1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The Adventures of Absol

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by neaucleareactor5, Sep 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neaucleareactor5

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    This is my story, The Adventures of Absol. Well, chapter 1 at least. Anyways, read, enjoy, and remember, constructive criticism (or just a review in general) is always appreciated.

I groaned and rolled over, sensing that the sun was coming up. Raindrops fell down from the grey sky, and I yawned, stretching. The cave I had slept in was cozy, and I almost felt like staying there. Unfortunately, my horn was tingling, warning me of impending danger. I sighed and crawled out of the cave. Being an Absol, it was my duty to warn and protect others from danger. Luckily, this wasn't a natural disaster sort of danger. That would make my horn go nuts. No, this was the danger of malicious intent. Someone was being attacked with the intent to merely kill or harm. It didn't really fall under my jurisdiction, but I felt responsible either way. I plodded along, splashing through puddles and ducking under low hanging tree branches. No Pokémon with any common sense would be moving about in this weather.

A Ursaring roared, and I froze, detecting where it was coming from. It was followed by a scream. I couldn't tell what Pokémon it was from, but it sounded young. I bolted forwards, racing through the trees. Ursaring were large, mean, and had a really short fuse. It was probably something stupid that it was getting upset over. The Ursaring came into view, a large female, who was attacking a huddled form between two rocks, using hammer arm to bash the boulders. I raced forwards, slamming my horn into Ursaring, knocking her over.

"Back off!" I snapped. Ursaring stood up, glaring at me.

"This doesn't concern you, Absol." Ursaring snarled, charging up another hammer arm. "I will crush this human for attacking my child!" She snapped. I looked at the huddled form, realizing that it was, in fact, a human. She was young, no older than ten or eleven, with long brown hair and wearing a red dress. She was drenched from the rain, and was quivering in fear. I sighed and looked back at Ursaring.

"Ok, she's what, ten or eleven? She sure doesn't seem like she'd hurt your kid. Where is your kid, anyways?" I said. Ursaring took a step forwards, but then paused, seeing her Teddiursa coming out of the trees.

"Mommy, stop! The human didn't hurt me, we were playing and I fell and hurt myself. I'm sorry I worried you." Teddiursa said. Ursaring relaxed, and she smiled, walking over and picking up Teddiursa.

"Is that so? I'm sorry I got all angry." She said sweetly. I sighed and shook my head. Ursaring glared at me. "I'll let you off the hook this time, Absol, but I won't be so kind next time." She growled, and lumbered off into the forest.

"Well someone needs to take a nap." I said shaking my head. "Now, what should I do about her?" I sighed and looked back at the girl, who was watching me fearfully. I had no love for humans, and she was no exception. But, I couldn't just leave her here. I shook my head. What was I saying? Of course I could. She got here, and she can get back. I'd done my duty in protecting her. I started to walk off into the pine forest, looking forwards to getting back into my cave.

"Wait!" The girl said, coming out from between the rocks. "T-thanks." She said, stopping about ten feet from me. I looked her up and down, and then nodded.

"Sure kid. You're welcome." I said, and started off again.

"W-wait!" She said again. I paused, looking back. She looked close to tears. "P-please don't leave. I-I don't know where I am..." She said, wiping her eyes and beginning to cry. My heart panged, and I shook my head. What a time to be getting soft. I walked up to her and nudged the girl. She looked up, surprised.

"Follow me, kid." I said reluctantly, and motioning into the forest by jerking my head to the side. Humans were stupid and couldn't understand Pokémon, so I had to be deliberate in telling her what I wanted to do.

"Y-You want me to follow you?" She said. I nodded. "O-ok..." She said. I sniffed the air, detecting where the humans were camped almost instantly. They were so smelly and noisy, it was almost impossible to miss them. They were about two miles to the northwest of here. I trotted off, the girl struggling to keep up. After ten minutes, I began to hear another human, who was yelling.

"April! April, where are you?!" He called. I could sense his nervous energy from here. The girl hadn't picked up on this yet, she was too busy keeping up to hear him. I sighed.

"Stay here, I'll go get him." I said, and raced off through the trees.

"W-wait!" She called. I ignored her and ran up to the man, who was about a quarter of a mile away. He flinched when I burst through the brush, glaring at him.

"Come with me." I said, and raced back through the trees towards the girl. I heard the man crashing through the trees behind me, and I slowed down, giving the man a chance to catch up. The girl nearly crashed into me, having been running this direction after me.

"Ow!" She said, falling over. I walked around her, and watched as the man crashed through the trees. Humans were slow, stupid, and loud. It's a wonder they hadn't died off yet. He stumbled, caught himself, and looked up, catching sight of his daughter. "Daddy?" She said, still sitting on the ground. She stood up and ran to the man, crying. "Daddy!" She said, leaping into her arms. I nodded and walked off through the trees. I didn't need to see their tearful reunion. I was tired, wet, and going back to my cave.

Two months later:

I growled at the two men in front of me, holding one paw up gingerly. A nice gash ran along that leg, from where one of them had cut me. They were prodding me with a stick, trying to get a wire loop around my neck. I limped backwards, pressing up against the rock wall behind me. Now I was trapped, too. Wonderful.

"Come on! Many people would kill for an Absol, so just play nice and come on! Don't make me hurt you again!" One said. I growled and fired a razor wind at them, making them dive out of the way.

