1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gameplay Journal The Firered Nuzlocke

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Auron, Jul 4, 2021.

1. Auron

Auron Ruin Maniac

Magnemite
    (Magnemite)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽73.6
    THE GAME: Pokémon Firered
    THE NUZLOCKE RULES:
    1. Rules are not applied until the player (me) has recived Pokeballs from the Professor.
    2. Any Pokémon faints is considered Dead, unless it's a pitched battle such as and only Rival battle or (R/S/E/OR/AS) Poochyanna/Zigzagoon encounter at the beginning.
    3. The player (me) may only catch the first encounter Pokémon on each area/Route.
    4. The player (me) must Nickname the Pokémon caught/Received.
    5. The player (me) may not voluntarily reset and reload the game if things go bad!
    6. Cheats may not be used!

so far in the challenge I received (sorry for the name) Blunt the Bulbasaur [​IMG]as my first Pokémon from Professor Oak, then my rival Blue Challenged me to a battle which I was defeated poorly by his Charmander, after the battle I made my way to Viridian city and made my way to the pokemart to pick up a parcel for Professor oak, after I made it back to the lab I gave the professor his package and received the Pokeballs now the rules are in play, on route 1 I caught a Pidgey which I named Sky Rain, making my way through Viridian this old guy told me to "Watch him catch this Weedle." (Boring) made it to route 2 and well Blunt just had to kill the Ratatta, after that incident we make our way into Viridian Forest and caught Gold Rush the Kukkuna, then why not I made my way to the route that led to the Pokémon league and ran into the Lv 5 Spearow I had to run after the fact the Spearow basically crited Sky Rain and now i'm back in Viridian Forest training my team to beat Blue for round 2.

My team so far:
    [​IMG]
    Blunt Lv.8
    Moves:
    Tackle
    Growl
    Leach Seed
    [​IMG]
    Sky Rain Lv.9
    Moves:
    Tackle
    Sand Attack
    Gust
    [​IMG]
    Gold Rush Lv.8
    Moves:
    Harden

NOTE: I will do a status update and keep you guys informed on whats happening

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Jul 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
    Wizard and Jeydis like this.
  2. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,355.7
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Ah a fellow Bulbasaur picker, always a solid start, can't wait to see how this goes!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Auron

Auron Ruin Maniac

Magnemite
    (Magnemite)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽73.6
    I usually start with Charmander but I figured Bulbasaur was the best pick due to the first, second and last gym are easy to counter with grass types.

4. Auron

Auron Ruin Maniac

Magnemite
    (Magnemite)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽73.6
    Update:
    While training in the Viridian forest I ran into a Pikachu (Man How I wished for Pikachu to have been my first encounter in the Virirdian forest) sadly I had to kill it for the XP but making my way through the forest I made contact with Bug Catcher Rick who had a Weedle and Caterpie, which using the Bait n Switch tactic to train Gold Rush and using Sky Rain to easily one shot them with Gust this battle was easy, almost reached the exit of Viridian Forest when suddenly a fight with Bug Catcher Sammy ensued, with the good ol' Bait n Switch with Gold Rush and Sky Rain we won with eaz and Gold Rush made it to Lv.9 one more level then Gold Rush will be a Beedrill, now that i entered Pewter City i decided to go back and pay a visit to Blue my rival, while making my way back through the Viridian Forest, Blunt made it to Lv.10 and Learned Vine Whip, now that my team is buffed up Its time to take on the Rival, Leading off with Gold Rush I switched into Sky Rain easily out speeding his Pidgey, now his final Pokémon Charmander my option is limited with Sky Rain at 18hp I cant loose her just yet so I switched into Gold Rush to try and heal Sky Rain, after healing Sky Rain I switched back to her to get in Sand-Attack to lower Charmander's Accuracy its working so far unless he gets lucky and it worked I switched into Blunt to finish the job and we won, now to make my way through the Viridian forest and onto Pewter city I figured to save in pewter and continue from there later on tomorrow, for now through the Viridian Forest again and near the exit I made contact with another Bug Catcher named Anthony using 2 Caterpie's, Leading off the battle is Gold Rush almost at Lv.10 this should get him to evolve with the final Bait n Switch into Sky Rain the first Caterpie was slain and to my surprise Gold Rush wasn't the only one to level up Sky Rain did too, Now I switched into Blunt to finish the battle we won, no Problem, and Now I have a Beedrill, time to exit and get to Pewter city, I saved and shut off the game.

