1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The Arena - (Samus Aran vs. Megaman)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Madaraki, Jul 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Madaraki

Madaraki Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.0
    CURRENT MATCH: Samus Aran vs. Megaman

PREVIOUS MATCHES:
    Korra vs. Roronoa Zoro
    Batman vs. The Black Widow

First off; this seemed like the best place for this, despite the range of characters/teams that may be appearing in the debates. It's also more structured than something I'd normally consider a game, hence it not being placed in the games forum.

So what is "The VS. Arena"?

Simply put, I'll post a matchup of characters and/or teams and you all get to debate which one would win in a fight. In these debates I might referee here and there or nudge back a little, but I won't argue one way or another. In addition to the names being stated, I'll also state a few other factors.

SETTING: Where the fight is taking place.
    ERA: The version of the character really. "Man of Steel" Superman is considerably different from "Silver Age" Superman.
    BLOODLUST: "On" means that the character/team will fight with everything they've got from the start, heedless of any moral values or honor codes they may have. "Off" means they'll fight as they would.

After three days, I'll decide the winner based on which side presented the better argument (and I'll be unbiased. I might be a Doctor Doom fan, but if he goes up against Doctor Strange and Strange has better arguments made in his favor, he'll win).

Also, if you have suggestions for a matchup you'd like to see, PM them to me. As long as you don't suggest something horrendously one-sided like "Megatron vs. Papa Smurf", it'll likely be used.

So to start things off with a fairly simple matchup:

KORRA (Avatar The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra) vs. RORONOA ZORO (One Piece)

SETTING: In a forest with a small stream running through the middle of it.
    ERA- Korra: Start of the series (has firebending, waterbending, earthbending, but no airbending or energybending).
    ERA- Zoro: End of Skypeia arc (can do flying slashes).
    BLOODLUST: Off

Well, let's see how this goes. Go to it, people :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    In my opinion I think Korra has a pretty unfair advantage against Zoro.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Garudarocks

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    Yeah, Korra would win. I mean, she pretty much alters the environment around her to her liking O_O

4. Madaraki

Madaraki Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.0
    Again though: Keep in mind that due to settings this is Korra at the start of the series; she's also arguably at her most overconfident and inexperienced in anything beyond a training fight.

Just saying.

5. PokeMaster1

PokeMaster1 Dragon Tamer

PokéPoints:
    ₽141.3
    I think Zoro would win this fight. I mean, sure Korra can control fire, water n earth, but Zoro can easily use his swords to block them. Plus her bending isn't as strong in the start of the series.

6. Madaraki

Madaraki Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.0
    Actually her fire, water, and earthbending is pretty good at the start, considering she was pulling off all three when she was a little kid. She's impressed enough of the Order in those areas. Its her fighting expertise in anything beyond stadium training that's lacking.

7. Pyramid King

Pyramid King Just checking on things

Egg
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽66.6
    wait are we talking about "the legend of korra" here

8. Pokechu

Pokechu Hex Maniac

Belle
    (Buneary)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽69.6
    I think Korra would win, since at the start of the series, doesn't she know about 2 or 3 elements? Zoro is that guy who was bad at first but became good in the first series of Avatar, right? He only knows the fire element :o
    If Zoro is another guy, then I think Korra would still win, since she's kinda op xD.

9. Madaraki

Madaraki Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.0
    [quote name='Pyramid King' timestamp='1375213602' post='33050']
    wait are we talking about "the legend of korra" here

[/quote]

Yes, the Korra from Legend of Korra.

That's Zuko who was a firebender of varying allegiances. This is Zoro from One Piece.

10. Pokechu

Pokechu Hex Maniac

Belle
    (Buneary)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽69.6
    Oh. I never heard about One Piece, so I'll still go with Korra xD.

11. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Yeah, Zoro really does have an unfair advantage in this fight, he would probably lose because she's been given a much better advantage, as you said her bending is pretty good at the start.

12. Madaraki

Madaraki Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.0
    It's a case of being pretty good in multiple areas vs. being very good in a single area.

13. ShinraTensei

ShinraTensei School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    I say zoro would probably win, he could probably dodge, block and cut through anything she uses.

14. Trainer_Ebony

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    I love Korra, but Zoro's got this one. At the start of the series she was slower, not so mobile with her more powerful terrain changing attacks since she learned the lightfooted styles from Bolin. Zoro on the other hand is fast and adaptable. She would be done in moments, before she would realy take him seriously. Essentially, her over confidence and slowed movements would be the end of her.
    And a note, again going to her over confidence and the short length of the likely battle, she would likely be using her standard fire bending at first, completely killing the terrain changes rather than simply limiting them. itd be one fire blast, zoro would slash through, breaking it and ending her in the same motion

Madaraki likes this.
  15. Madaraki

Madaraki Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.0
    Honestly; I'm handing this one to Zoro. More people called it for Korra, but again; this is judged on debate and argument, and Trainer Ebony put out a fairly solid argument as to why Zoro would win.

THE NEXT MATCH IS...

BATMAN vs. THE BLACK WIDOW

Setting: An empty warehouse with crates and metal trailers scattered about. Windows are only in the ceilings and all doors are closed.
    Era - Batman (Version and skillset of the character at the end of Batman Begins.)
    Era - Black Widow (Version and skillset of the character at the end of The Avengers.)
    Bloodlust: ON

(To re-iterate; bloodlust being "ON" means that both characters will fight with lethal intent, going all out from the very start of the match.)

Go to it :)

16. Trainer_Ebony

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Batman, or atleast that incarnation of batman, as I do not read the comics, cannot have bloodlust 'on', as he has a thing against killing. Just a point I had to make, and now to my argument, Batman would still win. Gloriously stealthy, better equiped, and with weapons and vehicles crafted by our Lord and Savior, Morgan Freeman... Very one sided fight.
    Also...
    [​IMG]

17. Madaraki

Madaraki Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.0
    In short, Batman and Black Widow will be fighting all out from the start, regardless of any codes or ethics they may normally hold.

18. Madaraki

Madaraki Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.0
    I...am just gonna call this one a draw. Pooey. *was hoping for more posts/debating*

CANNON ARM BRAWL:
    (At the request of T.E.

SAMUS ARAN vs. MEGAMAN

SETTING: A small empty platform floating in a void (Final Destination essentially).
    ERA: Both wearing their suits/armor with respective capabilities/weaknesses.
    Bloodlust: OFF

19. Cobalt

Cobalt I'M A HURRICANE

PokéPoints:
    ₽64.6
    Samus Aran. She could freeze MegaMan with her Ice Beam and knock him off the platform, or even just go for a Power Bomb. Over instantly.

20. Banshee

Banshee Pokémon Professor

Gregg the Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽62.1
    Despite Megaman having a lot of endurance, I cannot help but feel that Samus would win the battle between the two.

The reason being; Samus is not only a skilled Hunter but she has a variety of equipped weapons with her at all times. Launching rockets to ice beams to plasma beams to heat rays etc. She also has the ability to dodge dangerous attacks with curling up into her Morph ball and rolling aside. Not to mention, she can plant bombs in this state too. Samus is also fairly fast and can jump rather high. (though she is not super fast >>; ) I feel that she even would study the movement of her opponent too.

Megaman would also be hesitant on fighting against her because she is also human. Despite the robotic appearance. Megaman has a bit of an issue with harming humans. Probably because of his good nature and all of that fun hero stuff. :) I also think that if Samus sees an opponent as a threat, she won't hesitate to beat the crap out of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.