"Back off!" I yelled. I hated humans. They were all the same. Turn your back for one second, and they try and kill or capture you. Over the past two months, these two had chased me all across the Kanto mountain range, hoping to catch me. I was the only Absol in the region, having traveled all the way from Sinnoh, and that had made me a target.

"Do you have any pokeballs left?" One asked the other, running back to where they had been, preventing my escape.

"No. I used them up on that Rhydon. All my Pokémon are KO'd too, so that's no good. We have to catch this one the old fashioned way." He said, shaking his head. The other cursed, prodding at me again. I snarled.

"Back off." I growled. "Don't make me hurt you." I said that, but I could feel my strength fading fast, and my cut was beginning to throb. It wouldn't be long before I couldn't do anything. They kept prodding at me, and I charged an ice beam. My father had taught me how to use it before I left home. They dove out of the way, and I blasted. They cursed me, and I nodded in satisfaction. They weren't going anywhere, one having his foot encased in ice, the other having an entire leg stuck to the ground. I limped forwards, trying to get past them. Unfortunately, I forgot about the noose.

"Gotcha!" One said, hooking me. He yanked and I fell to the ground with a yelp, pain lancing through my shoulder. There was a crash somewhere nearby, and I heard two more humans racing up the hill towards me.

"Stop where you are! You two are under arrest!" Someone yelled. The two men cursed, struggling against the ice. I looked up at the two new humans. A woman in a white lab coat was running up to me, followed closely behind by a police officer.

"Oh, god. Officer Jenny! This Absol is hurt badly!" Lab Coat said, touching my side. I growled weakly, lifting my head to glare at her. I didn't need their help. "Hey, it's ok. I'm here to help." She said, pulling out an Oran berry. I refused to take it, and she frowned, confused at my reaction. My father had always said my stubbornness would be the end of me.

"You get him help, I'm going to take these two into custody." The officer said. Lab Coat nodded and pulled out a Pokéball, touching it to my side. My vision swirled, and then went black.

When I woke up, I was lying in a bed, a blanket covering me. My side ached, and I nudged the blanket off of me with my horn. I winced from the effort, my side erupting in pain. My cut had been closed with what looked like thread, any my fur had been shaved off around it. The wound was red and swollen, but otherwise looked like it would heal. A metal door slid open, and a woman in a white lab coat walked in, tapping a syringe.

"Don't worry; this is just to ease the pain." She said, seeing that I was awake. I growled at her.

"No. You will not touch me with that thing." I snapped. The woman took a step back and held up the syringe.

"Don't want this?" She said, and laid the syringe on the table. She then pulled a weird spray bottle out of her lab coat. "Would this be better?" She asked. I continued to glare at her, and shook my head. She wasn't going to put anything on me. Period. I don't trust humans, especially after what had just happened. She took a step forwards, and my growl turned into a snarl.

"No." I snapped. "Back off before I hurt you." I stood up, favoring my left paw heavily. The bed didn't make for very good footing, which was annoying.

"Doctor!" The woman called. I jumped off the bed with a wince. That hurt. I wouldn't be doing that again. The woman opened the door and slipped outside, watching me through the window as I continued to glare at her. They would not be getting me. Another person appeared, and the two humans started to discuss something. They agreed, and the other ran off. A door opened behind me and I whirled, just in time to get a sleep powder to the face.

"Calm down, bud. They're just trying to help." The Butterfree responsible said. Yeah, right. Why would humans help me? Were my last thoughts before I blacked out.

2. neaucleareactor5

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Chapter two of my fic. It's also posted on fanfiction.net (up to chapter 46 at this point) under the same name and same author name. So yeah. Enjoy.

"How humans ride in these things, I will never know." I said grumpily, feeling another jolt go through my body as the truck bounced. "It's like rolling down the side of a mountain." I said. The back of the truck was dark, the only light coming from a few windows and the tip of a Charmander's tail. I was lying in a steel cage, not wanting to even think about where I was going. After two weeks, the doctors decided I needed something called physical therapy, whatever that was. So they were sending me off to another researcher. His name was some sort of tree...Pine, I believe?

"You want some?" Charmander asked, holding a small brown pellet through the bars. I glared at him. Charmander, a Squirtle, and a Bulbasaur had all been released from their pokeballs because of one of those infernal bounces. They were now chowing down on what had been labeled as 'Pokémon food.' I wasn't so sure it was.

"No." I said, and turned away.

"Fine. More for us." Squirtle said. "By the way, why are you in a cage? Shouldn't you be in a Pokéball?" He asked. I glared at him. He was facing the opposite wall, stuffing his face. I growled.

"No." I said. "I refuse to be in one of those things. I, unlike you, was born in the wild." I snapped. Squirtle shrugged and continued eating, which irked me even more.

"You don't have to be so mean about it. He was just asking a question." Charmander said. I turned my glare to him, shaking my head.

"Shut it, Charmander." I snapped and turned away.

"Just leave him alone, Charmander." Bulbasaur said. Charmander sighed and went back to eating. I glared at the wall. I had been at that facility for two weeks, and now I was going someplace else. All I wanted was to leave, to go back into the mountains. That was my home. The truck jerked to a stop, and I heard a car door slam shut. Squirtle, Bulbasaur, and Charmander all muttered something and then entered their pokeballs. The back of the truck slid open, and two men were standing there, examining us.

