1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Article The Games Biweekly 14-27 Oct

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Morgaine, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Hey, everyone! This is [member='AzurAurora'] with the Games Bi-Weekly again. This is already the third installment of this series. These two weeks are nice and quiet with a few gems being released next week, including the Pokémon Sun and Moon Demo.

Please be aware that release dates can differ between regions, but the first release date determines if it makes a list. If your region is not on the list, this time, it is because it already has been released. Lucky you! This list will include mostly the big AAA games that will be released, like stuff from Ubisoft, Sony, Nintendo, Square Enix, EA, Microsoft, etc. Smaller games tend to fall off the radar, but I will try to catch them on my way. I will always include the consoles the game will be released on, the dates, and if I can a trailer or a link to the trailer.

The first one on this list is Dragon Quest Builders by Square Enix. It is a sandbox-style game that is supposed to rival the biggest sandbox game at this time: Minecraft. Set in Alefgard, the world of the original Dragon Quest, the player is tasked with a heavy burden: rebuilding the entire world after it was destroyed by the evil Dragonlord. Gather ingredients and craft whatever necessary to survive and thrive in the barren world. The game has already been released in Japan in January and on October 11th in North America on the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita. It will be released on the 14th in Europe and Australia (PAL Region).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znh5ksgzOS4

The Pokémon Sun and Moon Demo will be released next week, something that is probably already highly anticipated the most of us. With access to Ash-Greninja, and possibly several items that you may transfer to the real games when they are released to us, the demo gives plenty of reasons to download it. On October 18th, it will be available in the Nintendo e-Shop and on the Nintendo website. Be warned that you may need a Nintendo Network ID for the Nintendo website.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciqAkdXQ9dw

Now it is time to look at what Electronic Arts has done for the Battlefield series. Battlefield 1 is a throwback to the first World War. You do not play as a single soldier in the Single Player campaign; instead, you will follow many soldiers from different camps. Follow them as they tell you the stories that you may have never known. And of course, blast your way through the enemy camps in the multiplayer mode. Pick your preferred weapon and go for some headshots. Battlefield 1 will be released worldwide on October 21st for the PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-vAxVh8ins

To top off this week's list is Sid Meier's Civilization VI. In Sid Meier's Civilization, you are meant to help grow the small tribe you rule into a worldwide empire that controls all. Expand the city, gather resources, attack the other nations, and maintain diplomatic bonds with the nations that haven't pissed you off, all during various periods of development. Sid Meier's Civilization VI will be released on October 21st on the PC worldwide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSCTlpEM9Vw

In terms of hardware, the PlayStation VR will be released this week. Previously known as Project Morpheus, the virtual reality dream is becoming a reality (not for me, though, all I get is nausea). The target for the end of the year is 50 playable games for the PlayStation VR. If you have the money, stomach, and patience, and have seen a game that would be worth all the hassle, now you can enjoy all the wonders of virtual reality.

100ft Robot Golf (NA, EU)
    Ace Banana (NA, EU)
    Batman: Arkham VR (NA, EU, JP)
    Battlezone (NA, EU)
    Bound (NA)
    Cyber Danganronpa VR (JP)
    Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 (JP)
    Drive Club VR (NA, EU, JP)
    Eve: Gunjack (NA, EU, JP)
    Eve: Valkyrie (NA, EU, JP)
    Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X HD (NA, JP)
    Hatsune Miku: VR Future Live (JP)
    Headmaster (NA, EU)
    Here They Lie (NA, EU, JP)
    Hustle Kings VR (NA, EU)
    Job Simulator (NA, EU)
    Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes (NA, EU)
    Loading Human (NA, EU)
    The Playroom VR (NA, EU, JP)
    PlayStation VR Worlds (NA, EU, JP)
    Rez Infinite (NA, EU, JP)
    RIGS: Mechanized Combat League (NA, EU, JP)

This was [member='AzurAurora'] with the Bi-Weekly update. I hope you enjoyed!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Sanctuary likes this.