1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

That one NPC Trainer with the most cruel trade ever!

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by sohrob101, Oct 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sohrob101

sohrob101 Destiny Draw!

PokéPoints:
    ₽80.7
    Alright so idk if anyone remembers or not, but there is an NPC in Snowpoint city, who says they will trade you a Haunter for a Medicham. When I saw this (probably was like 10 or 11 when i played D/P) I was jumping with excitmenet. Finally a way to get a Gengar through the main games, and it can be traded to you :D . So as soon as the trade goes through, what happens? The Haunter doesn't evolve...what?! So the NPC then tells, "Oh were you expecting something during the trade, well just an fyi my Haunter is holding an everstone. That made me so mad, You can't believe how mad I was from this. (Wanted to stop playing altogether)T_T

So tell me did anyone have a similar reaction or story with this one NPC in Snowpoint city? Do you think Gamefreak should bring this back? T_T

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    That is the worst troll I have ever seen in any Pokémon game. Holy crap, the person who came up with that is an asshole xD I understand that I can be really upsetting when you're really excited for getting a Gengar. I like the joke, but this should be a one-time thing. Don't try that shit again, okay?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    I did not know that, but that is one hell of a troll, I'd like to know who came up with that xD

4. Pendraflare

Pendraflare Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    This was pretty jarring, especially since in I think Yellow there was a trade where you could give a Cubone for a Machoke that would immediately evolve into Machamp. Although Gengar would be much more overpowered in Gen IV than I, it's still not right, especially given how late in the game it is.

5. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I REMEMBER THAT. I WAS SO MAD. SHE WAS SUCH A JERK FOR DOING THAT. What a troll. I am crying now.

6. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Don't cry, I'll trade you a Kadabra...
    (holding an Everstone)

LostSpirit likes this.
  7. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    THIS MADE ME SO ANGRY. Especially since I couldn't trade to get a Gengar and was excited to actually be able to get one.

I mocked the name Gaspar for many months after that...

8. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    Haha that was great. I think I already had a Gengar but I was still really shocked that it didn't evolve. What a jerk.

9. broongus

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,635.0
    I actually didn't mind at all. Thought it was pretty funny.

10. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    I never actually traded the Medicham, but that is actually really funny. Kudos to GameFreak for that.

11. Smooshie

Smooshie Feebas Enthusiast

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    Oh yeah! I remember that! I laughed uneasily after the NPC said, "were you expecting anything to happen? It's holding an everstone." but other than that I wasn't too bothered by it.

12. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    I had a guidebook, so it warned me that it was carrying an Everstone. :3

13. Stereo

Stereo Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.0
    I was surprised and shuckled a bit *badum tss*

But Gengar could be caught inside the Old Chateau anyway so...

14. Wiso Altred

Wiso Altred Dragon Tamer

tetsu
    (Ledyba)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽66.8
    i never rly carred about snowpoint city in the game cause i only did it for the badges and main storyline and its amazing sinnough myth but that guy sounds cruel and mean if ever find out who made this guy i will

(CENSORED)

i love this font size thing zbuse FTW

15. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    I never attempted to trade with the guy, but I would've found it funny more than anything else. Nothing like being tololololed by an NPC.

16. Treecko007

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I never actually knew this happened?? But oh my gosh it sounds Hilarious. Like I can imagine the troll song playing as the haunter comes over the trade

17. guest

PokéPoints:
    ₽723.0
    Oh lord I remember being so mad over that >_> That's why I don't like trading Pokémon that evolve over trade very much. I'm always dreading the everstone;;
    Even if they did put it back in, I wouldn't do the trade :|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.