1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The 1000 Hour Mark

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Flumph, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Flumph

Flumph PKMN Breeder

Azelf (Anniversary)
    (Azelf (Anniversary))
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,834.1
    Amulet Coin ★★★
    The 1000 hour mark is a mark of true dedication to a game. Whether you're a master of its systems or still play like a noob, whether you regretted it, loved it, you decided to put (at least) 1000 hours of your time into that game. Are there any games you've put 1000 hours into? Did you enjoy the game? Do you regret it? Do you even still play it? Uh... answer the questions.

For me? I got two. Don't Starve and Ark: Survival Evolved. Don't Starve was a thoroughly enjoyable game, being updated even to this day. (Don't Starve Together gets more attention though, but I don't blame Klei for that.) Ark: Survival evolved is a different story. While I think it could be a good game if it wasn't drowning in bugs and poor optimization, the devs do not seem that intent on fixing those issues. I stopped playing it a while ago as it took up too much space, but if they ever do fix that issue, I'd probably pick it up again for old time's sake.

2. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    I have one game that matches the given description: Pokèmon Super Mystery Dungeon. I did so many playthroughs of that game over the years (most of them being 100%), so I guess it had to happen sometime.
    The count is ~1057 hours. (estimated after the maxed out time)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 Nov 25, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  3. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,111.9
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I maxed out the time on my White 2 a few months ago. It took me 6 years though lol

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,279.6
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Dota 2 is the only contender for this in my steam library. There is probably a fair bit of idle time in there but still it is currently sitting at 2469 hours logged.

I love that game dearly, I just stopped playing because it started wrecking my mood and making me feel like I was wasting my time. Still keep up to date on the game and watch professionals play it frequently.

5. Faded Autumn

Mawile
    (Mawile)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,166.8
    Dawn Stone ★★★★
    It would scare me to know how many hours I’ve sank into fortnite :P but I’ve probably put that many Hours in tales of the abyss and Pokémon black and white too.

6. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    If I had to guess, I hit the 1000 hour mark on Minecraft around 4 years ago. I don’t regret a single second.

Jeydis likes this.
  7. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,397.0
    This is tough to say. If there is any game I have ever eclipsed 1000 hours with, it must have been Super Smash Bros. for the 3DS. I played that game anywhere and everywhere all the time, trying to set new high scores on Smash Run with all of my characters (pretty sure my lowest is around the 130,000 mark). Definitely overplayed the game to bits, but had a lot of fun doing it!

8. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I put in well over 1000 hours over the six months it took me to get the platinum trophy for Final Fantasy XIV. I was playing it for at least 5 hours a day...usually more. I regret it. That game had an absolutely garbage narrative, I didn't have anyone to play with, and it was mostly mindless repetitive tasks.

Between the 3DS and Switch version I've put about 1000 hours into Monster Hunter Generations/Ultimate now, too. I don't regret this one quite as much, because I have had an awful lot of fun playing it...although at least 1/10th of that time has probably been spent just looking for a room online to hunt in. I also put about 50 hours into clearing 10* Advance Village and that was absolute hell. But I'm still playing it, and I'll probably get 1000 hours on just Ultimate before I'm done with it.

Jeydis likes this.
  9. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I don't think I've ever hit the 1000 hour mark in a single game my entire life. There have been two games that close though, but I guess I never had the time or attention span to dedicate that much time to a single game.

One of the ones that's the closet is Planetside 2 with 843 hours. I'm garbage at the game even though its my longest played game and the worst part is, I have only completed the tasks for 1 of the six classes. Now a days, I pick it up and play it because all my friends play it and I want to get in on the action, but I don't really have time to sink the kind of time into it as I used to.

The second game that I've gotten closed to 1000 hours is Foxhole with 746 hours. I have no idea how I've spent so many hours in this game. This is one of those games that you pick up try to achieve a simple objective (like building a fortified position) and before you know it, half the days gone by and you've only completed half of your objective. However, if you get others to help you, you can get it done faster and have more fun doing it. Its a real time sink with various sporadic sections of fun here and there. I love the game, but man is it a grind.

10. Katanaeyegaming

Katanaeyegaming #FEARTHEWYVERN

Darklit
    (Liepard)
    Level 44
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,810.3
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    Lost track how much time i've put into the monster hunter franchise, Dark souls 1, Terraria and In the groove.

All are fantastic games that I probably have way more hours in than just 1k and I have no shame in admitting this fact with anyone.