1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The Best Of Sinnoh

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Zeta, Apr 21, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeta

Zeta School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    So Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl were the first games of Generation 4, the first generation of the Nintendo DS. The games, as well as Pokémon Platinum which was released later on, took part in the Sinnoh Region, a region that had a large mountain through the middle of it as well as the strangest weather which made the region seem much larger than it actually was. The games introduced many new things to Pokémon, as well as bringing over some of the older stuff, but what did you like the most about Sinnoh? was it the Pokémon, the cities, the character or something else?

Personally i really liked the evolutions for the older Pokémon, especially Electivire, Porygon-Z, Mamoswine, Gallade,Rhyperior, Ambipom, Weavile and my personal favourite of them all, Togekiss. All of them deserved the evolution I think as before they did look like they needed to evolve (especially Togetic and Piloswine).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Wiso Altred

Wiso Altred Dragon Tamer

tetsu
    (Ledyba)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽66.8
    1.I loved sinnough and its terrains and its kind of the only generation where having defog matters.

2.DIALGA IS AWSOME , and yes the evoultions

3.i liked the storyline Especially the Myths of sinnough and the Calavan Library it was awsome

Isnt heartgold the first Nintendo ds game?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Thunder

Thunder The Alolan Archer

PokéPoints:
    ₽88.1
    @[member="Wiso Altred"]: NO,Heart Gold and Soul Silver came out after Diamond and Pearl.

Sinnoh was the best of all time and I hope Game Freak make those remakes we want of them. Sinnoh was just so fun,I literally can't say anything else! The story,the characters everythingn was great! Sinnoh please us PokeFans and get remakes!

4. Celly

Celly Bug Catcher

Legend
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3.7
    I also really did like the evolutions that were added along with the Pokémon that were added. But I overall loved the story line and Team Galactic (Not sure if I spelled it right). Cyrus was a true nutcase in my opinion (Besides Ghetis in B/W/BW2) and the Admins were named after planets if no one noticed (I'm into that kind of stuff, with planets and astrology). The battles were pretty challenging to me.

I also enjoyed the legendaries. Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. Dialga was my personal favorite out of the 3. Also, Giratina was a hidden secret in D/P. Although it was the legendary of Platinum, you could find it in D/P by going to (Enter Cave Name Here).

5. J.J. Knight

J.J. Knight IMΔGINE|DREΔM|CREΔTE

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    I adore Cynthia and the expansion on the Pokémon Lore. The creation trio and the inclusion of Arceus as "God" is amazing.

6. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Sinnoh didn't have very much to offer in comparison to other regions, but my favorite thing about the region was the introduction to a lot of new, cool,m stronger and useful moves, as well as the physical/special split mechanic. The snow route was pretty cool, and the games had some decent music. Looker was introduced too. Other than those things, I can't really find anything else that particularly made me more fond of the region.

7. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I agree with everyone saying the local lore was awesome. The introduction of a poke-god, as well as embodiments of Time and Space (very big concepts) and whatever the heck Giratina represents (a corruption of Time and Space, having weaker control over both? Alternate physical dimensions as a whole?), as well as legendaries symbolizing aspects of human psychology (an equally big concept (the lake trio)).

I think the visual differences based on gender and similar factors were nice, but I could live without them. The biggest thing for me gameplay wise was the Physical-Special split, like some others have said. I think that makes almost as big of an impact in battling as breeding does. Almost.

8. AzrielCais

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    I loved Sinnoh. Takes the top 2 in my list because I find Hoenn more nostalgic. But other than that Sinnoh would have beat it.

So many new mechanics, they kept the battle frontier, post game was also great. My fav starter since then has always been Torterra. The weather of Sinnoh was unique compared to the other regions and put a lasting impression on me as Sinnoh being cold and beautiful. Not to mention the additional stories (some like the guy murdering Pokémon for fun was just wrong tho). Cynthia was also a very memorable champion. Like Blue she doesn't really have a type specialty, but her team is more versatile and adaptable, especially with Spiritomb not having a weakness back then. Also being able to travel some maps with NPC's constantly healing your teams is kinda handy. Just wished they continued that. Safari zone was also very interesting. You were really forced to come visit it again and again just to find everything. Sinnoh also held the memory of my first hacked mon from a friend - a shiny Magikarp that knew nothing but Hydro Pump and Spacial Rend.

