1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The Cheerful Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ✯Ho-OhLugia✯, Jul 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    Howdy!

It's unfortunately true that no matter where we are in a community, there will always be somebody, if not, everybody who is facing problems that seem too tough to handle. Now, being one who loves all (yes, you dear reader are my friend and sibling and I love you no matter who you are, and will always love you, no matter what you did in your life), I cannot bear to see somebody feeling miserable or sad about each other.

The people in online communities, whether it be a forum site or an art gallery are undoubtedly family to me. It pains me to see anybody sad, lonely, depressed or miserable. Here, I have formulated a thread to list things that could possibly cheer you up if you are down.

We can talk amongst ourselves and have a small discussion and list ways to cheer each other up if any one of us are facing tough situations.

Now, why don't we concoct "potions" that would turn a frown upside down?

1. Watch Disney movies on a constant basis:

It doesn't matter what constant is (once a day, once a week, once a fortnight), but this method actually works. Some may have noticed that recently I have been feeling quite depressed, but it's no wonder that watching various Disney Movies (Big Hero 6, Brother Bear, Tangled, Frozen, The Emperor's New Groove and Toy Story) have set me back onto my positive self. I felt better at Tangled, and now I have regained most of the positivity that I lost. Even though my life is hard and difficult to endure, Disney Movies have set me back onto the right track and shifted me to gain a positive and healthy mindset.

I'm not sure if it has to be Disney, but whatever suits your taste.

2. Love Yourself, but love others to believe it.

I love everybody. Children. Animals. Politicians. Even criminals! I always used to love everybody. But when I was sad, I found myself disliking myself. Why? I didn't know. I knew it was wrong though. I looked back for a while, and I knew how to be happy with myself. Not only to accomplish something, but to love other people like my brothers and sisters.

This may be harder for others than some, but it is doable. Someone once told me that "There is always this one person that you have to hate", and it stuck with me. It angered me, but did I lash out? No. I used it as a boost. I can love everybody, and it will make me feel better about myself. If I don't have a talent that I can be the best at, then I can accomplish an almost impossible mission: love everybody.

And by that, I mean respect. Sacrifices were in order for me, sometimes I was withheld from stating an opinion, but that doesn't have to be the case for you. Just treat people with respect (and it means ignoring people that make you want to fume) and it'll lead on to something better.

3. Distraction Satisfaction

One thing that helped me from not thinking about sadness were 'distractions'. I decided not to dwell on my thoughts, but rather, did things that wouldn't prompt my mind to think badly about myself by doing things such as a) watching Disney movies, b) searching things that interested me (in my case, it was poorly done animated films) and c) drawing in a new sketch pad.

I believe that wounds heal, and they take time. Scars may not heal, but there is always a way to lift the load of the bearer of that scar.

4. A change of mindset is in order

Being positive and forcing it was a way to help me - but to force it in a positive way. It was hard at the beginning to change my mindset from a gloomy put-downer into a positive up-booster. Where I would think t myself: "I am a worthless person who can't draw [character] even if my life depended on it." Then, I would say "No, you CAN do it,". But then I would give up and moan in bed. It happened for a while, but instead of moaning, I tried to draw that character and it just kept on turning out wrong. First, I would quit and put the pencil down, but then I'd say, "No. It's a good drawing and I'm proud of it." Then I would draw some more maybe the next day and say, "It's not right, but I love it,", then, "It's not right but has some Elena magic added to it," And finally, I love my mistakes because they make my drawings like I did them.

Even to this day I still can't draw him right, but I'll get there.

I can say that restoring someone's heart isn't easy, but let's make each other happy people because I believe in all of you!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Pokémist and LostSpirit like this.
  2. Teddybear2345

Teddybear2345 Which is cooler, to be cool, or uncool?

PokéPoints:
    ₽529.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Bicycle ★★Razz Berry ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Slowpoke Tail ★★★★
    Well what makes me "cheerful" is music/rotation on a daily basis, writing
    and making others laugh and smile, most of all!

I am not happy, unless my mates are happy!

Though my happiness is often shown in odd variables.
    Not too far apart and not too close either.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.