say "Got it!"

"Good," Kalino smiled, then returned Iceslash and his two Ninetales back to their Pokeballs. With the Mudsdale ride by his side and the living lei on his neck, Kalino went up to Mathias who was feeding his Torkoal with some berries.

"Uncle," Kalino called. "I'm ready."

Jeydis likes this.
  6. ID Zeta

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,597.0
    Claire slipped Mathias' bundle into her backpack. She was tempted to use one of the handwarmers now, but she figured that once she was in the tunnels and out of the biting cold wind, her hands wouldn't feel as frozen. She did, however, take the flashlight and put it in her jacket pocket - she'd probably need it at some point.

The redhead palmed Brutus' Pokéball, thinking back to the earlier encounter. He hadn't been too roughed up thanks to Rosie's Blissey Ally Swapping him out of trouble, so he probably didn't need any patching up. Regardless, she released him to tell him what the plan was. The stocky Shelgon appeared in a flash, ready for action, but instead found his Trainer kneeling down to talk to him.

"We're about to head into some tunnels," Claire explained. "I don't know what trouble we might find in there, but I just want you to be ready, OK?"

Brutus bobbed his body and narrowed his eyes in determination.

Claire chuckled. Always eager for adventure, he was. "Want to walk along with us? It shouldn't be as cold inside as it is out here." Another enthusiastic body bob. "Thought so." Claired stood and turned to Mathias, saying, "We're ready here, too."

7. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    On the second thought, Kalino didn't want to risk his Mudsdale ride getting separated from the group, so...

"Sorry, Mudsdale," the teenage boy faced his Mudsdale with such a sad look. "On the second thought, you need to go home for now. Can't let anything bad get to you in case things go wrong, y'see." That being said (and with a nod from the Mudsdale), he returned the ride Pokémon to their home ranch via his Ride Pager.

8. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,894.8
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    David returned the trapinch, but left his pachirisu to wind scarf like around his neck again. He wiped his brow which had begun to sweat despite the chill, shouldered his pack and stood ready with the group.

9. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★

While waiting for Rosie to get ready (as the older folks had already done so), Fei the Comfey decided to fly around, trying to get acquainted with Kalino's teammates. The sight made Kalino chuckle a little bit. That's Fei for ya, he thought.

10. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    King's Rock ★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    Rosie doesn't do much when it came to getting ready to go in the mine. She just let Greninja out as he has the best detecting skills in her team. Well, maybe she did much more as she gave Greninja a life orb to hold, but that's about it.

11. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @HiddenLore @Jeydis of the Moors @ID Zeta @RWBY Gaster

The thought of a frozen world actually spooked Kalino a little bit, especially considering that it would affect places like Wela Volcano where it's normally super hot. But still, the show must go on. Seeing everyone ready, the boy stepped into the mine, albeit shivering in both cold and fear.

12. Jeydis

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,355.7
    Seeing the rest of the group ready and packed up, Mathias tossed his pack back onto his back and entered the tunnel after Kalino, Vulcan the Torkoal stomped on behind him, radiating heat into the air around him. Strange echoes bounced up the irregular stone walls, sometimes sounding like just dripping water, sometimes almost like otherworldly voices, whispering.

Feeling almost like he was entering a church, Mathias found himself speaking in lower tones instead of full volume.

"From what I see on the map this tunnel should go down a ways and fork into 3 a bit further. We are taking the left fork to head into one of the bigger coal chambers."

13. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @HiddenLore @Jeydis of the Moors @ID Zeta @RWBY Gaster

Noticing everyone entering the cave, Fei the Comfey picked up the pace and caught up with Kalino. But then she noticed him shuddering like crazy. Sure, the heat around Vulcan did help with the cold, but fear? Now that's something else.

As the living lei made herself at home on Kalino's neck once more and showered him with her soothing aroma, he felt relaxed a little bit. "Thanks, bud," the boy thanked her.

The group walked and walked until they reached the junction Mathias talked about earlier. Kalino turned back, hoping everyone would stick together. "Left... right?"

14. ID Zeta

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,597.0
    As the group descended into the mine, Brutus trudged closely beside Vulcan. The warmth that the tortoise produced was comforting to him. He still kept a watchful eye on the tunnels ahead, as his eyes were able to pierce through some of the murky darkness.

Claire's eyes weren't that capable, so she switched on her flashlight. She noticed shards of ice clinging to the walls and ceiling of the mine shaft in a few places. Small patches of mist hung in the air as well. Between those two things and the eerie sounds echoing through the tunnel, this place already felt unsettling. Claire found herself worrying about what terrible thing the group would eventually find.

15. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    King's Rock ★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    With Claire's flashlight, Rosie sees the wall of the mine. With how the ice reflecting and refracting the light and the way it glows, it is a rather beautiful sight. "Why must most good and beautiful thing is made with the most damage dealt to the wild Pokémon, human, and the environment." Rosie thought.

Grenjnia started to be on guard as he heard some sound. He made a small noise to notifies his trainer. Rosie noticed the noise her Pokémon made and stayed on guard while telling the group."Guys? I think some wild Pokémon is coming to us."

Outside the cave, N and his follower are taking care of the Pokémon the Black Plasma Grunt left behind. After every Pokémon is taken care of, N should be happy. Yet, he is still worried? He showed no expression but deep in his mind, he has a bad feeling. One follower came to N and asked, "Lord N, is there anything wrong?" "No, just I have some bad feeling. That's all."

Then, N was being attacked. With a lot of smoke in the surrounding area, three figures quickly go near N and left. When the smoke is clear, N noticed the Pokéball that is holding Zerkom is missing.

16. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    The group trudged along until Rosie's warning caught Kalino's attention. The boy immediately scanned his memories about the note from Melia that came along with her living lei. The note itself contained a list of wild Pokémon that normally can be seen in the cave he's in: Onix, Steelix, Boldore, Cubchoo, Beartic, Drilbur, Excadrill, Cryogonal, Woobat, Gurdurr, Heatmor, and Durant. Which one could it be?

(Yes, I'm mixing Twist Mountain's encounter lists in BW and BW2 for this one.)

17. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @Jeydis of the Moors @ForbiddenLore @ID Zeta @RWBY Realm

With the help of Claire's flashlight, Kalino looked around until he found a cloud of dust heading their way. It got closer and closer until it was revealed to be a hostile-looking Excadrill with some icy parts on their body. What hit Kalino odd was the Excadrill's hostility wasn't even aimed at the group. In fact, the Subterrene Pokémon passed by them and proceeded to attack a huge rock blocking the way ahead.

Uh... what???

18. Jeydis

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,355.7
    Mathias heard the rumble from the scuffle ahead.

"If we keep quiet we might be able to get around them, let's try to keep our distance for now."

19. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @Jeydis of the Moors @ForbiddenLore @ID Zeta @RWBY Realm

Considering the huge rock blocked most of the pathway they're about to go through and left them with a little room on the sides to squeeze through, Mathias' suggestion was proven to be easier said than done. I mean, Kalino and Rosie could pass through the gaps, but how about the others?

20. Jeydis

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,355.7
    Looking at the whole boulder shaking didnt inspire confidence in Mathias. "Perhaps one of you guys with water types can scare off the Excadrill by shooting water through the cracks."