"Here they are, Oak." The driver said. I recognized him. He had tried to coax me into eating some drug laced food that he insisted was medicine. I had bit him on the hand on many occasions. "Watch out for that Absol, he can be nasty." The man said ruefully, rubbing his bandaged hand. I smirked inwardly.

"Well, he can't be that much trouble." Oak said, stepping inside the truck and reaching through the bars to pet me. I pressed myself against the opposite wall and growled. Oak just chuckled and withdrew his hand. "He'll let you know if he doesn't like you, huh?" He said, and turned to look at the food. The driver cursed, seeing it.

"How'd that happen?" He asked. Oak shrugged and grabbed the bag, dragging it out of the truck.

"Don't know. I'll just use that bag first. Would you help me unload?" Oak asked. The driver grunted, and together they began to unload the bags of food. Oak grabbed the three pokeballs containing Squirtle, Bulbasaur, and Charmander, sliding them into his coat pocket. When all the food had been unloaded, the two of them turned to me. They grabbed my cage and unloaded me, placing my cage on the ground outside of the truck. I examined my surroundings, my head swiveling left and right as I did so. It appeared to be a large ranch of some sort, with a wood fence surrounding the entire property. I saw multiple Pokémon roaming around, including Pokémon not native to the region. There was an Infernape talking to a Sceptile, and they appeared to be having a heated discussion. I didn't even notice when the truck drove off. Oak leaned down and tapped the steel bars. He grinned at me.

"How's it going?" He asked. I growled in response, and he just laughed. "Oh, come now. Don't be like that. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay here." He said. I looked around.

"Where is here?" I mused. Oak chuckled, and I glared at him. "And why do I have to be here?"

"This is my Pokémon research laboratory. You were sent here because of your wound. It might seem healed, but the muscle is still stiff and needs work to relax it. Apparently you let it heal funny because of your stubborn nature." Oak said. I furrowed my brows. Could he understand me? "I bet they didn't tell you that did they? Ah, probably not. I believe that Pokémon are much smarter than most people realize. It's too bad we can't understand you." He said with a wistful sigh. I raised an eyebrow.

"Well, you at least seem to have some modicum of intelligence. You appear to be better than those other humans, at least." I said, and pressed against the bars. "Now, let me out, would you?" I asked. Oak nodded, as if he understood. He reached towards the bars, and I could almost taste freedom. As soon as he opened the doors, I would run off into the mountains. He lifted the cage door, and I leapt forwards, falling flat on my face as pain rocketed up my shoulder. I groaned and stood up, stretching my left shoulder. That was just flat out undignified.

"See?" Oak said, clipping something around my neck at the same time. I yelped in surprise and took a step back from him, growling. "Don't worry, it's just a tracer. I can't have you running off. I'd get in trouble." He said. I growled again, and he laughed. "Now how about we get started, huh? Stretch out your leg." Oak said. I stayed where I was.

"No." I snapped. "I don't need your help." I said, and turned around. I started to walk away, but stumbled when I put pressure on my leg. The tightness in the muscle made it almost impossible to move.

"Like this." Oak said, and jerked my leg forwards. I yelped as pain lanced through my leg, and I bit Oak on the hand. He yelled in surprise, jerking his hand away. I glared at him and he laughed. "Don't worry, I get bit all the time." He said. "Working with Pokémon comes with its hazards." He said, and stood up. "Now do you understand what I'm trying to do? I'm going to help get rid of the tightness in your leg. Will you allow me to help you?" I studied Oak curiously. This was the first time a human had asked my permission to do something. I thought for a moment before nodding reluctantly. I would trust this human....for now.

Two weeks later:

I groaned and stretched out my body. The tightness in my shoulder was still there, but it was barely noticeable. Oak had helped some, but most the time he just let me do my thing. I had learned more about the humans than I really wished to while I'd been here, but one fact stuck out above the rest. I'd been caught. The doctors at the other facility apparently thought it necessary to catch me while I was out from sleep powder, and had also neglected to mention that. I sighed and rolled over, basking in the sun, listening as Totodile approached me.

"How's it going, Absol?" He asked. I sighed.

"How does it look like it's going?" I said, opening one eye to look at the small blue crocodile. He shrugged and grinned at me.

"Looks like you're being lazy for once." He said. I stood up, glaring at him.

"Hmph. Think what you like." I said, and trotted off. He was the only Pokémon on this ranch that refused to leave me alone. I had always been more solitary than most, and preferred it that way. Not that I don't enjoy company every once in a while, but being around others tends to get taxing. My horn began to tingle and I looked around, alarmed. I relaxed a little when I realized that a natural disaster was not, in fact, imminent. Then a girl screamed. I recognized it as a young human, and heard the buzzing of Beedrill. I sighed. Great. Bug Pokémon. And for some reason, I felt inclined to help.

"You hear that?" Totodile said running up. I ignored him and raced off in the direction of the scream. If I was right, and I usually was, they were about a quarter of a mile away, to the southwest. I raced down there, noting that the tightness in my shoulder had all but disappeared, and no longer hindered me. The girl came into view; she was sitting in a ditch, covering her head with her arms, attempting to protect herself from the ten Beedrill swarming around her.