Other than that the only thing that annoyed me was how fat Purugly was.

Zeta likes this.
  9. GlaceonSilver

PokéPoints:
    ₽621.6
    Sinnoh was...... eh..... not that great.....

I honestly don't enjoy sinnoh as a region. Something about it just irks me, and I really can't put my finger on it. I think my biggest complaint would be the graphics, they honestly look like they belong on the gba. But hey, it was the first DS Pokémon game, so I'll let it slide. On ething is fr sure though, the positives far outweigh the negatives.

I think my faveourite part of sinnoh was all the lore and backstory crammed into it. Everywhere you went, there'd be some sort of interesting thing about how a town or route came to be, and it really makes the world more believable.

I also love all the sinnoh Pokémon. I think gen 4 is kind've like Pokémon's highest acheivment, and now it's slowly sloping down. The Pokémon in this game were all fantastic, memorable and cool. I also like all the evolutions they gave older Pokémon. Porygon-Z is really nice, Weavile is a beast, and the 2 new eveelutions we got, Glaceon and Leafeon, are, in my opinion, the best designed eveelutions.

10. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    My favorite thing about Sinnoh was the region itself and the new evolutions we got. Gliscor and Gible are my most favorite Pokémon, so of course I love Sinnoh! I want Sinnoh remakes.

Oh and Lake Valor of course. 8)

11. Shiran

Shiran School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽22.0
    Sinnoh is by far my favorite region because of the history and geography of it all. Everywhere from Snowpoint to Pastoria City is just so interesting! I love the overall story and Team Galactic the most though, and how none of the Commanders knew FULLY of Cyrus' plan- just bits and pieces, and they all had their different reasons for being loyal to Team galactic and Cyrus.
    Also, I love the new ghost types it brought us. Like Drifloon/Drifblim, Mismagius, Spiritomb, Giritina, Rotom, Froslass ... *u*

12. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    Alot was said above, and it's a bit hard trying not to repeat everything.
    I loved Riolu, and Lucario. Riley was one of the best companions, and I loved that you could have double teams with some NPC's. I liked the whole space thing to Team Galactic, and I liked the meteors in Veilstone. Besides the lore, and everything else mentioned above, I think that was it!

13. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I was absolutely stunned with the jump in graphics and that was by far my favorite aspect. Having these games come right after R/S/E made them all the more cool-looking given how big the improvement was.. just loved looking at everything aaaa. Exploring the new features and vast region of Sinnoh was too exciting and I still remember being so immersed in everything thanks to the lovely graphics. No regrets spending $60 to import the game from Japan! The Pokémon designs were probably my least favorite but other things more than made up for it.

also Cynthia and her theme hrrg <33

14. manaphyseaangel101

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.0
    I agree! Generation 4 is hands down my favorite generation of all time. The music was cool, the region was vibrant and colorful, there was a lot of things to do, the story was awesome, especially in Platinum, the characters were also great, and the Pokémon were just amazing. I`m sure that nearly everyone uses some kind of gen 4 Pokémon on their team, even if they don`t like the generation. I really want to see a remake of Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum soon. Not only that, but it was my first Pokémon generation. I even have to say that Diamond and Pearl was the best season of the anime as well, next to the original series.

15. manaphyseaangel101

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.0
    I`m also an aspiring writer, and I can`t tell you how much gen 4, and all of Pokémon in general, has inspired in my work, even the non-fanfiction. Also, I love space and mythology, so this was perfect.

16. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Personally, I love the Sinnoh region for the evolutions to previous Pokémon as well. Though the lore comes pretty close second to me.
    I loved how some Pokémon who weren't so special before were given new evolutions to boost their popularity. For example, not many people liked Togetic or Magneton, but introducing these new evolutions, Togekiss and Magnezone, they were sought after more often. It really makes me happy since they improved on so many designs and came up with some of my favorite Pokémon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.