1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The Four Seasons

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Starry Windy, Apr 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Starry Windy

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.1
    In Black and White, and also their sequels, there are 4 seasons brewing in Unova region, and each season affects how you'll navigate in the region, just like in real life! The difference is, that the seasons lasted only for a month. Deerling and its evolution, Sawsbuck, are also able to change their forms depending on the season, too.

What do you think about seasons feature in Black and White? Do you wanted it to be back on future games?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I like this feature and i want them in future too. They give an interesting view to player. Player can evolve Pokémon and you can have a different navigation in different seasons as you said. I really consider that it should be in future because this is an awesome feature. But this is only oponion views can differ

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    The seasons were a really nice touch to the game, and honestly gave it a more realistic feel in a way. The scenery was nice and it was cool how there were some "season exclusives" like items you could only get in fall and stuff. I'd love to see it return to future games.

4. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,871.5
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I was actually pretty sad that seasons didn't make it back in. It made ubova feel more dynamic and interesting, and the lack of them in kalos made it feel flat and unrealistic. I'd love to see the feature return in sun and moon, maybe with some deeper integration.

5. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    I hope they implement this feature in Sun and Moon because I liked it in Gen V. My favourite season was fall, leaves everywhere!

Back in Gen V where everything was sprites made it look awesome, and it might be a hassle to put it in a 3D game like ORAS and XY but I think this will keep us playing to see the aesthetic difference between seasons. (Or perhaps background music changes too just like in BW!)

6. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    I really miss this feature. It really made the world come alive. I really hope it comes back in a future installment because there was so much missed potential in excluding it from Gen 6. It especially sucks that Deerling gets locked into whatever form it was in when transferred. It basically takes away a major aspect of the Pokémon.

7. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    I liked the feature, but I was bugged by the fact it made the seasons only last one month (Most of the time not even matching the real season)

8. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I loved the four seasons. It added a lot of realism into Pokémon, and I thought it was very visually appealing with how beautiful on the seasons were. I would love to see it back, like Hiddenlore said, it makes the region more dynamic.

9. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    I really liked this feature, it gave areas more atmosphere at times, and not only that, but it also changed up the songs. It was a slight change, but still! This was a really neat feature, and I hope it comes back in Pokémon Sun and Moon.

10. Raizek

Raizek Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.1
    This feature should be a must. I thought it was one of the best things they could've introduced and it was sad to see it didn't make a comeback in the 6th generation. I remember there were some places you could only access if it was winter, also not being able to catch certain Pokémon unless it was the right season. I'd only remove that annoying screen that appeared every time you started playing. I don't think it was necessary, you can tell which season is just by looking at your surroundings. Fingers crossed for seasons to return to next generations!

11. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Unova is one of my favorite regions due to the four seasons cycling every month. It was great to see the land change with every season and to find different things depending on the season.

12. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    As far as I know, they made the seasons last only one month on purpose, because they felt like making the seasons match the actual length of the month would take too long for the season to change.

I still love the four seasons in the Unova games! They really add a touch to the game in terms of realism, and the battle mechanics and the different Deerling/Sawsbuck forms that came along with them were awesome as well! I enjoy the autumn season the most because I love running through piles of leaves, but winter is great as well because it's also very pretty and my special trick usable in Twist Mountain of course. I really wish for it to return someday!

13. ShiroLugia

ShiroLugia ✂ No Longer Human.

PokéPoints:
    ₽478.5
    Bruh..looking at this thread hit me real hard... Why the heck was the season feature even removed from the games?! It added such a sense of realism and the scenery changes were so wonderful!! Like jumping through the leaves to find items and frozen over areas... Seriously Gamefreak!! Add it back!! Add it back!!

14. TheOtakuTiger

TheOtakuTiger Bug Catcher

Piper
    (Starly)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13.2
    What if there was a elusive Legendary Pokémon for each season? Maybe a Grass type for Spring, Ice for Winter, Fire for Summer, and I don't really know for Autumn... Flying maybe? I dunno.

And yeah, the seasons were really nice in Pokémon Black and White.

15. TheBlazingInfernape

TheBlazingInfernape Gone, probably forgotten

Wildfire
    (Monferno)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.7
    Oh god what a good mechanic, the weather system was great, it added a lot to the scenery each month and there were even items you could only get in the winter time. I honestly want this feature to return in some point in time.

16. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    Hoping this will be seen by you
    I share this attitude towards the seasonal changes in Unova. I loved the cool aesthetic changes each month, and it really was one of the coolest features in the game, in my opinion. I really hope they return for S&M, but I see it being really unlikely. While there are seasons in Hawai'i, the region is likely to have year-round sunshine and rain, not leaves falling or snow, just as it is in real life :(

That'd be a really cool addition, too! Maybe Game Freak could've made the sword trio (+Keldeo) into season-exclusive Pokémon?