"KILL." They buzzed. I sighed. Beedrill were worse than Ursaring, and not nearly as reasonable. I charged a razor wind and fired, knocking back at least five of them. The rest turned towards me menacingly.

"So, tell me. Why would you be attacking this girl here?" I asked calmly. They circled me, flitting around above my head.

"INVADED OUR NEST. KILL. KILL." They buzzed. I sighed.

"Well, you know humans. They're stupid and clumsy. As much as you might want to, you can't hold it against them." I said. The Beedrill just buzzed angrily, dive bombing me. I leapt backwards, avoiding the first strike. "Hey! Watch it! I'm just trying to help!" The Beedrill ignored me and continued their attack. "Fine, if that's the way you want to play." I growled, and fired an ice beam. Three Beedrill fell to the ground, frozen, and the rest backed off.

"KILL." They said.

"No kill. Back off, unless you want another ice beam." I growled. The Beedrill listened this time, and fled into the trees. I sighed and walked over to the girl. "Come on. Get up." I said. The girl stared at me dumbly, and then it hit me. This was the same girl I had saved from Ursaring. "You just attract danger, don't you?" I said, and walked over to her. She slowly stood up, brushing off her shirt.

"Th-Thank you." She said. I nodded and looked around nervously. My horn was still tingling. I sniffed the air, and peered into the trees. For some reason, I couldn't detect what was making my horn tingle. I frowned. What was going on? "A-Are you ok?" The girl asked, touching my side. I leapt to the side, away from her hand, resisting the urge to bite. My horn was still tingling, and it was telling me....

"No way." I muttered, and walked up to the girl, who was looking at me fearfully. I examined her closely. If I was right, then it was her that was making my horn tingle. I could practically hear my father yelling at me. Some places, objects, or even humans and Pokémon radiate danger. Disasters of all kind usually follow in their wake. If you find one of these dangerous objects, stick with it. It is your job to warn others of danger, and by doing so, you protect others from unnecessary harm. I sighed. I hadn't really paid attention back then. And not once had it occurred to me that he was serious.

"April! Are you ok?" Oak said, running up. Totodile was running with him, I assume that he had gotten Oak. April nodded.

"Y-Yes. Thanks to Absol. I was getting attacked by Beedrill after accidentally stumbling into their nest when he saved me." April said. Oak sighed and shook his head.

"You get into more trouble than any other person I've met. Anyways, what are you doing out here, April? Where are your parents?" He asked. April looked at the ground.

"Well....I, uh, I was coming to see if I could maybe get a Pokémon." She said. Oak raised his eyebrows inquisitively. "I-I thought maybe that going on a journey would be fun and a good experience. Everyone else is going on one..." She said quickly. Oak sighed.

"I'm sorry, but I just gave Parker the last Pokémon I've got for trainers." Oak said. "However, I've got another batch coming in next month, so you should be able to get one then." He said. April sighed and kicked at the ground. I sighed and took a step forwards.

"Fine. I'll go with her. That Charmander just wouldn't shut up about going on a journey with a trainer, so I'm curious as to why he'd be so excited about it. Besides," I said, glancing at the girl. "I'd like to keep an eye on her." I said. Oak stared at me.

"You want to go with her?" He asked.

"What, are you stupid? That's what I just said. Now let's do this before I change my mind." I said, hoping I wouldn't regret this decision. I was sacrificing my freedom here, and I hoped it would be worth it. Oak looked at April.

"Is that ok with you?" He asked. April looked at me nervously and nodded.

"Y-yes. As long as it's ok with him." She said. I groaned and looked at her, deliberately nodding. It was the only way to get her to understand.

"I was the one to offer." I said. She smiled and looked back at Oak, who was smiling at me.

"Alright! Then let's get it all squared away. Come with me back to my lab." Oak said. We followed, and I walked next to April. I glanced at her. She seemed timid and defenseless, which I hoped wouldn't be a problem. I sighed and shook my head. What was I getting myself into?

3. neaucleareactor5

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Chapter 3.

"How's Rick sound?" April asked me. I rolled my eyes. This had been going on for the past half hour, name after name, constantly asking me. It wasn't like she was taking my opinion into account either; she was just listing names because she couldn't decide. Most were just as bad as Rick. She muttered to herself for a bit about the name, giving me the chance to watch my surroundings. After the process with Oak and a little farewell with April's family, we had hit the road towards Viridian City, which was supposedly a day's walk from the lab. Spearow and Pidgey flitted about in the trees, chattering wildly. My horn's tingling had dulled down to a quiet nag in the back of my head, constantly reminding me that this girl was pretty much a walking time bomb.

"No, I don't like Rick. How about...Absolution?" She asked. I groaned.

"Look, I realize that's the word you humans named me after, but seriously, that's worse than Rick." I muttered.

"No, that's no good either." She said. "Hmmm.....how about Disaster?" She asked.

"At this point, I'd take Rick to shut you up." I said. She shook her head.

"No, that's too simple." She said, and started to mutter to herself about names again. I sighed. Why did she feel the need to name me? Why couldn't I just be Absol? "Oh! I got it! What about Mars?" She asked. I thought for a second. Mars was some sort of ancient god of theirs, right? I could go with being a deity.

"Sure. It's better than Rick." I said. She nodded. "Besides, I am pretty god-like."