My team:
    [​IMG]
    Blunt Lv. 11 Moves: Tackle, Growl, Leech Seed, Vine Whip
    [​IMG]
    Sky Rain Lv. 11 Moves: Tackle, Sand-Attack, Gust
    [​IMG]
    Gold Rush Lv. 10 Moves: Harden, Fury Attack

#4 Jul 5, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
  5. Auron

Auron Ruin Maniac

Magnemite
    (Magnemite)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽73.6
    Continuing where I left off I am now in Pewter City about to face the Gym Leader, Brock, his Rock type Pokémon have a disadvantage against Blunt so he will have to go it alone the others don't stand a chance against them, first standing in my way is the Camper Liam, with Blunt I think he should have an easy time with this, Liam sends Geodude to start but Blunt completely one-shots him with Vine Whip, Next up is Sandshrew and well Blunt pulled it off again but with 2 vine whips next is Brock, with Geodude and Onix this will be tough I thought. With Brock leading off with Geodude, Blunt Whips him to death with Vine Whip, Next up is Onix, But Blunt pulled it off again with a one shot to Onix, and just like that the first of many gyms have fallen to Blunt and the team. Making my way out of Pewter City towards Mt. Moon, I ran into the Professor's Aide who gave me running shoes, now were on route 3, yay! more Training! After beating everyone on route 3 time to catch a new team member and its a Jiggleypuff, killed by Sky Rain O_O moving on to Route 4 and Mt. Moon should be able to catch a good Pokémon here and its a Zubat which I happily named him Batty, continuing to make my way through Mt. Moon I ran into Team Rocket. After foiling Team Rockets plan and getting a fossil from the Nerd (kicked his butt and forced him to give me a fossil) with my newly evolved Blunt and Sky Rain I am now back on route 4 with a Dome Fossil which is as we know is Kabuto which Evolves into Kabutops makes a good edition to the team for Lt. Surge down the road on route 4 I caught a Spearow and named it LittleJohn now heading back to Pewter City to get Kabuto and I Screwed up now im stuck with a fossil until I get the HM Fly anyways time to face the Cerulean Gym and get my second badge also Sorrry LittleJohn but get into the Box, after sweeping the 2 trainers with Blunt now its time to take down the Gym Leader Misty, I wasnt thinking How big the Level gap was between Starmie and Blunt was but Like a champ Blunt took out Both Staryu and Starmie LIKE A BOSS, I earned the Cascade Badge from Misty now its time for the 3rd gym and this is where I will end the adventure till next time.

My Team:
    [​IMG]
    Blunt Lv.19 Moves: Poison Powder, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed, Vine Whip
    [​IMG]
    Sky Rain Lv.18 Moves: Tackle, Sand-attack, Gust, Quick Attack
    [​IMG]
    Batty Lv.11 Moves: Leech Life, Astonish, Supersonic
    [​IMG]
    Gold Rush Lv.12 Moves: Harden, Fury Attack

6. Auron

Auron Ruin Maniac

Magnemite
    (Magnemite)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽73.6
    Ok so its time for an update and well on my way out of Cerulean City I bumped into my Rival Blue, during the battle I almost lost Sky Rain and Blunt, but Sky Rain was still able to out speed his Pidgeotto and still managed to lower the Accuracy of Charmander, I was hoping his Ratatta didn't have Hyper Fang, that would have really devastated my team but luck had it and Sky took out his ratatta as well leaving an Abra which only used Teleport, switched into Batty the Zubat and Astonished my way to victory now with my team healed I make my way to Bill these 5 trainers challenged me to a gauntlet and on the 4th Battle, Gold Rush died, the first death and now I'm mad so isn't Blunt, he rushed in to finish the battles. After beating the five trainers and obtaining the nugget I was offered to join Team Rocket, so it was Team Rocket who killed Gold Rush, and Blunt was enraged, I was enraged, we knew we had to beat this grunt, with the Grunt taken care of Its on to meet Bill. Along Route 25 I caught an Abra named Sue and on route 24 I caught an Oddish named Weed, after meeting Bill and helping him with his predicament, he gave me a ticket to the S.S. Anne which is in Vermillion City, now, to make my way to Lavander town, till then this has been an update on my Nuzlocke Challenge.

My Team:
    [​IMG]
    Blunt Lv. 21
    Moves: Poison Powder, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed, Vine Whip
    [​IMG]
    Sky Rain Lv.20
    Moves: Whirlwind, Sand-attack, Gust, Quick Attack
    [​IMG]
    Batty Lv.12
    Moves: Leech Life, Astonish, Supersonic
    [​IMG]
    Sue Lv. 14
    Moves: Teleport
    [​IMG]
    Weed Lv.14
    Moves: Absorb, Sweet Scent, Poison Powder

Dead:
    [​IMG]
    R.I.P. Gold Rush 07/06/2021
    Died at Lv.14 on Route 24
    Gone but not forgotten

7. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,355.7
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    RIP Gold Rush, dang nugget bridge is notorious for taking victims. Rest of the team is looking good, Abra was a heck of a lucky get. They are tricky to level at first but really strong once they evolve.

Auron likes this.
  8. Auron

Auron Ruin Maniac

Magnemite
    (Magnemite)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽73.6
    ok so I dont remember what I wrote down earlier but to make the Long story short because I saved and lost the draft because I had to go to work, Smalls beat the Gym Leader Lt. Surge with 3 consecutive Magnitude 8's and Sky Rain Died Aboard the S.S. Anne against the Rival Blue also I had to get LittleJohn from the Daycare and he went from lv.8 to lv.14