1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The Evolution

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by 7Demented, Mar 24, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 7Demented

7Demented Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽119.6
    The Director glared at the Gijinkas. How dare they refuse to battle? He pushed a button to activate an intercom, glaring at the Haunter. "No. All matchups are final." His attention diverted to the others. "If you do not cooperate," he stated fiercely, "then you shall be removed. Permantly." This seemed to get everyone's attention. "Now, everyone will fight their own battles. No substitutions, and no interference. Doing so shall result in your removal. Understand?" Esther looked at him, mouth agape and eyes pleading. How twisted could this man be?! "Please, no!" she cried. "We never-"

She was cut off by a backhanded slap to the face, causing her to fall to the ground. "Shut up!" The Director shouted. "I make the rules here!" Esther nearly broke down into tears. She had never been more frightened in her life.

Tetris shook his head. <No,> he replied, <If anyone deserves to be free, it's you.> He looked up, his eyes misty with tears. <I want you to fight with all your strength. I'm not going to go down easily, but I want to know you can defend yourself, Effie. If anything goes wrong, I want to know you can get away from all this.> He reached for his sword and put his hand on the grip. "We're ready," he muttered to the Director.

"Excellent. Begin!"

With that, Tetris leaped forward, sword drawn and readying a Bullet Punch. He prayed to Arceus that this ended quickly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Vanillite

Vanillite Cat Lady

PokéPoints:
    ₽139.4
    Lumi gave a bashful wave at Gareth, the tall Empoleon. He looked like a knight from a fairytale to Lumi. Big, strong, and brave. The Litwick couldn't help but look up to him. "H-Hi Gareth."

The Empoleon stood up for him along for his mother when the mean director man tried to get him to fight. He rubbed his tear streaked face, shocked a stranger would stick up for him. He had trouble trusting people, especially after his parents abandoning him. "M-Mr. Gareth.."

He clung to his mother, giving her a heartbroken look. "But Mommy, you look so tired. I don't want you to get hurt.. i will fight for you.." He had to protect his mother, no matter what! Even if he lost, he wanted his mother to go free. "I-I dunno if i'll win though.." he nervously glanced at his opponent, a herdier boy. He looked as though he could pack a mean bite..

WHAM! Effie was flown backwards from the force of Tetri's Bullet Punch. She sniffled and rubbed her cheek, which was stinging from the pain. She'd never really been in a fight before. Well, the one's she had been in were with regular humans, and she refrained from using her powers. His words right before his attack had touched her heart. He wanted her to be free and safe; far from this place. <T-Tetris.. I won't let you down!> She said in her mind, trying to fill herself with confidence.

As she stood, she closed her eyes and relaxed, allowing electricity course through her veins rapidly. When she opened her eyes again, her body was radiating electricity. If he came close to her, there was a chance he'd be paralyzed by electricity. He'd caught her off guard in the beginning of this fight, but she really wanted to prove herself to him. However, she dreaded hurting.

Looking up above her, she noticed the top of the arena was covered by a thick glass ceiling. Looking beyond that, she noticed the sky darkening with black clouds, as if it were about to rain. She took a deep breath and focused on a particularly very dark cloud. Raising her delicate gloved hand, she listened to the thunder roar, and the lightning light up the dark cloud. In a split second, the lightning made its way out of the cloud.

The blue-white lightning twisted rapidly about outside, above the ceiling, as if it was just waiting to smash its way through. Her gloved hand became more electrified than the rest of her already electric-pulsating body. It was as if she slender,feminine hand had an invisible line connected to the lightning above her.

She whispered quietly to herself, tears filling her eyes yet again. "I'm sorry, Tetris.." She dropped her hand down quickly, sadly, next to her body. The lightning reacted to her movements, smashing roughly through the glass ceiling, moving extremely quickly towards Tetris. As it made contact with his body, she knew the powerful bolt would do some damage, and she clenched her fists, upset she was hurting this boy she really liked. She looked up at him, sadness in her eyes as she saw his body writhing in pain, much like she was earlier from his bullet punch.

"Thunderbolt.." she spoke to herself yet again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Trainer_Ebony

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Cheio growled, his fist clenched tight. Another first in his emotions, rage flowed from the spirits body. Red slowly flowed over his eyes, and flares of blue flashed around him for a moment. This rage only lasted a moment, however, before Cheio collected himself, his eyes closing and his posture shifting to a meditative state.

~... I could leave.. but he might take it out on the others... If I challange him, I'm not sure what he can do... Come now, Cheio, there must be a way out of this!~

(~...~ indicates a personal thought, however, with all our minds linked, it comes through as if through heavy static on the radio.)

