1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Article The Games Biweekly 28 Oct - 10 Nov

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Morgaine, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    This is [member='AzurAurora'] with yet another installment of the Games Bi-Weekly. We are rapidly approaching November and we have another great line-up for these two weeks.

As you all know, release dates differ between regions. I live in Europe and sometimes I miss North American or Japanese release dates. That is my fault, but I will try to include your region as well. [SIZE=10.5pt]This list will include mostly the big AAA games that will be released, like stuff from Ubisoft, Sony, Nintendo, Square Enix, EA, Microsoft, etc. Smaller games tend to fall off the radar, but I will try to catch them on my way. I will always include the consoles the game will be released on, the dates, and if I can, a trailer or a link to the trailer. [/SIZE]

This week we start with another game of Square Enix: World of Final Fantasy. Instead of the normal, very dark, and serious nature of the Final Fantasy series, World of Final Fantasy goes down a different path. We are talking about mostly chibi versions of the FF characters here. The storyline focuses on siblings Lann and Reynn, who suffer from amnesia and hold the power in one of their arms to capture and wield Mirages, the monsters of Grymoire. You can even summon other FF characters to help you out during battle. World of Final Fantasy has already been released in North America on October 25th; Japan has had the opportunity to get a copy from the 27th and onward. Europe can get the game starting today on the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9w33G6p_lA

The next game is Root Letter, as in the mathematical square root symbol. Root Letter is a visual novel adventure game, not unlike the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney series. In this game, you are trying to figure out what happened to Aya, your pen pal, who disappeared 15 years ago. The gameplay will be split into two distinct parts: the adventure parts, where the player interrogates characters who knew Aya in order to find more information about her; and the simulation parts, where the player relives and plays through prior interactions with Aya. Japan is already enjoying this game, and the other regions will follow soon. Europe will receive it today, and it will be released in North America on November 1st. Root Letter is available on the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03k5501lktQ

The 3D fighter Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, the sequel to Dragon Ball Xenoverse, is the next one on the list. This time 68 characters have been confirmed to join the fighting roster. Coincidentally, by the time this article is online, the game will already have been released in North America on October 25th. In Europe, it will be released today, the 28th, and in Japan on November 2nd. These dates are for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. On the PC, it will be released worldwide on October 27th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnUbg-9v_bE

Titanfall 2 is also scheduled for today. The sequel to the successful game Titanfall is going to have a worldwide release so everyone can enjoy it at the same time. In Titanfall 2, you pilot one of the Titans, which are literal monster machines, on the battlefield. The game is probably more known for being a good multiplayer game, but Titanfall 2 promises a good single-player campaign as well. Six new Titan types are added to the game for your enjoyment. Titanfall 2 will be released worldwide today!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXwdWuSuiYA

Then we have my absolute favorite game of all time: Poke... No, wait, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. Well damn, it is just not my day is it? The game's campaign is centered around a battle for the Solar System, which the Settlement Defense Front (SDF), a hostile force who are the main antagonists, is attempting to take over. The player takes control of Captain Nick Reyes of the Special Combat Air Recon (SCAR). They will have their own transforming fighter, named "Jackal", that they can customize as well as a central hub world named "Retribution". Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare will be released on November 4th worldwide on the PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_87zvl0LcEg

The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim — Special edition will be released worldwide on October 28th on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
    Hitman - Episode 6: Hokkaido will appear on October 31st worldwide for the PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
    The Link Between Worlds DLC for Hyrule Warriors Legend will be released on October 31st for the Nintendo 3DS.

This was [member='AzurAurora'] with this week's Games Biweekly! I will see you all next time!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...