1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Tell me a few fun facts about yourselves!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by colours, Jan 19, 2018.

1. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    Hiya LV!! o/

I've just started becoming more active here as of very recently and I want to get to know you all!! I created this thread in the hopes of accomplishing just that. =o

So what are some fun/interesting facts you can tell me about yourself?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I'm not that interesting of a person, but I'll try.
    I'm the only non-religious person in my house.
    I have very few friends and hope to make more through this site

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I’ve been radioactive before 0:

4. Iopdev

Iopdev Dragonair Enthusiast

Ceto
    (Dragonair)
    Level 46
    PokéPoints:
    ₽143.5
    Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Where to start.... I love vocaloid, I can't do art (At all), I can sing, i'm on youtube a lot and i am currently figuring myself out!

5. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    ok now you have me curious

specifics please!!

6. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Well im technically still radioactive! Just not enough to harm anyone.

I had my thyroid removed 4 years ago from radiation therapy. I drank radioactive iodine and had to isolate myself for three days. If you put one of those radiation reader things to my throat it picks up radiation still.

7. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,650.4
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    I talk to myself. And objets. A lot.

I now see you as a fluorescent Ampharos.

8. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Could be ;)

9. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    This will be the only takeaway I get from this thread, though in my case I would have used the adjective "phosphorescent".

So, this could potentially be a rather lengthy discourse, but for the sake of brevity, I'll try not to go over more frivolous details.

• I'm extremely logically and analytically minded, almost to a fault - such that if I'm shown something that isn't intended to provoke an intellectual or humourous response, I won't react.
    • As a (conscious) decision of the above, my emotional depth is close to zero. What this means is that I don't have to worry about feelings influencing a decision, and that I can remain stable as a form of support around people who are distraught. (This helps others more than you may realise.)
    • I love the pursuit of knowledge. I'm always trying to learn something new about something or someone - and lately I've found that people are an excellent source of information. So I try now to learn how people think and operate, on a case-by-case basis. (I've learned that human nature isn't nearly as complicated as people may be led to believe!)
    • I am Christian, and that combined with the above makes a rather interesting mix - indeed, that might be a big reason why I try to learn more about people. (It's not really a secret. It's just that nobody asks about it.)
    • I'm occasionally prone to bouts of loneliness, so I spend a lot of time online (when not at work or something), at the very least talking or interacting with somebody to keep myself focused.
    • I like trying to make people smile, whether that be through a joke or two, an act of generosity, or simply trying to make the other person happy. It's a small thing, but it goes a long way.
    • Dragons.
    • Blue and purple are my favourite colours, more so purple - I prefer the darker shades overall, but I can work with any shade of them. I'd have to say orange and brown are my least favourite, because they're very difficult to work with.

And any more specific questions or inquiries I reserve for my Q&A thread - and I've been asked many questions over the years; it helps me learn more both about other people and about myself.

ShinigamiMiroku likes this.
  10. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    I have an unusually large gap between my big toe and the next one along, particularly on my right foot. Mum has it and so do all my siblings, but neither of Mum's parents had it so we don't know where it came from. It comes in handy for picking stuff up off the floor with my feet lol.

I've been stung by both a bluebottle and a jellyfish, on consecutive visits to the beach.

I can only wink with my left eye! ;)

11. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I'm not interesting in the slightest but whatever

• Surprisingly I'm pretty good with vocals and such. I don't think I'm that good but bluh
    • In my real life, people confuse me for someone else on a near daily basis!
    • Regarding my life, I tend to become friends with adults faster for some reason compared to most people my age that have more friends around their age. Maybe it's a maturity thing.
    • If you tell me to draw something, I'll have a tiny sketch down in usually a minute. Fast hand.

12. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    Interesting things, let's see.

~ My eyesight is as bad as my mom's. We first realized I had impaired vision in fourth grade, I think. Since then, it's gotten worse about every sixth months - my eye doctor said it's not uncommon to go through a period of dramatic eyesight changes like that. This has tapered off, but left me with pretty terrible vision.
    ~ I can raise both my eyebrows singularly - meaning I could raise only my left, then only my right, et cetera. I can also curl my tongue. Funnily enough, I can curl it but I can't roll it; I had to teach my tongue to make a rolling-r sound after my friend who's teaching me Russian informed me that my lack of r-rolling gave me an accent.
    ~ I have an abnormally high-pitched voice. I hate it. In recordings, I sound like a three-year-old.

#12 Jan 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  13. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    I'm not that interesting but
    • I am taller than both my mom and step father, who I live with
    • I have two cats and they enjoy sleeping in my bed
    • I can eat a whole pizza alone
    • My voice is deep despite my sex

14. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Time for myself, I suppose!
    • I'm a person who's constantly energetic/hyper no matter what! Or well... I try to be, at least! Sometimes it can be very draining depending on the social situation that I'm in, but others have taken note of my smile and laugh and how happy I appear to be all the time.
    • I used to write as a hobby! Until life came along, that is. u.u So I have very little time for it, eventually stopped doing it altogether a good half-decade ago. I used to do poetry and whatnot.

15. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I guess I can share some random things:
    • When I was in my teens, I could recite the original Star Wars scripts almost ad verbatim, and the first half of The Phantom Menace. It was a big thing back then, OK?! It made me cool...sort of. This is not to mention how many of the Expanded Universe novels I read...ugh, I was such a Star Wars nerd back then. In case anyone was wondering, I didn't like A New Hope II--sorry, The Force Awakens, and I found The Last Jedi painfully lacking. Rogue One was alright though!
    • I am a huge fan of Gilbert & Sullivan operetta, although the only one I've seen live is an amateur stage production of The Sorcerer...it was painful. But you know that scene in that old Simpsons episode where Sideshow Bob sings the entire score of the HMS Pinafore? I can do that. On a good day.
    • I went through a period in my childhood where I hated music...it was the 90s. Steps, The Spice Girls, and S Club 7 were a thing. Then a friend made me listen to Chimaira's Power Trip when I was in Secondary School. Things escalated from there.
    • I have had a Cyber Tutu Yu-Gi-Oh! card in my wallet for over a decade now. Well, obviously I've had more than one wallet in that time, but I've transferred the same card across each time I've switched.
    • It upsets me more than I would care to admit when people assign me a gender identity. That entire thing is a landmine that people repeatedly stamp on, though.
    • Almost all of my clothing is black, white, or grey. But I have a few multi-coloured socks. I like having colourful socks.
    • Apparently, every time I say "yes" I say it like Megatron from Beast Wars. I don't know if this is just my parents messing with me, but if I DO do it, it isn't deliberate.
    • There are no words in the English language that describe how much I despise Yuri Lowenthal's voice.
    • People often assume I'm a pessimist, or overly negative, but I'm actually quite a cheerful person. It's called "gallows humour" and it seems it is often misunderstood.
    • I don't like Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. It's terrible. TERRIBLE.
    ...uh, that'll do.

#15 Jan 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  16. dangokura

dangokura what is happening ;w;

Mythical eggo
    (Celebi Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.2
    everyone here is so interesting,,,,, i’ll just go cry in my corner now
    - i have social anxiety???
    - i love seeing people happy, it’s literally my reason for living <3
    - once i thought i saw one of my plush toys run across my sister’s bed ?????
    - i laugh too much at the slightest things omg

17. warriorseadra

warriorseadra PKMN Breeder

Mythical Egg
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽168.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I sleep on a quilt on top of the floor next to my bed. Mattresses are too soft, yo.

18. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Well, here are some facts about me!

- I have too many striped shirts. Most of my t-shirts have stripes. I look like a burglar.
    - I'm incredibly interested in horoscopes even though I see them as complete bogus.
    - I am a ridiculously good sleeper. I fall asleep quickly and sleep heavily. I'm constantly tired nonetheless.
    - I both love and am terrified of spiders.
    - I'm almost 18 and I still go to sleep hugging plush toys.

19. Teddybear2345

Teddybear2345 Which is cooler, to be cool, or uncool?

PokéPoints:
    ₽529.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Bicycle ★★Razz Berry ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Slowpoke Tail ★★★★
    - I have 8 different regions as an ethnicity/racial background (I just identify as hawaiian, black and scandinavian)
    Since there is so much.

- I like cooking as much as life itself and cook to heavy metal a lot of the time

- Favourite Pokémon game IS Sun and Moon now... Notely because of the Hawaii theme of it all.

- I am a twin

- Myself my twin and my sister are the only ones in my immediate family who is of Mixed Asian descent.

- Lastly more a casual gamer and more full time music freakazoid

20. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Well, here are some random facts about me.

- I have arachnophobia.
    -Whenever I'm at my house, I Only wear white t-shirts (not even I know why).
    -I have a scar on my head, caused by my friend jumping from a second story building and slaming his elbow on my head. The wound was pretty big and I was bleeding a lot, the doctor had to give me a transfusion and told me that if I came to the hospital ten minutes later, I could have suffered serious consequences.
    -Even though I live in Puerto Rico, I prefer to make friends with people who speak english.
    -I would go through great lenghts to make my friends smile.
    -Even though I'm one of the youngest in my family, I am the tallest so far (and I'm only 16).
    -I'm scared of becoming an adult.
    -I hate coconut.
    -I only have one sibling (an older borther).
    -My parents are divorced.
    -I love to read.
    -I used to write, but then eventually I got bored of writing.
    -I'm a socially awkward mess.

And those are the things that I can think of from the top of my head. If you want to know anything more about me, just ask away.