1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The Berry Farm

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Megarai111, Aug 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    Game Freak made a nice farming inclusion by adding your very own Berry Farm to Pokémon X and Y! Here, you could grow all kinds of Berries as much as you'd like (you'd have to watch out to not run out of space though!), no matter what weather condition it was! Convenient, eh?
    if only real life was that easy...

What did you think of the Berry Farm? Did you use it or not? Why did you use it or not? Would you like to see it return in the future games or would you rather have several small groups of Berry trees all throughout the region like in DPPt, RSE and ORAS?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,884.6
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I actually think the best berry thing was the berry pot in HGSS. I did like the mutant crossbreed aspect of X and Y though. In the end the Berry farm is hurt by a lack of potent uses for it. Aside from making hundreds of Poffins/pokeblocks, or for specific (and fairly inefficient) training styles, there really ins't much value to the berries(with a possible exception to Leppa berries which are free ethers.... should you need those). In fact, as I've written this I had a thought, what if you could use berries to make your own medicines in the future? That could be cool

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LunarRabbitPikachu

LunarRabbitPikachu Angel of the Moon

Saura
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37.7
    Moon Ball ★★★★Poké Ball ★GS Ball ★★★★★Mario Mushroom ★
    I didn't really like the part with the berry farm being in one spot. It sort of ruins the part on traveling around the world to see each different berry in different areas. The fact you can have multiple berries (ex: 2 Oran berries + 1 leppa berry) by using the soil is cool though, but it gets difficult as you keep doing it. Plus, when you get berries that do not do much in X/Y (ex: Razz berries, Pinap berries, Nanab berries, and etc.), they don't really help much in the game. I prefer to walk around the region looking for berries like D/P/PT & OR/AS. It makes the game more fun and you can use ALL of the berries in them.

4. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I never used it in XY, it was pointless, they put in the application of growing but there were useless berries. I wish there had been contest or just add pokepuff making using the berries, anything. They were pretty useless for me in end and the berry farm was another thing I forgot about

5. Pitmore

Pitmore Mild Internal Pain

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    The berry farm was that thing which i said"I'm gonna use this because the mechanics are cool" and I grinded and spammed the place with oran berries and I didn't come back for 2 months and then I just went "eh" and left it.

it was a really cool place and I thought GF made a nice addition but it was one of those things which I just couldn't be bothered to do. I'd like to see little patches here and there with the same functions though, that'd be really nice.

6. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I thought it was a nice added feature to XY. It wasn't as useful as the ORAS berry spot locations, but I like the fact that it actually returned to the games. The fact that it is in one spot does bother me a bit.

7. Toxic

Toxic Idk I'm bored

Lugia Egg
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽176.8
    It was quite useful actually. Hoping it'll make it's way to generation 7. Having to go out and look for the berries can be quite frustrating.

8. TheBlazingInfernape

TheBlazingInfernape Gone, probably forgotten

Wildfire
    (Monferno)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.7
    Do you want endless supplies of Lum, Chesto and Sitrus berries? Do this and you will never run out of berries again. Seriously you have no clue what this did to Competitive play. Pokémon like Azumarill, Dragonite, Rotom-W, Garchomp and other OU threats abused the ever living hell out of this mechanic. It wasn't as scary as the Berry Pot in HG/SS *shudders*.

9. YouHoney

YouHoney Snow wanderer

PokéPoints:
    ₽135.9
    Berry farming has always been dear to me and i loved the breeding and mutations! Added a nice gimmick to an old mechaninc. I hope it returns.

10. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    I didn't really do anything with it, myself. Mostly because I wasn't sure how lol, I feel bad for neglecting those poor berries.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.