"Yes, I like it. Mars is the god of war, and war can be disastrous, right? Mars it is." She said, and turned to me, smiling. "So, what now, Mars?" She asked. I shrugged.

"I'm just following you." I said. She nodded, and dashed ahead a little ways, laughing.

"I can't believe I'm actually going on an adventure! It's so exciting, isn't it Mars?" She asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. Sure. You'll have to excuse me if I don't jump for joy." I said sarcastically. She laughed again, beaming at me, and I frowned, sensing someone approaching. I stopped walking, staring at the forest. "Someone's coming." I said. April stopped and walked back to me.

"What's wrong?" She asked. I didn't feel the need to answer, because just then, someone came bursting out of the trees. He looked about the same age as April, and wore a green t-shirt and jeans. "P-Parker?" April said, squinting at him. The boy cursed at something, spotted us, and waved.

"Yo! April! So you got a Pokémon after all, huh?" He said, walking up to us and picking twigs out of his hair. He grinned at me. "Is this your Pokémon?" He asked. April nodded.

"Y-yes." She said tentatively. I looked at her. Why was she suddenly so timid? Wasn't this kid a friend?

"Don't be so shy about it!" Parker said loudly. You could practice being quieter. I noted. "You need to be bold and brave, ready to take on the world!" He yelled, pumping his fist into the air. And you could add a sense of humility.

"R-right. Sorry." April said. She really was timid.

"Don't apologize! It makes you look weak. Anyways, why don't we have a battle? It'd be good to see who's stronger now that we've both got Pokémon of our own." Parker said.

"I-I don't know. Do you want to battle?" April asked me. I sighed and nodded.

"Sure. Why not." I said. April nodded and looked back at Parker.

"Then I guess we'll battle you." She said. Parker nodded.

"Alright! This'll be a one on one battle!" Parker said, and turned around, marching about thirty feet away and grabbing a Pokéball. "Meet my partner, Cannon!" Parker threw out a Pokéball, and out popped Squirtle, ready to fight me.

"Ok, Mars. Let's go." April said tentatively. I walked out onto the field casually. I wasn't worried about fighting Squirtle.

"Cannon?" I asked, raising my eyebrow. Squirtle sighed.

"Don't ask." He muttered. "It's by far the best name he'd come up with. Anyways, what happened to you? When I first met you, you were all 'humans are terrible' and 'freedom.' Why are you traveling with a human now?" Cannon asked. I shrugged.

"Reasons." I said. "You ready?" I asked. Cannon nodded.

"Let the battle begin!" Parker yelled. "Cannon, start it off with bubble!" Cannon blew the bubbles at me, and I stayed where I was, prepared to dodge. I was supposed to let April tell me what to do, which I thought was stupid. Still, I would let her play her game, even if just this once.

"Mars, razor wind." April said. I nodded and whipped my head forwards, shooting the razor wind. The blast of air sliced right through the bubbles, popping every single one, and slammed into Cannon, who was sent tumbling. "Now use ice beam." She said. I fired, having one already charged one up. Cannon didn't even have time to react as I froze him up to his neck. I nodded and sat down. This battle was over.

"You've got good instincts, kid. That's what I would've done on my own, too." I said, having newfound respect for April. "I would've dodged that bubble first; it never crossed my mind that my razor wind would be strong enough to pass straight through it." Parker freed Cannon by recalling him, leaving a Squirtle shaped hole in the ice. He looked at April and grinned.

"That was awesome! See? Be more confident!" Parker said. April nodded, blushing.

"Th-thanks, but isn't that the opposite reaction you should be having? You just lost." She said. That was exactly what I was thinking. Parker laughed.

"Are you kidding?! After seeing an awesome combo like that? Yeah, right! It just makes me want to work harder than before! Well, anyways, I'm going back into the forest to train. You go on to Viridian, and I'll catch up later." He said, and dashed off into the forest. April sighed, and we started walking again. It was silent for a few minutes before April started to talk again.

"So, Mars, how about we try and get you a friend?" April finally said. I glanced at her.

"Oh, yeah. And then we can hold hands and sing Kumbaya and play games." I said sarcastically. "I'm not the friendly type, so why don't you catch yourself a new friend?" April nodded, nervously twisting her shirt.

"I agree. Let's go find you a friend." She said, and stopped, looking into the forest.

"I think you're misreading me." I said, standing next to her. I could see rustling in the forest, not twenty yards from the trail. There was a flash of yellow, and April started to get excited.

"Did you see that?" She asked. I sighed and nodded. "It might be a Pikachu. Let's go after it!" She ran forwards and I followed, watching as an Elekid popped out of the bush. April skidded to a halt, looking confused. She pulled out her Pokédex, and it popped open.

"Elekid, the electric Pokémon. It generates electricity by whirling its arms. However, it can't store the energy it makes." The Pokédex said. Elekid glanced at me.

"So, I assume you're here to capture me?" The Elekid asked.

"Mar's, let's catch this guy!" April said. I sighed and stepped forwards.

"Does that answer your question?" I said. He shrugged, and dropped the berry he was holding.

"Fine with me. I wouldn't mind being caught. My dad was a trainer's Pokémon once, and he said it was fun." The Elekid said.

"Mars, use pursuit." April said.

"Well, nothing personal, bud, but you seem way too relaxed about this." I said, and charged forwards. Elekid didn't move, he just let me run into him and fell over. He groaned and stayed where he was, winking at me.