4. 7Demented

7Demented Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽119.6
    Tetris was thrown back from the force of Effie's Thunderbolt attack. It left him on the ground for a few seconds, paralyzed and nearly unable to move. After a few seconds, he pulled himself to his feet, slowly, yet smiling; he replaced his sword in its sheath. "I knew you wouldn't let me down, Effie!" he shouted to her. "I have faith in you!" The Lucario charged and leaped into the air, pulling off a somersault before throwing a few Dragon Pulses at the Ampharos. It felt good to battle, oddly enough. Landing neatly on the ground behind his opponent, he fired an Aura Sphere at her, hoping to catch her off-guard.

5. Vanillite

Vanillite Cat Lady

PokéPoints:
    ₽139.4
    Effie couldn't help but smile at Tetris's words, despite how heated their attacks were. Surprisingly enough, she gracefully dodged his Dragon Pulses. She looked forward, hoping to give him a wink before attacking him, but was shocked to find he wasn't in front of her. The ampharos's breathe got caught in her throat, and she felt as though her heart had stopped. She had no idea where the Lucario had went. Turning slowly, she was blasted back by a powerful Aura Sphere.

She flew back, the force being great. Quickly thinking, she sent a signal beam flying towards him, hoping that the mystical beam would throw him back, or into confusion. She landed on the grown in a pile of dust, coughing. The foul and metallic taste of blood in her mouth. She stood slowly, wincing in pain. It felt as though she had broken a rib. The bruised blonde faced the Lucario, eyes flooded with tears and determination. "I can't let him down.." she thought, as she got into a fighting stance, already calculating her next moves.

6. 7Demented

7Demented Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽119.6
    Tetris rolled to his left to dodge the Signal Beam launched at him. Once the bright light flew past, he sprinted towards the Ampharos girl with insane speed and agility. Quickly determining the best course of action, he slid and swept his foot underneath Effie's feet. His attempt to knock her down failed, but it seemed to cause her to lose balance. The Lucario jumped back in case of a counter-attack, then charged in, Shadow Claw at the ready. Slashing upwards, Tetris hoped his attack would land, sending the girl skyward and allowing him to make another move.

7. Fleck

Fleck Sailor

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Arlo was, oddly enough, bemused by this news. He got to fight, even if it wasn't with the caretakers of the facility, and it was for a chance to get out! He had no idea if he would actually come back to help the others, since he didn't know them too well, but that'd be an issue for later on, after he won. He had an overconfidence in his abilities, but he didn't realize that he did. Despite all the positives, he just wasn't sure if he wanted to fight the others. So long as the ones that didn't want to fight got taken out in the first few rounds, then maybe he'd avoid having the conflict of fighting those who didn't want to fight. He could fight those, but it felt wrong of him. Maybe at the end he'd challenge this "Director" guy. That'd be fun.

Snapping back to his own fight ahead, he'd figure he'd talk to his future opponent while the current fight went on. He went over to Gareth, acting proud as ever. "Looks like we're next. I'm not going to go easy, if there's any chance of getting out, I'm taking it." he said flatly, trying to puff himself up to seem dangerous. The puffing up he always does probably has lost its effect, as he has puffed up to many people often. But Arlo didn't care, it was just a habit now when he confronted others. He probably didn't even think he was even doing it. He glanced out of the corner of his eye at the match at hand, and the energy off of it rubbed off of him, he was getting pretty excited to be told it was okay to fight, to allow himself to go all out. But he waited, impatiently, as best as he could.

8. Vanillite

Vanillite Cat Lady

PokéPoints:
    ₽139.4
    Before she could even blink, Tetris was coming at Effie as fast as lightening. He'd managed to cause her to lose her balance, sending her flopping down on her ass. Looking up, fear in her eyes, she saw the Lucario coming at her, about to uppercut her with a Shadow Claw. Squealing in fear, she endured the hit. Of course, it caused her to go skyward in pain. However, Effie wasn't going to give up yet. Though she was feeling the sting from the Shadow Claw, the Ampharos had something up her sleeves.

Focusing on Tetris, tiny shards of extremely bright light formed around her. Pointing her fingers at Tetris, the bright Power Gems shot themselves at blinding speed at the Lucario. She knew it wouldn't do much damage, but the brightness from the gems would make it hard for him to see for a few minutes. Landing on her feet after being hit by the Shadow Claw, she winced in pain, but ran full speed at Tetris. As she made her way in front of him, she had her palm open. Slamming it into his stomach, she sent a Thunderbolt coursing through him, before stepping backwards to assess the situation, panting.

