1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The Fallout Games

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Wraithcaller, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Wraithcaller

Eden
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽116.8
    Which one's your favorite? Your least favorite? What would you like to see in future releases? Do you prefer the roleplaying or the combat? Any cool or funny stories to tell about your experiences?

With those questions outta the way, I gotta say I've been on a big kick with New Vegas, personally. It's probably my favorite Fallout, while 4 is my least favorite. In the future I'd like to see a non-spinoff play out in Texas, where I live. Maybe we could see mutant horses or giant Longhorn abominations. XD

Anyone else?

2. Mackinz

Mackinz School Kid

Reginald
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽183.1
    I started the series with Fallout: New Vegas. Never finished it. Modded it to heck and back. Had a blast. Aside from the graphics, it always stood out to me. Every companion felt like an actual friend in the harsh wastes. I'm looking forward to Fallout 4: New Vegas.

Tried to play Fallout 3, may try to play it again, but the first time I loaded it up, I clipped through the vault floor. Too buggy for Windows 8 (at the time, now 10).

Purchased Fallout and Fallout 2. Keep meaning to play them, but I'm a busy enough fella.

Fallout Shelter is a great mobile game for what it is. Spent a fair few hours playing it when I didn't want to browse the internet.

When Fallout 4 came out, I played it obsessively. Named my starting 10mm Pistol Nora. Rocked the wasteland, but not before losing PC access for a while. When I came back to it, the game was loading far too slow for me to play it anymore. A few years later, I bought a PS4 to play unrelated games and noticed a sale for TES V: Skyrim Special Edition and Fallout 4 GOTY bundled together. Bought it. Still playing it. Started watching Oxhorn's Fallout lore videos on YouTube. Great experience, though I miss New Vegas' systems and repairing. For its faults, it added a lot of content and mechanics I really enjoy. Even the Creation Club is warming up to me.

Looking forward to Fallout 76. I actually just got a Beta code for it... Hmmm...

3. Wraithcaller

Eden
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽116.8
    Yeah, when Fallout 4 came out, I was in love. I still kind of am--'least favorite' doesn't mean I hate it. It just didn't blow me away like the others have. I think it was the voiced protagonist that did it for me, or the back story. Just not a whole lot of opportunity for truly flexible roleplaying. The combat is a blast, though, and as always the exploration was top notch.

I have doubts about 76, I'm waiting for it to release before I buy. If I can get my PS4 back in time for it to come out, I plan on following it pretty closely.

4. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I started with 3 and went on to NV and 4 as they arrived. I like them all about the same, close to one third each, but if I had to choose a 34% vote to barely my favorite... Fallout 3. Maybe because out of the main cities of each of those games, DC is the only place I've visited personally, so I could connect to it better. It also felt like in Fallout 3 I was trying to save the world.

This is how I see it: in each of these games (I never played 1 or 2 yet) it seemed like you had a personal goal and a world goal. In NV you're trying to (personal goal) get revenge against the guy that tried to kill you, and (world goal) win a war. In F4 you're trying to (personal) find your son and (world) do something about the slaves and prevent an all-out war. But in Fallout 3, you were trying to (personal) find your dear old dad and (world) save the people of the Capital Wasteland by restoring the ecosystem and only fighting as necessary. Not out for vengeance, not fighting a war; protecting people and only hurting when the the safety of the helpless is threatened.

I admit FNV added a lot of improved functionality to the game, but I still like F3's setting, so what's a guy to do? There's a mod called Tale of Two Wastelands that, long story short, adds your legally-owned Fallout 3 into Fallout New Vegas as if it was a DLC, and you can choose to start in either game and travel to the other later. You get to be in DC fighting the Good Fight with Three Dog while also having the Survival Skill and variable Ammo Types etc. It was/is surprisingly functional too, for a fan project.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Wraithcaller and Mackinz like this.
  5. Wraithcaller

Eden
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽116.8
    Technically you are caught up in the middle of a war in Fallout 3--It's the BoS versus the Enclave. It's just not quite as prominent because the focus is entirely on what the player wants to do with Project Purity, rather than what opposing factions want. The enclave also doesn't really have much of a presence in DC, which also works to keep the conflict in the background. I also feel like Fallout 3 intentionally slants you toward the good option, but that's more of a problem I have with Bethesda's design than the game itself.

I've seen TTW around on Nexus, but it might be too big for my computer. FNV runs better on my laptop than it did on my PS3, but my laptop is old (6 years, I think) and I don't wanna push my luck with it. I'm having a blast regardless, with my modest modding and all.

6. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,020.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Well I've really only played Fallout 3 and New Vegas to the point where I can have a full opinion on the games, I've yet to play beyond that. But I'd probably say 3 since I put the most time into that even if one of the expansion made me to wtf.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...