1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Team Courage - Braving the Cold

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Wolf Expert, Jul 9, 2020.

1. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Aight then...
    As final preparations, Kalino took a malasada and a green jacket from his backpack. He gave the former to Mio who happily gobbled it up and wore the latter himself. He also put on a pair of orange gloves and a skull-themed bandanna from his days as a Team Skull grunt while he's at it. He then checked on his other things (especially his stock of Moomoo Milks and other healing items) in case the fall's impact got them. Fortunately though, nothing bad happened to his stuffs. And once the Alolan boy deemed his preparations complete, he put his two Ninetales in their Pokeballs and moved out from the Pokémon Center.

Outside, the boy was greeted with such a cold wind. The wind here was not that cold compared to the one in the sky earlier. Kalino even likened this one to the cold at Mount Lanakila (again). He looked around to find Mathias and a Mudsdale on the wide street.
    Could it be... the Mudsdale Uncle talked about?
    Curiosity ensued, Kalino walked up to Mathias and the Draft Horse Pokémon. He normally would run in cases like this, but the nurse didn't recommend it until his sprained ankle is fully recovered.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #41 Jul 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  2. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,894.8
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    David followed as everyone trickled out of the pokecenter, and congregated near the Mudsdale. Why did it have to be so big? David found himself near Kalino, who seemed very intrigued by the mudsdale. He'd noticed that he had both types of ninetales, and deduced that he was likely Alolan.
    "Are we going to have to ride that," David asked the boy, he hoped not, though he couldn't argue the speed, he'd never ridden a Pokémon before.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,355.7
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Mathias watched happily as his new crew started to come out of the building. Kalino looked so dang happy to see another Alolan native Pokémon, his eyes must of been close to twinkling. Another boy came out shortly after that Mathias didn't really recognize, he looked shyer than the rest, Mathias figured he might of just missed him on the walk back. He waved them over as they came out of the Pokémon Center.

"Are we going to have to ride that?" the shy boy said towards Kalino. The new kid looked mighty worried. Mathias couldn't blame him, the Mudsdale was a pretty imposing beast.

"Axel here can probably carry 2 maybe 3 people but I think for now it would probably be best if Kalino rides and rests his leg. We can set some packs if we need too."

4. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Kalino turned to the other guy who got awed at the Mudsdale's huge size. It does look intimidating to those not used to seeing one, after all.
    "Not if we don't really need to, I guess," the ex-Skull grunt answered. "Anyway, I'm Kalino," he extended his hand to the other guy as he introduced himself.
    As much as Kalino wanted to refuse Mathias' offer, he couldn't find any good reasons to do so. Ah, well, Uncle has a point here, he thought. Plus, seems like not even Mathias himself used to see a Mudsdale before, let alone handle one, so... why not?

#44 Jul 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
  5. ID Zeta

ID Zeta Resident Physicist

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,597.0
    As the group began to filter out of the Pokémon Center, Claire thought it would be a good idea to prepare her Pokémon for what might come. She fished through her backpack to find one Pokéball and, in a flash of light, released her partner. A stocky Shelgon materialized, happy to be let out after some time. It assessed its surroundings, then gave its trainer a questioning look.
    Claire knelt down beside her partner and put a hand on its hard shell. "I just wanted to talk for a sec, Brutus," she said. "I'm probably gonna need you here soon, and we're going somewhere really cold. I just wanted to warn you beforehand."
    The Shelgon's expression turned pleading. Brutus hated the cold. Besides just being a dragon, it was particularly hard on his body.
    "I know, I'm sorry," Claire apologized, "but this is a huge opportunity for me! I promise I won't bring you out unless I absolutely need you, OK?"
    Brutus looked defeated, but eventually gave a curt nod (or as close to a nod as he could muster). He would brave the cold if it meant protecting his trainer from harm. He would do anything, really.
    Claire gave the round dragon a hug before returning it. She slipped the Pokéball into her coat pocket and joined the others outside, who were admiring the impressive Mudsdale Mathias had received. She'd never seen one in person, and she had to admit, it was quite the creature. She pulled her hood up in a vain attempt to block the biting cold. Hopefully, Driftveil City wouldn't be so miserable.

6. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,894.8
    David breathed a sigh of relief. As the group gathered he tried to introduce himself to those around him, and did his best to learn their names in return. He was just glad he hadn’t been too late to meet up with them.

7. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    King's Rock ★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    As her crew member left the Center, Rosie soon followed after checking her pokeballs to see if they are on her belt. Then, she left the Center without wearing any additional clothing, as she felt the temperature is just right.
    She being the only member who did not wear any extra clothing makes her the odd one. This attracted the eyes of the whole crew. With this much attention, Rosie feels... uncomfortable. This reminds her of the time when she still needs to go to the Pokémon School, she gains as much attention as now when her classmates know she has an Elite Four member as parent. “W-Why are you guys looking at me like that?” She asked

#47 Jul 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
  8. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    David, Mathias, Claire, Rosie...
    Kalino tried his best to memorize everyone's names as he looked at them one by one. However, his focus was broken by Rosie's flustered look.
    "Wait, what?" he asked back. Confusion ensued because he couldn't see anything wrong with the young lady.

9. ID Zeta

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,597.0
    Rosie's sudden made Claire give the young woman a proper top-to-bottom inspection. How was she not freezing in that outfit? "Are you sure you're warm enough in what you're wearing, Rosie?" Claire asked carefully. "I wouldn't want you to get frostbite or anything..."

10. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    "Yeah, I used to the cold weather. From where I live, it is Kalos by the way, it is very cold during winter, and my dad being specialized in ice type Pokémon made me very used to cold temperature. Besides, my body temperature is a bit higher than a normal person. I don't easily catch a cold or get frostbite. This weather is just fine for me." Rosie explained as Claire is very concerned about her, but she showed that the cold doesn't bother her at all. In fact, the cold weather just reminders her of her father's Aurorus.
    "Looks like playing with Aurorus helped me adopted to the cold." Rosie thought.

11. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Seems like Claire's comment about Rosie's outfit snapped Kalino from his confusion. No wonder Rosie got that awkward look, he thought. He then sighed in relief when Rosie told Claire that she's totally fine with this weather somehow. But still, jealousy ensued. Alola's tropical climate really didn't help him with colder weather unless he lived at Mount Lanakila.
    Knowing that all is well for now, he faced at Mathias' Mudsdale and hopped on them like it's nothing. With or without saddle, he used to hop on any other Mudsdale like that back home, after all.

#51 Jul 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
  12. ID Zeta

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,597.0
    Rosie's explanation made perfect sense. "Alright," Claire said. "You know your own limits. Just... be careful, OK?" She still thought the young woman was a little crazy for dressing so lightly in this unusual weather, but she saw no point in questioning it further.
    Claire was a little jealous: having grown up in the fairly tropical climate of Hoenn, she'd never developed a tolerance for the cold. She pulled her heavy brick-red jacket tighter around her as a gust of cold wind stung her cheeks. I wish I had a Fire-type Pokémon right about now... Claire mentally grumbled.

13. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,894.8
    David knew how Rosie felt, though he wasn’t nearly that brave. Sinnoh tended to get cold though, and so he was used to low temperatures. He could already feel a growing chill in the air though. If it continued to grow, he hoped she would recognize the cold before it was too late.

14. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    "I will, Claire. I do know my limit." Rosie said. She may be built up a tolerance to cold, she knows her limit on how much she is able to withstand cold. Moreover, she may be used to the cold, but she can't take the cold wind. Back when she was still in Join Avenue, she had to wear her jacket to block the strong wind that was blowing on her. Now she already removed it put it back into her belt bag as there is little to no wind in Nimbasa. "Well, even Kyrume is raging around and cause global cooling, the temperature won't drop down to -12ºC, right?"Rosie thought.

#54 Jul 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  15. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Now that he's on Mudsdale's back, Kalino couldn't help but to pat their head. "Sorry about that, Mudsdale," he said, worrying that his hopping would surprise the horse. "But I need to ride you here. You're okay with it, right?"

He then turned to everyone down there and shouted, "Hey guys, anyone wanna ride this? Or anything?"

#55 Jul 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  16. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,355.7
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Mathias watched as Kalino jumped on the Mudsdale's back like he was born to ride. "Oh man kid's a natural, awesome. That's makes things easier" the older man told himself. Truth be told he had never been much for riding, most smaller Pokémon's had trouble supporting his larger frame and equipment, he admired Kalino's fearlessness.

"I'm good on the ground, used to long hikes with my company anyway."

17. ID Zeta

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,597.0
    Claire didn't notice Kalino had mounted the burly Mudsdale. It didn't even have a saddle or anything to ride on! How did he do that so quickly? "Oh! Um, I'm fine for now, thanks. If I get worn out during the trip, I guess I might, but I'd need help getting on..." She'd never ridden a Pokémon before, let alone something as imposing as this Mudsdale, and the idea made her nervous. What if it got spooked and threw her off? What if they were attacked by something? No, she was fine with walking. The Mudsdale was for him, anyway - he was the one with the injury, after all.

18. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    Rosie watched Kalino climbed on the Horse-like Pokémon, which resembles the Rapidash back home. While she is comfortable to ride a Pokémon and she knows she isn't physically strong(lack in stamina), she denied the request of Kalino. "No, thank you. I am fine with walking, at least right now. But I may ask to ride this when I am tired though, I am not as physically strong as other members."
    The Pokémon that Kalino is riding on is very interesting. It closely resembles Rapidash yet they look very different. Rapidash looks very elegant but that Pokémon looks very dirty. This made Rosie very curious about the Pokémon. "By the way, What is that Pokémon? It looks like Rapidash but it is much furrier, dirtier, and less flamy than Rapidash."

19. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "Uh..." Kalino sweatdropped. He hadn't ever heard about the name Rapidash, let alone knew how they look like. But still, he applauded Rosie's inquisitiveness on whatever she finds new.
    "This fella is Mudsdale. It's one of the ride Pokémon we Alolans commonly use," he explained. "But wait, what's Rapidash? I haven't ever heard about it, honestly."

20. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    "Well... How should I say it? Rapidash is native to the Kanto and Johto region. It is a fire type Pokémon that can run very fast. 240km/h(or 149.129086mph) to be exact. We often use it to race against each other for entertainment." Rosie tried her hardest to explain what is Rapidash. Although she knows the biology of almost all Pokémon and how to cure almost every wound and poison, she doesn't know how to explain the specific of a Pokémon. She can recall some Pokédex entry, but she can't recall the entire Pokédex entry of Rapidash, which caused her to struggle to explain what's a Rapidash.