1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gen 6 The DexNav: What are your thoughts on it?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by OzoneFruit, Feb 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I recently began replaying ORAS for the heck of it, and one of the things I've realized I miss a lot in Gen 7 is the DexNav.

For those who haven't played ORAS, the DexNav functioned kind of like a Pokeradar 2.0, where you could chain Pokémon on a route after catching them at least once. The more times your encountered a Pokémon (just through regular gameplay, not necessarily chaining), the more likely you could later chain for it and get better IVs, Hidden Abilities, and even moves that were usually exclusive to breeding! (Along with the ever-nice chance of finding a shiny as well ;) )

So, for those who have played ORAS, what are your opinions on the DexNav? Did you enjoy it? Did you find it tedious? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I thought it was the perfect upgrade. You could search for any Pokémon that appeared on that route, given that you'd at least seen it. Made hunting for really rare Pokémon SOOOOO much easier, and with good egg moves to boot.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    I personally enjoy it and I wish they would bring it back. The radar was more tedious in my opinion and I found the dex nav much easier to use and achieve. Plus the dex nav is useful almost anywhere while the radar was only good in grass.

4. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    I loved the DexNav and really wish they had kept it for the Gen VII games. It was really nice being able to see what Pokémon were available in the area. My only real complaint was how spotty calling Pokémon was. I feel like trying to call a Pokémon to me worked less than 1/10th of the time, which was really annoying. Other than that, it was great.

5. Pika

Pika Hiker

Topaz
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽335.9
    I was absolutely devastated that they didn't keep the dexnav going into gen 7. I can't say that I'm all that SURPRISED since functions like that rarely transfer from game to game, but like people above have said, it made searching for Pokémon much easier. It was super useful to me in completing the Pokédex since it showed silhouettes of the Pokémon on the route I hadn't encountered yet. And finding Pokémon with egg moves? *kiss noise*

ShinigamiMiroku likes this.