9. 7Demented

7Demented Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽119.6
    Tetris thought this fight was over already as soon as he nailed his opponent with Shadow Claw. He was quickly proven wrong, as the Ampharos shot Power Gems at him. It didn't hurt a lot, but ultimately the Lucario's vision became screwed up; bright light filled his field of view, and his depth perception was thrown way off. Tetris could only manage to see Effie charging toward him, palms open. A sudden surge of electricity filled his veins, forcing him to his knees and clutch his gut. Panting, Tetris knew he didn't have much energy left in him. Even so, he slowly pushed himself up to his feet and recovered his balance. He told Effie to give it her all; he must do the same. Drawing his sword, he charged towards his opponent, dropped to his knees and slid underneath Effie, getting a nice view sweeping his obsidian sword at her ankles. Hopping back up, he armed a Bullet Punch and aimed for her torso.

TheLegendofPie likes this.
  10. Pokechu

Pokechu Hex Maniac

Belle
    (Buneary)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽69.6
    (Wow im so late)

As when they made it to the room DR. Esther took them to, she had told why the gijinkas where here, which was to create a human evolution. Some Gijinkas where angry about this, and Maxwell was one.
    "What if we want to stay unique!?", Maxwell complained.
    He had to agree with Tetris, though. "Yeah! You must be jealous of us! We got the fab, you got the pab.", Maxwell added on, but was soonly taken to his cell once again, but now decorated with art and 2 beds. Maxwell had looked around the cell for a while, wondering why the guards were so hospitable to the Gijinkas.
    <Oh, Tsubaki, you can have the bed. Im not being trying to be rude or anything, but you do look like your in pain, sooo,>, Maxwell said in his thoughts, and then curled into a ball in the corner of the cell.
    A few hours later, it was already morning. Maxwell had been snoring while he slept, making his throat dry. He woke up, and complained about it for a few minutes, until Dr. Esther came in to take the Gijinka's. Maxwell was pretty hungry too, so he backed up what Effie said.
    "Yeah! We need food!", Maxwell complained, before being taken to an arena, where all of the Gijinkas had to fight, and much to his displease, he was paired up with a 7 year old, so Maxwell had to go to him to say a few things.
    "Hi, I'm Maxwell! Sorry that we had to get paired up together, but if you want, I'll go easy on you or even let you win! Its no fair that I'm 15 and I'm battling a 7 year old. Not that age matters though, I just don't want to hurt you.", Maxwell told the Lumi Gijinka.
    After telling the 7 year old what he had to, Maxwell had watched Tetris and Effie start their battle.

(Also, 1 question,how does one know when to faint? This questions might be stupid, but I'm just wondering :o)

11. Vanillite

Vanillite Cat Lady

PokéPoints:
    ₽139.4
    Effie was exhausted. She'd never battled so hard in her life! In pained her heart to see Tetris panting on the ground, clearly in pain. Just as she figured, he wasn't down for long. <you're tough, Tetris..> The speedy Lucario was on his feet in a jiffy, running at her. Bracing herself, thinking he was coming at her front, she was shocked to see him slide under her legs. She blushed deeply at his action, but, of course, this caused her to be a step behind in battle.

His fist met her torso with a Bullet Punch. Her eyes widened in pain as she leaned over his arm, writhing in pain. Almost at her limit, Effie lookd up, making contact with the gorgeous Lucario Gajinka. Without thinking, she slammed her forehead against his, trying to put distance between herself and him. The Ampharos girl staggered backwards, focusing the rest of her energy into her palms, preparing for her final attacks.

Lumi watched the fight, terrified. He didn't want to fight like that! He felt sorry for the Lucario and his lady friend. They looked like they cared for each other so much, yet they had to fight their hardest to survive. Lumi was startled when his opponent appeared next to him, offering to go easy on him. "I-I don't want to fight at all.."

12. Pokechu

Pokechu Hex Maniac

Belle
    (Buneary)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽69.6
    As when Lumi replied, Maxwell so desperate for the kid. He was only 7, and he had to fight a 15 year old. The Herdier gijinka thought that it wasnt funny, it was just cruel.
    Maxwell had replied to the little gijinka, saying, "Well, if you don't want to fight, maybe you could just land 2 or 3 hits on me, and I could just act like I got knocked out? I actually wouldn't want to fight people I met either, but we have to. I don't find it fair, I just find it cruel."