"Don't worry, I'm not KO'd. I doubt I'd be able to beat you anyways, so why get hurt unnecessarily, right?" Elekid said. I sighed as April threw a Pokéball at him, sucking him inside. It rolled three times and blinked, indicating a successful capture. April jumped into the air happily and ran up, grabbing the Pokéball.

"Alright! We did it, Mars!" April said, scanning the Pokéball on her Pokédex. I remember Oak explaining it, doing that could tell you what moves the Pokémon knew. "He knows thundershock, karate chop, swift, and thunder wave. Cool." She said, and let Elekid out of the Pokéball. "Hi! Sorry I caught you, I hope you don't mind." She said. Elekid shook his head with a smile.

"No, I don't mind. I decided to get caught when I saw you." He said. April grinned.

"So, what shall we call you then?" April asked. I groaned. Here we go again. "Hmm...how about Thunder?" She asked. Elekid nodded.

"Sure. Whatever you want's ok with me." He said. April smiled.

"Then I'll call you Thunder. Thunder, meet Mars." April said, pointing to me.

"Hello." He said, sticking his hand out.

"Hi." I said, ignoring the outstretched hand. "Don't get upset if I don't shake your hand." I said. Elekid shrugged, lowering his hand.

"Fine with me. I was just going to shock you anyways." He said, and April withdrew him, standing up. Weird Elekid. The one's I'd met were either angry or hyperactive. This one seemed more passive than anything.

"Let's go. I want to get to Viridian by sunset." April said. I nodded and followed her. The walk to Viridian was long and uneventful, besides the occasional Spearow flying up into the air no other Pokémon were moving around. We reached the Pokémon center just as the sun was setting, and April was getting nervous. "I don't like cities." She muttered. I nodded in agreement, watching the hundreds of humans rushing about, either in cars or on foot. I shuddered, remembering that this wasn't even the biggest city in Kanto. I couldn't imagine what the other cities would be like. It'd be a nightmare. We walked into the Pokémon center, where the noise of the city was almost non-existent. About ten total people were inside. April approached the nurse at the counter.

"Hello, sweetie. What can I do for you?" The nurse asked.

"H-Hi, nurse Joy. Can you heal my Pokémon?" April asked, staring at the countertop. The nurse smiled warmly, and I could see April begin to perk up. Joy must have that effect on people. She reminded me of either a Togekiss or a Blissey.

"Of course I can. If you'll just hand them here, I'll take care of them." Joy said. April smiled and handed the nurse Thunder's Pokéball. "Thank you. And if you could have you're Absol come with me, I'll take care of him too." I shook my head.

"No." I said. "I'm fine." April shook her head too.

"N-no, he's ok. He's not very sociable." April said. Joy smiled at me.

"Oh, that's ok. I'm sure he'll warm up to people soon enough." She said, and put Thunder's Pokéball in a strange machine. She clicked a button and it began to whirr. The machine next to it beeped, and the nurse removed a Pokéball.

"James? Your Ralts is ready." The nurse called. A boy with short cropped brown hair walked up. He wore a grey t shirt and a blue backpack, and took the Pokéball quickly, with a muttered word of thanks. He hurried off, and I narrowed my eyes. Was it just me, or was that boy also making my horn tingle? I shook my head. No, that can't be. It must be April again. "Poor kid. That's his third time trying to go through the Viridian Forest. The bug Pokémon keep getting his poor Ralts." Joy said. There was a beep, and Joy returned Thunder's Pokéball.

"Thank you. Can we get a room too?" April asked. Joy nodded and smiled.

"Of course. Here, I'll get you a key. You're room number 12." Joy said. April said thank you again, took the key, and we headed towards a door that was labeled 'rooms.' I'd heard somewhere that Pokémon centers were also hotels for trainers because of how young trainers started their journeys. We walked past the boy, who was muttering something and staring at his Pokéball. I watched him as we walked by, and dismissed him just as quickly. It was April making my horn tingle, of that, I was sure.

4. neaucleareactor5

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    And here begins the POV changes. They are marked by POV CHANGE.

I woke with a start, my horn waking me up with a jolt of urgency. Something was wrong. I looked around the room, half expecting to see immediate danger. It was dark and small, with nothing but a bed, a chair, and a nightstand. I slept on the floor while April slept in the small one-person bed. Thunder was lying on the chair, asleep. My horn sent another jolt of urgency through me, and I stood up. The danger was.... a mile and a half away, to the north. I walked over to the door and pressed down on the handle, opening it. I slipped out into the dimly lit hallway and walked towards the reception area. The reception area was mostly empty, the only signs of life being the lights illuminating the room. My horn began to tingle wildly now, and I cursed.

"What's wrong?" A Blissey asked, startling me. She was wearing a white nurse's apron, and holding her signature egg in a pouch.

"Not sure yet. There's-" I was cut off by my horn sending another jolt of urgency through me. "Be prepared to receive some Pokémon." I said quickly, and ran out of the Pokémon center. The night was cool and crisp, and strangely quiet. It was probably around 2 or 3 in the morning, and no one was out. I raced across the town, dodging in and out of alleys until I exited the city. About one hundred yards from the edge of town was the Viridian Forest, where my horn said the danger was coming from. I raced off into the night, dashing through the trees.

