1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The *Constant* Callers

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Dragon, Feb 11, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragon

Eevee (J)
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽45.7
    Ever notice that mom calls us really, really often in the HG/SS games? Like really; every 15 minutes, it happens for me., her saying the same thing: "I found an item in the store, so I bought it with your money. Sorry!" Not that I can complain, because she gives cool stuff sometimes, but that BEGS the question: How many times does she go shopping per day?

[​IMG]

Well, here's the question of this thread: Do you have your mom calling you so many times within the hour or day while playing or perhaps another NPC that just obsesses over calling you? Do you usually ignore it after a time, or still have that urge to answer them even though you know what they're going to say?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,991.4
    It's also not unheard of for them to call you by mistake

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Northwind's Call

PokéPoints:
    ₽91.5
    What do you mean by 'in Pokémon'? Some random person in Arizona calls me seven times every Saturday between three and six in the afternoon. I still have not worked up the courage to answer them.

Treecko007 likes this.
  4. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Well, it's realistic having your mother call you numerous times a day to check up on you, especially if you're a mere 10 year-old child who's on a lone journey. If I were ever a parent, I'd be pretty worried too.

5. guest

PokéPoints:
    ₽723.0
    I still answer all the calls despite knowing what to expect, cause I feel kinda bad otherwise >V>;; Darned NPCs making me feel guilty
    Joey is definitely one that calls a lot. I answer each time expecting the top percentage Rattata line but most of the time it isn't :(

6. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    I only answer calls from my mother. I ain't got time to listen to Joey and his effing Ratata that I still KO.

7. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I just assumed mom did online shopping.
    Anyhow, I never really picked up the phone unless it was gym leaders, professor elm, or mom. I never really cared for the other npcs.

8. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    I always picked up the phone only to be disappointed again. I got really really sick of all of the constant useless calls. I went to my mom and stopped giving her the money so that she would shut up.

9. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I got called so often in HG/SS that I started ignoring pretty much everything. Pretty sure you could ignore calls from your mother too, right? ...it's been too long since I played HG/SS. v~v But that's kind of cold lmao but doesn't bother me since it was too frequent. I like my peace and quiet when I'm playing. ;)

10. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I actually don't mind them that much. Sometimes they have some interesting things to say or want to give me items, or maybe even rematch me. Though some of them are just boring. I don't care if you failed to catch Pidgey.

11. Treecko007

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I personally enjoyed the calls
    then they kept coming
    and coming
    they never stopped
    until the point where I would only answer Joey's calls

12. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    I liked Joey's calls. They were the best.
    Besides that, I kind of hacked HG/SS for no calls. Ever. It was silent after that.

13. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    I answered every call. After call. After call. Which is, for me, not annoying. It's just annoying when they call after being in the union room, and then I press the 'Pokémon' button, and the call stops, and I don't get to know what they say. For some reason, I think they're going to say something that's different than what they usually say, but it isn't, and I know.

14. Pendraflare

Pendraflare Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I remember one episode of Marriland's Heart Gold Wedlocke where he was going through a large water route, and his character's mom was calling him after every fight. And he would yell at every occasion of it. It's funny when that happens, but once you have the Focus Sash and the Choice Scarf there's really not much point in having her hold your money anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.