1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gen 6 The good, the bad, the ugly: Gen VI

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Halcyon Storm, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    This was the first gen in awhile where I took the context of the story more seriously and the second generation in a row that felt heavier to me in terms of theme. The game was about life and death and it made me think more about how my decisions affected the gameplay as well as make me think more about real life. This game was personal to me much the same way gen 5 was with the moral questions it posed. This gen did in fact prove in my opinion that having might does not make you right.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    Good: The new movement system is so much better. Getting rid of the whole grid movement made the world feel a lot more open. The region itself was super charming and memorable, as were the new Pokémon. The most important parts of the game are done super well.

Bad: The game is WAAAAYYY too easy. The champion is pretty much a joke, despite having a mega evolution. I pretty much stomped my way through every time I beat it.

Ugly: The rivals. Oh my goodness. They are awful, and totally forgettable. And there are way too many of them.

Special: Character Customization. This was a huge step for the Pokémon franchise, and they did it really well. I liked being able to change my haircuts and clothing, and there is even a pretty decent variety for that too.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Good: The PSS! Such a good way to connect with other players. Also, rollerskates and fairy types!

Bad: Long cutscenes. Not a big fan.

Ugly: NPCs were very flat characters. I didn't feel like I could connect with them at all.