1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The decade in review

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Dawn, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    The 2010s are almost over! How have the last 10 years been for you? What did you accomplish? Were the 2010s better or worse than the 2000s? What are your hopes for the 2020s?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    The 2010s have been all over the place for me, but for the most part they have been enjoying. Starting out, I was a quiet third grader with only one friend. Now I am a high school senior with years of volunteering experience. To save room, I’ll divide accomplishments, struggles and future goals into different spoiler tags.
    I kept consistent A’s in my English classes for the entire decade.

I recovered from a deep depression within a year.

I finally began to open up with my grandparents after years of silence.

I raised over $600 on my own for cancer research.

I donated over 200 books from my own collection to my Elementary school.

I installed hundreds of smoke alarms for the Red Cross over the last 4 years.

I got a nearly perfect score on my ACT reading comprehension test.

I realized my sexuality with little issue.

I quit my social media habit and it drastically improved my mental health.

I learnt how to quit holding grudges.

I developed thicker skin.

I started to relax while in public and look a bit more natural.
    I was diagnosed with general anxiety disorder at age 11, the exact same disorder that has run in my family for generations.

I transferred myself out of two schools simply because I was picked on too much.

I got severe depression at 14 and had to be pulled out of school for half a year.

My beloved childhood cat died at 7.

Many classmates who were friendly to me were turned away because I was afraid to respond.

Unsolicited pictures of me with nasty captions have been uploaded onto social media for three years.

I received countless personal attacks for reporting classmates who were nasty to me. (This still happens in public fairly frequently)

My Moms broke up after spending several years arguing over every little thing.

I have struggled to keep up with my schoolwork since I switched to online classes.
    Finish college with a Japanese Literature degree.

Become proficient in Japanese (fluency will take far longer than 10 years).

Secure a localization/translation job.

Find a place to move in for the long term.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...