1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Teenage Years

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Dawn, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    Ah yes, teenage years. The period of our lives where we undergo the most change, both physically and mentally, as puberty kicks in right around the time that school becomes more and more stressful. A time for experimentation, development, and often more than a little drama. The time that, often, shapes the person who we will be for the rest of our lives.

For those of you out of your teenage years, what were you like as a teenager, and how does that differ from how you are now? When you were younger, did you imagine that your life would turn out this way? Did you do anything back then that you regret doing now? Generally, how did you find that period of your life?

For those of you still in your teenage years - how are you finding life right now? How do you imagine that your twenties will be different, if indeed you imagine that they will be any different? Done anything so far that you'll probably look back on and regret? Anything that you want to do whilst you have the freedom to do it?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I'm past my teenage years and I look back upon my past self with shame and disdain. I was filled with so many ugly traits, the worst of them being arrogance fueled by unawareness of the rest of my ugliness. There was a lot that was bad about me, but that sums it up: rotten person who's convinced by his own ignorance that he's an angel. But on the other hand, I'm sure thirties me will look back on twenties me and find reasons to talk crap as well, justifiably. I am not perfect, but I will claim to be always improving.

I don't have any stark regrets of single instances, but I do wish that I was generally more in a mindset of humility, active improvement, and seeking to make good relationships with the people above me. That is, I wish I joined clubs or sports in high school and made friends with teachers or coaches in a way that they could write letters of recommendation for me later. That would really help with getting into exclusive programs or studies, or even getting a foot into better jobs. High school would have been the age to start that.

As far as my current self compared to the me that my teenage self envisioned, I'm not at all there. My plan was to be out of college by now, being some kind of highly-respected and highly-paid chemist inventing the next revolutionary advancement in human society: an ultra-effective battery or a super water purifier or maybe an insulator strong enough to keep ice frozen in a furnace. My teenage self would be displeased, but to him I say 1) this is your fault, and 2) it's actually quite nice and may lead to something better than the first plan.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 Dec 2, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  3. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I'm almost 25 and still feel like I'm stuck in my teen years.

Regrets?
    - Not going out with friends
    - Hitting on a girl that my cousin was trying to date at the same time
    - Not standing my ground on getting mom to stop smoking and focus on her health

When I was in my teens, I was much more depressed than I am now. I was your typical emo/goth who had completely sealed her emotions away to only rupture into a raging fit if something went wrong because all my emotions were bottled up. I was also a massive weeb who put in random Japanese in her online speech and so much 'owo'- like faces.
    I..imagined that by now I would be going for a higher college degree/graduating basic college. Have a house of my own, living by doing great art and interning at Pixar. Oh how dumb that idea was, impossible to do.. I mean, living by doing art and art alone.. heh..

4. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    I'm 28, almost 29.
    I have a certain mental illness that messes up my moods and personality, so I can be immature at times, which I hate.

But I have grown a lot.
    I haven't gone into detail about this here, but I was an addict most of my teen years. My life was very chaotic with the breakdown of my parents marriage, their divorce, and my mother leaving.
    I've done a lot of regretful things in my youth and early 20's, but all I can do is keep those memories so I know to not do those things again. My health is rather poor from the choices I've made and my circumstances, but I get up each day and try my best.

5. Moonstruck-Mist

HoverBoots
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽544.9
    In my teenage years as we speak on the matter at hand. In truth, I find this part of my life somewhat easy, thought it's probably because I'm quiet and not many people really notice me these days. I really don't have any regrets for any actions I have done, but I do know there is still time before I reach the age where regrets can lead to the law kicking you right in your tailbone. As for what I think life'll be like in the twenties? Well, I'm a man of the present. I don't think about the future that far ahead, and I really just plan on getting a job and doing what I can to help people around the world. And with the current freedom I have comes my stories and the art I do. I have hours of free time to do them in one sitting, and so I take advantage of doing it to learn and practice. That's all I do so far, but I know it'll be gone soon enough. Might as well enjoy it as it lasts.

6. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,370.4
    I'm 21 years old, so I am not too far removed from my teen years. I feel like I was honestly a good teenager. My parents never had any serious trouble with me, and I didnt have much of anything rebellious happen. High school was a huge part of my personal growth and I loved it a lot. I was never the best student as a teen, and I didnt try very hard either. Honestly, I have few regrets about what I did as a teenager.

7. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,111.9
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I’m 15 now, 16 in a month, and I look back at middle school and I’m still interested in basically the same things, but I used to be so awkward and uptight... I have a feeling in the future I’ll look back at my teenage years and just question it...

8. Sheinxy

Sheinxy Black Belt

Milky
    (Shinx)
    Level 40
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,893.6
    I'm 16, so I'm still in my teenage years
    How do I find life? I guess the first answer that comes to my mind is "strange" right now, I'm always asking myself loads of question about [my] life, most of which I'm still looking for answers (that's weird to explain, I don't really know how to explain it but whatever)
    How do I imagine that my twenties will be different? Basically, no school anymore, I hope that I'll have a job that I'll like (e.g, being a developer)
    Done anything so far that I'll probably look back on and regret? Oh gosh yeah
    Anything that I want to do whilst I have the freedom to do it? Basically, being creative, drawing and coding, making games etc.

9. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I actually feel like I've changed and grown most as an individual after I was a teenager. Probably because I'm an adult now and feel like I have to grow up and act like it. As a teenager though, I was basically the same as I am now, except moodier around people. I just didn't like to be around my peers. I guess that's something that I regret now, because I still get anxious and moody when it comes to social interactions, but I still long to have close relationships with people, and there were a number of instances when I was younger when I could have had that if I'd just allowed myself to open up more and let in those who were reaching out to me.

10. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    I'm 15! Near of getting out of my teenage.
    And there is something that I regret and surely will do till the end.
    My life right now is full of confusion and stress! Happiness is also here but...
    I'm totally confused what to do with my future!! Career! I cant find anything that I'm super interested in! Nothing, I repeat, nothing stays in my life that I have my mind, my complete interest in.

Hm, God knows whats gonna happen!

11. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    I’m sixteen, going on seventeen in two months. It’s been rough, mostly because of school. I’ve been picked on a lot and it affected my mental health for quite a while. I’m better now. The mood swings still happen from time to time, but the depression is gone. Now I just have to keep it up and find a good path in life.

#11 Dec 8, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  12. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,236.9
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    I'm in my teenage years as well.
    I'm 100% sure that I will hate past me, because teenage me also hates middle-school me and middle-school me hated elementary-school me. I can't help but look back and judge literally everything I've done.
    Like Cherry said, I can't even think of a possible future career that will actually do something. Every idea I have that isn't "doctor" seems to be shot down by my parents, and I don't actually have any talents that I can really hold onto. And life right now is just kind of confusing. On one hand, everyone's telling you "don't stress, you're just in high school, you don't have to start planning your entire life" and on the other hand everyone else is telling you "you should at least have some sort of plan on what you're going to do or you'll die or something". Literally everyone is sending mixed messages and I'm just kind of... drifting along right now?
    Of course there's a lot of drama... but I'm not in anything. I don't have that big a friend group, so I just slide along the hallways and do my work while eavesdropping on everyone talking about their love lives. I don't even bother remembering that stuff, I just hear it. And it's not just hearing what strangers say - I don't talk often in my own friend group. After my closest friend moved away, I don't talk that much, just keep to myself and my own devices. Every now and then I strike up conversation, but I can safely say that there's nobody I'd say I'm really close to at my school right now.