POV CHANGE: Ralts

I lay on the ground, utterly defeated. Three Beedrill hovered over me and my partner, who was trying to fend them off with a stick. I felt so useless. All I'd managed to do was KO one Beedrill. This was the fourth time this had happened too, if it wasn't for my partner James, I'd be long dead. I didn't understand why he didn't just give up on me. I was useless, after all.

"Don't worry, buddy. We'll get out of this." James said. I looked up at him. He had managed to fend the Beedrill off with a stick, but I didn't know how long that would last.

"KILL." The Beedrill buzzed. I shuddered.

"I'm sorry I got us into this mess again." James said. "But we'll get out of it, I promise." He sounded to be reassuring himself as much as he was reassuring me.

"More." I looked around in surprise. Who had said that? There was a low buzz, and a dozen more Beedrill rose up out of the trees, heading straight towards us. James cursed and dropped his stick, picking me up.

"We've gotta go." He muttered. I could sense he was afraid, but we were both powerless to do anything about it. He took off into the forest, but the Beedrill were closing in on us fast. The murderous intent radiating from them was almost overwhelming. What had we done to rile them up so much? They had attacked out of nowhere while we slept. Suddenly, James tripped, and we were sent tumbling over one another. The Beedrill surrounded us, buzzing murderously.

"KILL." They buzzed. I tried to struggle to my feet, but to no avail.

"W-Wait!" I said, but knew it was already too late. The Beedrill would kill us both. As if on cue, the Beedrill dove towards us, their stingers outstretched. James leapt over the top of me, protecting me. I closed my eyes and concentrated. If I could just squeeze out a confusion.....

"Now, now. What's got you guys so riled up?" Someone said. James stood up, still holding me. I looked around, and saw that an Absol was standing in between us and the Beedrill. Two Beedrill were encased in ice on the ground, and the remaining nine were flitting around nervously.

"KILL." They buzzed tentatively. Absol fired a razor wind at them, scattering the remaining Beedrill, and turned to us, shaking his head.

"You two ought to know better than to enter a forest at night." He said. His red eyes glared at both of us, hiding a sense of amusement behind his external glare. "Some really nasty Pokémon can pop out at night, escpecially in a forest like this one." I searched his emotions. He wasn't a happy Pokémon, but he wasn't necessarily a depressed or mean one either. The way he stood was relaxed, yet at the same time he appeared ready to fight. A thin white line ran down his front left leg, and I realized it was a scar. His head twitched to the side, and he frowned, turning around.

"More." The voice said again. I shuddered and watched in horror as at least thirty Beedrill came barreling towards us. Multiple other Pokémon came at us from the ground, including Spinarak, a few Skorupi, and even a Yanma and Scyther. All of them were radiating murderous intent.

"Well that's not good. Run." Absol said, and started to run. James followed him.

POV CHANGE: Mars

I ran alongside the boy, who I recognized as the one from the Pokémon center. The army of bug Pokémon behind us was catching up quickly. We probably wouldn't reach the edge of the forest by the time they did. If I only knew what Pokémon was controlling them...A Beedrill flew down in front of us and I leapt into action. I sprinted forwards and jumped off of a log, knocking down the Beedrill with a quick attack. Tsk. That voice, whoever it was, is the one controlling these Pokémon. The ringleader can't be too far away. I noted, letting the boy catch up. I took that time to slow down the bugs with an ice beam.

"Hey, can you use confusion?" I asked the Ralts in the boy's arms, matching the boy's speed. She shook her head.

"No, not right now." She said weakly. "I can't do much of anything..." I muttered a curse to myself and kept running. Our only choice would be to get out of the forest somehow. I'd have to hold off the army. I cursed again and glanced behind us. The bugs were getting closer.

"Oh, if only humans were faster." I muttered. The edge of the forest was about two hundred yards away. I could easily reach it in time, but the bugs would overtake the boy. I sighed and stopped, whirling around and releasing a razor wind.

"W-what are you doing?" Ralts asked. I growled at the bugs in defiance, trying to startle them.

"Get out of the forest. I'll hold them off." I said. The boy stopped running to look at me.

"Come on! We're almost there!" He said. I fired an ice beam, freezing the trees and ground directly in front of me. The Pokémon on the ground leapt back startled, and the flying Pokémon stopped to glare at me. It would give us five seconds, at the most.

"GO!" I roared. "I'll be fine. I'm an Absol; it's my job to protect others." I said, jerking my head towards the edge of the trees. The boy nodded, realizing what I meant.

"I'll bring help!" He yelled and ran off into the trees. The bugs didn't chase them, instead they circled me.

"You know, you guys are really beginning to bug me." I said. They spoke in one voice.

"KILL. YOU INTERFERED. WE MUST KILL YOU." They said. I growled.

"Buzz off. Unless you want to end up frozen." I snapped. The bugs surged forwards, and I attacked. A razor wind ripped through them, causing Beedrill to run into each other while I froze an entire line of Spinarak. Something hit my side and I was sent tumbling over, cursing. Someone had hit me with a pin missile attack. A Beedrill dive bombed me and struck me with a poison sting. I returned the favor by freezing it.