13. Banshee

Banshee Pokémon Professor

Gregg the Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽62.1
    "Hello young one." Gareth greeted Lumi with a confident smile on his face. He knelt to Lumi's level and whispered to him. "Do not worry. We'll help you two out as well. Just keep your chin up. Alright?"

Hoodoo could feel herself smile to Gareth trying to give confidence to Lumi. He was so shaken up over this. She couldn't blame him. Lumi then clung to her side and commented how tired she looked and that he would fight for her. It was so charming to see Lumi trying to be so brave. He didn't want her to get her as she didn't want him to be hurt. After he said that he wasn't sure that he would win, she placed a hand on his head. "Lumi~ No matter what you do. . . You'll always be a winner to me." she then poked his nose and gave him another comforting smile.

"I am sure that you both will do well." Gareth chimed in. < It will be tough, but if all of us just hang in there, we'll get out. >

Arlo had made his way over to Gareth, puffing his chest out. Despite him trying to seem more intimidating, Gareth just crossed his arms and looked at him. His opponent was going to be a tricky one since he had never gotten into a fight with Staraptor before. Arlo stated that he wasn't going to go easy on him. "I accept your challenge as I too will dish out all that I've got." Gareth replied with a firm tone in his voice. He then held out his hand to Arlo for a challengers handshake. Gareth wasn't very close to the others either. But his chivalrous attitude would have made him return to the laboratory only to try and free the others.

"I am ready whenever you are." Gareth then pulled his weapons to his side. Waiting for the response of his fellow opponent.

As for Hoodoo she glanced over to her opponent. She felt bad having to fight against a kid. But she let out a sigh. "Alright. Lucia was it? Let's give it our best."

14. 7Demented

7Demented Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽119.6
    (The tourney's set up as single elimination. One loss, you're done. As for fainting, you'll have to figure that out with your opponent.)

Tetris staggered back when his opponent's skull collided with his. He reached up at his forehead, checking to make sure he wasn't bleeding. The Lucario only had enough strength left in him for only a few more moves; even then it may not be enough. Readying a final Aura Sphere, Tetris quickly fired it before Effie could have a chance to react. He dropped to one knee, exhausted from battle. Tetris hoped he didn't have to continue; he feared he might fall into a coma.

15. Vanillite

Vanillite Cat Lady

PokéPoints:
    ₽139.4
    Unable due to her trying to focus, Effie's stomach was met with another Aura Sphere. She was pushed backwards, smacking into a wall. She groaned in pain, clutching her head. Her forehead hurt from hitting Tetris, while the back hurt from the wall. She was sure she looked terrible right now. The Ampharos girl was close to her limit.

She struggled to stand, but eventually made it up, staggering over, to the Lucario, stopping 15 feet in front of him. Her sides heaving and her stomach bruised. Her pale face adorned with a few streaks of blood. She couldn't go on much longer, and she could tell Tetris couldn't either. The handsome boy was on his knees, visibly exhausted and struggling to move. She needed to move quickly.

Using the last of her energy, Effie yet again sent extremely bright lights at the Lucario; Power Gem. Of course, like earlier, it would not do much damage, but it would mess with his vision. After shooting the bright shards of light at the boy, screwing with his vision, Effie put both of her hands in front of her, focusing all of her energy into her palms.

Effie panted as her vision blurred from all the energy and focus she was putting in between her hands. Before her eyes, a large chi ball appeared in front of her. All her determination, spirit, and power was put into the move as it spiraled around in her hands. With a last huff of breath, she fired off the Focus Blast at Tetris, watching the powerful move clash against his body, making him fly backwards and the crumple to the floor.

The Ampharos fell to her knees, panting, exhausted from the fight. She didn't think she could go on any more. "This fight is over.." she whispered, unsure if anyone could hear.

16. 7Demented

7Demented Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽119.6
    An explosion. That's all Tetris could make out of what happened when he was blinded once more. The Focus Blast sent him flying like a ragdoll into the wall, and crumpled to the floor. Blood began to drip slowly from his side, staining his shirt. The attack had ripped open the side of his torso, and it left him nearly unconscious. The Lucario barely made out what Effie muttered. "I know," he muttered to himself, "but there has to be a winner."

Slowly, but surely, Tetris forced himself up into a sitting position, then to his feet. A bruise had begun to form on his forehead where Effie struck him earlier; his breathing had become shallow and short, yet here he was, still up with whatever energy he had left. His jade eyes shifted to the Director. "I think... we're done." With that, he collapsed back to the ground on his ass.

The Director smiled. Such an energetic battle he had beheld! He could barely contain his excitement as he pushed the intercom button and spoke. "I hereby declare the winner...."

