1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Ten Strongest Pirate Crews in One Piece?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by The Unknown, Aug 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Unknown

The Unknown Collector

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    Warning: There are going to be spoilers in this thread, so please leave if you don't want to be spoiled!!!

My list is going to be current as of episode 607 (in the anime; not gonna include info from manga):

1. Red-Haired Pirates - [​IMG]

This picture pretty much provides evidence that this is the most badass and strongest crew that is currently sailing in One piece! Oh, and the fact that Shanks (who is most likely the strongest/2nd strongest pirate right now) is the captain, guarantees that this crew is currently the strongest.

2. Blackbeard Pirates - Marshall D. Teach's crew is almost as strong as the Red Haired Pirates. Now that Teach has two powerful Devil Fruit abilities, and a crew that can match up with Shanks's crew. there's no doubt that the Blackbeard pirates are a very dominating force in the New World

3. Kaido's Pirate Crew - This guy is an unknown Yonko, which means he could be the strongest or the weakest of the 4 pirate captains. I'm gonna play it safe here and place him behind Shanks and Blackbeard.

4. Big Mom Pirates - Her crew should be more powerful than all of the pirate crews without a Yonko, and at least slightly below the other Yonkos' crews.

5. Donquixote Pirates - Although not much is said about this pirate crew, Monet and Vergo are members of it. Vergo is a vice admiral, so this crew must be very strong.

5. Strawhat Pirates - As far as I know from the anime, Luffy's crew is stronger than any other crew with a Supernova. Everyone SH member is powerful enough to have at least a bounty of 50,000,000 berries. Jinbe and Kinemon both might join the Strawhats in the future, meaning that their crew has a lot of potential to land in the top 4 spot in the near future.

6. Kid Pirates - With two Supernovas, Killer and Eustass Kidd, being on this crew, they are probably the second strongest crew with a Supernova. Eustass Kidd has the largest bounty out of all of the Supernovas, with a bounty of 470,000,000 berries. Killer has a bounty of 200,000,000 berries.

7. Heart Pirates - Trafalgar Law showed that he is a very strong fighter by defeating Smoker. His crew strength is questionable, as we haven't seen their crew battle a lot. Trafalgar's ability and status are the main reasons why I ranked the Heart Pirates at number 7.

8. On Air Pirates - Scratchmen Apoo's bounty skyrocketed to 350,000,000 berries after the timeskip, higher than most of the Supernovas.

9. Hawkins Pirates - Basil Hawkin's bounty improved to 320,000,000 berries, but it is lower than Apoo's.

10. Drake Pirates - Besides the Supernovas that I listed above, X Drake has the largest bounties out of all the other Supernova captains.

Other Pirate Crews I considered:

Caribou pirates- Caribou is very weak compared to Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji, and Coribou is much weaker than his brother, so they aren't on the same level as the crews I listed above.

New Fishman Pirates - Hody's crew is very weak and old after they overdosed on steroids, so they aren't worth any consideration.

Bonney Pirates - Jewelry Bonney's bounty isn't that high, so I left her out of the list.

Urouge Pirates - Seems like he is one of the weaker Supernovas.

Capone Bege Pirates - Capone Bege seems like he is one of the weaker Supernovas.

Please post your list, and/or post your opinions on my list!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Madaraki

Madaraki Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.0
    Honestly, I think it's a bit hard to judge some of those crews based solely on bounty. Keep in mind bounties tend to dictate infamy or at least a perceived threat level by the WG (a singular entity with its own agendas and pre-existing biases) rather than the crew's actual strength.

For example, Blackbeard was extraordinarily powerful and dangerous when he fought Ace, but he was at 0 whereas Ace was at 500,000,000.

Similarly, the only reason Kidd's bounty was higher than Luffy's was because his crew engaged in the slaughter of innocents.

Regarding the Yonko or specifically Big Mom. Keep in mind that she claimed Fishman Island as her territory after the War, essentially taking Whitebeard's place as its guardian. She apparently had the enforcement power to back that claim up as well. (Additionally while she's only had her authority challenged by way of Luffy being Luffy, Kaido's had his authority challenged by both Drake and Law, who seem confident they can engage him without bringing too much trouble down on their heads.

Strength-wise; I'd be willing to put Blackbeard at or even above Shanks at this point. The only reason Shanks was able to defuse the Paramount War was because neither side in the conflict wanted to risk further losses at that time in engaging with more than one present entity. Blackbeard would probably have taken Shanks on if the Navy hadn't been there, and the Navy would've gladly fought Shanks if Blackbeard hadn't been there. As it was, the three-way standoff created a scenario in which nobody truly wanted to brawl.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I'd put Blackbeard on equal level with Shanks, no one is aware of Shanks power yet, apart from his Haki. (Which is incredibly strong) so I'm not really sure. The Blackbeard Pirates easily are stronger than the Strawhats, though.

4. The Unknown

The Unknown Collector

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0

Thanks for your input! If i had known more about some of these crews (Hawkins pirates, Drake pirates, On Air Pirates), then I could evaluate these crews more efficiently. Aside from infamy though, Bounty shows how dangerous a person can be. There's a reason why Eustass Kid's bounty and Trafalgar Law's former bounty are higher than the other Supernovas. Also, most pirates have an appropriate amount of bounty given to their name, so I did the best that I could.

Also, I think Big Mam's crew is formidable (with their combatants Pekoms and Tamago being powerful subordinates, their possession of several islands) but I assumed that she has one of the weaker crews of the Yonkos after her appearance in the beginning of the New World. She very well could have a more powerful crew than Kaido, but we aren't sure yet.

Anyways, I hope we learn more about some of these crews soon and I think all of them could be difficult for the Strawhats to beat (if they ever encounter these crews).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.