"KILL." A Scyther said, and struck me with fury attack repeatedly. I broke free from the onslaught and hit it with quick attack. It stumbled backwards and I hit it with a razor wind, sending it stumbling backwards. I cursed when it stood up. I wouldn't last much longer. There was a sudden surge, and, despite my best efforts, the bugs swarmed over me.

POV CHANGE: Ralts.

I opened my eyes, realizing that Absol was gone. His presence had been hidden from me under the swirling masses of bug Pokémon. James was muttering to himself, and I closed my eyes again. He was afraid, but also wanted to go back and help Absol. We were out of the forest now, and running towards the Pokémon center in Viridian. The streets were dead silent, almost in anticipation of what was to come next. We burst into the Pokémon center, and I immediately detected anxiety and worry. A girl was at the counter in her pajamas, talking to Joy. An Elekid was standing next to her. She whirled around when we entered; hope igniting in her for a second, which was quickly replaced by disappointment.

"Nurse Joy! Please take care of Ralts!" James said. Joy looked at James in disappointment.

"Now what did I say about going into the forest at night?" She chided him. Blissey looked at me worriedly.

"Did you happen to run into an Absol on the way back?" Blissey asked. I nodded.

"Yes. He's in the forest now, fighting off some bug Pokémon and needs help." I said. Worry crossed Blissey's face, and she turned to Joy, tugging at her apron.

"I'm sorry, I can't talk now, I've got to go back and help Absol!" James said, handing me to Joy. The girl's mouth dropped.

"Absol? That must be Mars! I'm coming with you." She said. She recalled her Elekid and followed James out the door at a sprint. I wanted nothing more than to go with them, but I knew that in my current condition I'd just get in the way. Joy muttered something worriedly.

"Blissey, you take care of Ralts. I'm going to contact Officer Jenny." Joy said.

"That won't be necessary." Another voice said. "I'll go after them." He said. I turned to look at the boy. He was about 16 or 17, with ruffled black hair. A red baseball hat sat on his head, and a Charizard stood next to him.

"Are you sure?" Joy asked. The boy nodded. "Thank you." Nurse Joy said. The boy grinned at her. I found it almost impossible to read him.

"Sure. C'mon, Jake." He said, and calmly walked out the door. Nurse Joy picked me up and sighed.

"Alright, Ralts. Let's get you fixed up." She said, and recalled me into my Pokéball.

POV CHANGE: Mars

The bugs swarmed off of me with a hiss, and I slowly stood up. My body ached, and I could feel that I was badly poisoned. It was a miracle I hadn't fainted yet.

"Hello." A voice hissed. I looked up, and found myself staring straight into the face of an Ariados. I growled weakly.

"What do you want?" I snapped. It laughed maliciously.

"Oh, I just want to be the one to finish you off." Ariados said.

"Good luck." I said. "You won't finish me off that easily." He laughed.

"Don't worry, it'll be quick. Besides, if you try to put up a fight, I'll just have my subordinates weaken you more." Ariados said. It slowly dawned on me that he must be the one pulling the strings. "You know, I've heard about you. The lone Absol in the Kanto region. You've caused quite a stir, coming here. Many Pokémon think that your appearance heralds the oncoming of many natural disasters. Is that true?" I shook my head.

"No." I said. "I'm here because I want to be." Ariados grinned wickedly.

"I thought so. Then I'll be able to kill you without any repercussions!" He said gleefully. It was this moment of elation that I struck, knocking him back with a pursuit. Ariados tumbled and I fired a razor wind. He dodged quickly. "You dare to-" I cut him off with an ice beam, freezing his legs to the ground. Suddenly his face was filled with fear.

"This is a lesson to you. Don't attack innocents anymore, or I will kill you." I said.

"Well?! Don't just stand there! Kill him!" Ariados screamed. The bugs surged forwards, but it was too late. Razor wind smashed into Ariados, sending him tumbling backwards, KO'd. There was a flash of light, and a Yanma fell to the ground. The rest of the bugs flitted backwards.

"Nice, Thunder!" April shouted. I cursed her. She shouldn't have come after me. Laughter filled the air, and five more Ariados appeared in the trees. April, Thunder, and the boy who I had told to go to the Pokémon center appeared, forming a circle around me.

"Congratulations on beating one of us." One of the Ariados hissed. "It's of no consequence, though. You will soon all perish. The fact that two humans and an Elekid came to rescue you makes no difference."

"Yeah? I'd like to see you try and get through me." Thunder said calmly. My right leg buckled, and I fell to the ground.

"Don't worry, Mars. I'll get you out of here." April said.

"Get out of here." I said weakly, struggling up to my feet again. "There's too many. I'll hold them off." I said. Thunder laughed nervously.

"Don't be acting all macho. You can barely stand." He said. I closed my eyes.

"Fine. Since you won't leave; aim for the Ariados. They appear to be the ringleaders." I said. Elekid nodded and whirled his arms, electricity crackling around him. Just before he fired, an enormous roar shook the forest. Everything froze at once, and out of the sky descended a Charizard, a human on his back. He landed with a thud, and spoke one word.

"Go." And the entire forest ran in fear. I shuddered. This Charizard commanded your attention; his mere presence caused me to shudder inwardly. The human leapt off of Charizard with a grin on his face. He had a red hat.

"Hello! My name is Red, and I'm the Champion of the Kanto region. Now, how about we get you all back to the Pokémon center?" He said. My legs fell out from under me, and I blacked out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.