1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The Fox's Den - Late Nights With Syao

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by Syaoron the Fox, May 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Poké Ball ★Dawn Stone ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Welcome to the Fox's Den!
    [​IMG]
    Step inside, take a drink, and sit with me as we enjoy moonlight filtering in. My name is Syaoron the Fox, but please, call me Syao; and do watch your head on the way in. I've a cocoa in my hand, fuzzy slippers on my feet, and a nice recliner, and if you'll take the time to chat with me, my night would certainly be complete.

I've only recently become a denizen of Lake Valor, and since I intend to stay, I decided I'd open up a little Q&A topic to put myself out into the community. Here, I hope to answer your most burning questions about... well, me. I'm quite the expert on me, I'll have you know.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    -what's your favorite part about nuzlockes?

-how did you end up here at LV?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    -My favorite part of nuzlockes has to be the amount of strategy you think up on the go. In my first run of Black, I started doing things that I would never do in a regular play through, like using the move "Attract" or using X items. When the nuzlocke is do or die, and you have to make do with the Pokémon you have, it really tests your knowledge of the game and your ability to play. Of course, I haven't been the best at showing that, have I? :D
    -I was invited by someone on Fanfiction after he read my PMD: Explorers of Sky fanfic. His name was zformtapu, I believe, and at first I didn't come to LV. I was reluctant to get back into forum life after I left it a few years ago. But eventually I joined up, and I'm happy that I did.

4. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    :: Do you run as a form of exercise?

:: Do you have a favourite television programme?

:: Where do you end up finding those pictures of Syaoron, usually? I'm curious and would like to know myself.

5. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    -I run all the time, and I love doing it for exercise! It's my favorite way to exercise, at that. Something about the feeling of plugging in your headphones and just going feels so empowering.

-A favorite television program? I really like Mythbusters and How It's Made, little programs like that. But I don't actually watch a lot of TV. I'm more of an anime person, and as such, I have to get my sources of entertainment elsewhere.

-Clamp, the makers of Tsubasa, actually do the best art in my opinion. So normally what I find are colored versions of their own work within the manga. The picture above is from the manga, I believe. My favorite picture of Syaoran, along with Sakura, is this one:
    [​IMG]

6. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    It's quiet in here; let's kick it up a notch.

:: How do you challenge yourself?

:: Do you have a favourite genre of music?

:: What time is it?

7. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Do you like playing competitive Pokémon, or do you do casual playing (besides the nuzlockes)?

Which starter would you say you like the most?

What are your opinions about Sinnoh?

8. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    (Just realized that I wasn't watching my own thread. Yeeeeee. Alas, we've lost my favorite shade of gold for fonts.)
    -I challenge myself in my writing and in video games (not the most challenging things, but... I mean...). In writing, I'm always trying to improve my vocabulary, and I read up on certain other novels for literary inspiration. And I always set challenges for myself in video games. FE: Awakening, my first time playing an FE game, is in classic mode, and I keep myself on my toes with games like Darkest Dungeon and Dark Souls.

-Favorite genre would have to be power metal, which is closely followed by dream pop alt rock, if you can believe that.

-The time of answering this is 8 : 31 AM EDT

-I'm not much of a competitive Pokémon player, though I do enjoy it! I'm mostly a casual partaker.

-Of all starters ever? Uh... Treecko speaks the most to me. I started in Gen III, and I did lots of restarts to re-experience the game. I almost always pick Treecko, even though I think he is the worst starter for late game.

-Sinnoh... I like the region a lot. It's designed very well (though certain things about it harken back to Hoenn and Johto). I like the mountains all along the center, and future gens seem to have copied that central mountain design. If you mean the generation, Sinnoh was one of my favorites. It brought in the new game mechanic with special and physical moves, which I think is a great distinction, and some of my favorite Pokémon and Legendaries are from that gen. I also caught my first shiny there. I have a lot of good memories of Sinnoh.

9. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    What is your opinion on Wooper?

If there was one mistake you made here on LV, what would it be (if that's too personal then you can skip it)?

How would you feel if I told you I got a shiny Treecko after about 30 soft resets in Emerald?

10. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    -Wooper is adorable, silly, and helps you glitch% Pokémon Gold in under an hour. He's an important Pokémon, but I never really used him much when there were bulker water-grounds like Gastrodon or Whiscash

-I haven't been here long, but if there's one mistake I've made, it'd have to be forgetting to ask someone to help review my story. I'm forgetting it as I write this.

-O_O ... I reeaallllyyy like the colors on Shiny Treecko. Lucky you!

11. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Thanks!

Did you ever try out the Battle Frontier before when you play Pokémon games?

Are you participating in the postfest?

12. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    -Yes, I love the Battle Frontier! Though I was never any good at it, my favorite Battle Frontier was the original one from Emerald. So many good places to check out. I wish they brought it back.

-I am participating. Linking my posts as we speak.

13. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    You know that you don't have to link the posts you make to your entry anymore, right?

What makes Ice Types so special to you?

Syaoron the Fox likes this.
  14. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    -Wait, really?

-Ice Types... Ice types are special to me because I think ice, snow, and all its compatriots are indicative of things pure and beautiful, but also things mysterious, and even sinister. Ice can take on majestic forms, but also deadly forms. Something about the duality of ice and snow makes it beautiful to me, and I see its beauty in all ranges of ice type Pokémon, especially in Pokémon like Alola Ninetails and Froslass.

15. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
  16. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Oh, sweet! That's less for me to manage.

-Nope. Die-hard meat eater, though I will say that I enjoy a well-made greek salad. Mmm.... Greek Salad...

-Grey and Gloomy. Always looks like it's going to rain, but it never does. Kinda like England in any time that's not summer, actually.

17. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Same here (with the weather)

what does the phrase on your signature mean (pacta sunt servanda)?

When are you planning on filling out an application for Writer?

18. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    -Pacta Sunt Servanda is a Latin Brocard, which basically means that it is a simple phrase used to describe broad ethical and legal concepts. Literally, it means "Promises must be kept." It's also used in one of my favorite songs.

-I talked to Eclipse; basically, the application is down right now because they have to make the form again. Once it's up, and I become eligible, I will immediately apply.

19. POKE

POKE Ace Trainer

Johnny Waffles
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.3
    Premier Ball ★
    What is your favourite drink?

What's your favourite colour?

What's your favourite videogame to play if you play videogames

Still up for the collaboration? Or changed your mind?

20. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    That's neat! I hope you become a writer when it comes out!

Do you prefer cats or dogs? Or neither?

What would be your partner Pokémon?