1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

[Terrifying Tale] Void

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by Arctiquaza, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Arctiquaza

Arctiquaza Never quite gone

Honor
    (Gallade)
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽934.0
    Sail Fossil ★★★
    Okay, so it's really short, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thyma shouldered her backpack, looking warily at the maze of tombstones. An eerie mist drifted across the room, sending shivers down her spine. "Time t-to go on..." she muttered, hand ready to whip out a Pokéball in case a ghost type attacked. She thought for a second and took a different Pokéball off her belt, and released the Pokémon inside. The red energy formed into a Chinchou, bulbs illuminating some of the fog. She made her way through the maze, and to the next floor.

Chinchou huddling beside her, she climbed up the creaky stairs. She reached the top, and saw the maze ahead... And a small child sat hunched over a grave, sobbing.

"Hey... You alright?" Thyma asked tenderly. She had lost a Pokémon before, and she knew how it felt.

The child didn't answer, but slowly went silent. His posture slowly became more determined. "I have to go there." He muttered quietly.

"Go where?" She asked curiously.

"There. I have to get there." He responded, voice but a whisper.

"And... Where is that?..." She mumbled, voice wavering a bit. She suddenly didn't feel so good. Chinchou looked warily at the kid.

He stood up slowly, the mist parting as he did. As he faced him, she studied his face. His eyes were lavender, and he had a scar running down his face... Wait... Chinchou let out a yelp, the scar had opened up, leaking blood down his face.

She stood still, paralyzed. She couldn't glance away from those eyes. "This form will not last long." His figure seemed to be melting slightly, a few bones visible. She tried to scream, run, anything, but all she could do was stare at those eyes. "I need to go there, and for that I need you." The boy suddenly lunged, hands seeming to form claws. His eyes flashed so bright that all I could see was white, then everything was dark.

All there was was dark.

Just that.

Nothing else.

Just me floating, drifting in the dark.

It was calming, really. Everything seemed to slip away... All I know is this dark.

It's never been any other way- NO!

All the memories rushed back. I had to find a way out before I drifted away! I desperately tried to swim, run, whatever! A small light crept into my vision, and I rushed for it, dived into into it.

I sat up, gasping. There was something under me... I looked down, and jerked up when I saw blood all over the floor. I stumbled and slipped, hand hitting something metal and sharp. I jerked my head up, and looked. A crushed Pokéball was under my hand, streaming blood. Wait. That was my Pokéball. Bulbasaurs Pokéball. I scrambled around, thoughts in a rush. All my Pokémon sat in their crushed pokeballs, dead. Something was starting to form at the edge of my vision, swirling and misty I felt my hands moving on their own, something entering my head-

Why was I stressed? There is nothing to be stressed about. All that was here is darkness. All there has ever been. Something seemed to tug at me a little, but there was nothing to tug me. The darkness invited me. It was nice and warm. There was nothing else to do. All worry slipped away, and I embraced the dark.

Time to sleep.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Gwoomy and Absolute Zero like this.
  2. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,871.5
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Poor Pokémon. So many casualties. Short and simple it does a good job building the tension.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Arctiquaza likes this.