(Who do you all think won? Send me a PM with your vote! :) )

17. MoonlightEve

MoonlightEve Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    At the Empoleon's comment of her name, Tsubaki stumbled slightly. She had never had someone comment on her name before, especially something like that. <Th-thanks.> She said, turning her head away from the water type gijinka as he slowed to walk next to her. The Zoroark could feel the blood that rushed to her cheeks and she silently cursed herself for it.

Staring at her feet, Tsubaki almost missed Gareth's question. She blinked, feeling her cheeks redden even more. she bit her tongue and drew her cap to were it hid her face from the others. <It... It's fine. It wasn't as bad as i originally thought it was.> The dark type gijinka said, trying very hard to forget last night. She could still feel the pain in her chest when Raiden had stuck her, but it wasn't the wound it's self that hurt now.

Resting her hand over her chest, Tsubaki exhaled a gasp. Her chest was burning where the dragon type gijinka had attacked her, but that wasn't what bothered her. Why is my heart hurting? The Zoroark asked herself as she continued walking. It wasn't that it hurt, but it seemed to ache when she thought of Raiden. But she wasn't thinking about him now, she was still catch up in her conversation with Gareth. Fighting back her urge to gasp, she looked at Gareth sideways and was about to say something when they entered the room.

The Zoroark hissed under her breath. She had stood quietly, but watched intensely as Effie and Tetris went at each other. She felt sorry for them sense, in a way, she knew how they felt about each other. It was painfully obvious to her because of the previous nights events and also because she had been in their sitsuation before.

For the second time that day, Tsubaki wished she had someone to hold her like those two had last night. Shaking her head, she sighed. she shouldn't be thinking about this kind of stuff. She had to focus on the battle at hand. Turning slightly, Tsubaki looked at Arlo and then Gareth. Their battle was next and then it would be her turn.

Turning away from the others, the Zoroark sent her thoughts to the Haunter, <I hope your ready, because i'm not about to be defeated that easily.> She hissed alittle, but quietly added, <Even if I am hurt.> Subconsciencely, her hand reached for her chest but inhaled sharply at the heat coming off her body.

18. Trainer_Ebony

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Cheio sighed, shaken from his meditation. He opened one eye to glance at Tsubaki.
    <Dont push yourself too hard.>

19. Banshee

Banshee Pokémon Professor

Gregg the Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽62.1
    As the two best friends battled one another, both Gareth and Hoodoo stood there quietly, watching the match unfold before them. However they both knew that when their chance came, they too would have to battle. If they refused, the end result would've been rather grim. Gareth had wanted to find out more information about this place. He wanted to know what they were truly planning and find a way to get help from the outside world or free those captive. Hoodoo on the other hand, didn't want to go the grim route because it would leave Lumi all alone. That was enough encouragement for her to keep going. Though watching Effie and Tetris unwillingly battle one another made the two of them clench their fists tightly. Gareth's face looked calmly at the situation but Hoodoo's looked tense.

< This is horrible. > Hoodoo growled in her thoughts as the ending came close.

< It is, but we have to play along with their game for now. > Gareth spoke back. < I hate it too. But it's something we have to do if we want to find a way out of here. >

Hoodoo only wrinkled her nose in disgust. But she didn't say anything. She only let out a soft sigh. Mainly trying to cool herself down so she didn't freak out on anyone. She knew they wanted to get out just as bad as she did. So there was no reason to act childish. Her hand fell onto Lumi's shoulder and she squeezed slightly.

Gareth thought he heard a slight hiss coming from his side. Curiosity took over him as he glanced over at Tsubaki. Did she make the sound? Or was he imagining it? He did take note that she was watching the match with a rather intense look on her face. Probably thinking of how to win or how horrible the sight was to see two friends forcefully battle one another. She then glanced back at him. Though he assumed it was because he was looking at her. "This is crazy." He said lowly to her.

Gareth then shook his head and returned his attention to the battle. The end was here and the Director began to announce the winner. He could feel himself holding his breath. The battle was just so close.

20. Lucario_J

Lucario_J David Tennant

PokéPoints:
    ₽32.6
    (sorry for being so Inactive!)

I was shocked when i heard we had to fight eachother. I was even more shocked that I had to fight the Mismagius. Phasing through walls and all. I had never fought anyone before, especially another gjinka. I didn't know how to handle this.

"y-yeah, I'm lucia." i replied to the mismagius. "I can't belive they are trying to get us to fight..." I sat in a corner as I watched. I had to think of a way out of this...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.