1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The Grammar Police

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by Wizard, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,410.7
    The grammar police have been running rampant for a long time. These people correct grammar spelling, and are generally against the way people type on the internet. The grammar police have seemingly become fewer in number over time, but they can still be found lurking on Youtube and other platforms.

Are you a member of the grammar police? Do you try to use good grammar on the internet? How do you feel when somebody online corrects your grammar?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. LuluRina

LuluRina Swimmer

(Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽294.5
    I'm... half in the grammar police? I'll correct grammar mistakes if its really bad, or when someone try's to correct someone else's grammar mistake where there is none, but other then that I don't really do much correcting

And I try to use good grammar, although some words I can NOT get right

When someone corrects my grammar, I feel thankful for them noticing a grammar mistake xD

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Talarc

Talarc Swimmer

Muro
    (Whismur)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽935.8
    I always try to keep my spelling and grammar as good as I can online, no matter what site I'm on. I tend not to correct other people's grammar on social media or in forum posts unless it's so bad that their meaning is completely lost since I know that it's a pain to double-check everything when you're just posting a short message.

When it comes to fanfiction and other writing, I do expect people to keep their spelling and grammar in order and have no qualms about pointing out these kinds of mistakes when giving feedback. I try to be as objective and neutral when doing this to avoid sounding judgemental.

Rezna likes this.
  4. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I used to be in the grammar police, back when leet speak was popular and everyone was using it and driving me absolutely insane. These days I don't really care, as long as I can read what the other person is saying...and if I can't, then it's probably not worth reading!

5. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,275.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    I am a member, but I am a terrible one. My own grammar isn't the best.

6. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    i am a diehard member of the grammar police...... i like to make sure my writing is perfect and spotless (on lv i do lapslock because i dont like taking myself too seriously on this site) and i get very annoyed very fast if someone is breaking the grammar rules!!! especially when people ask me to proofread their fanfics and i write a whole essay and how to basic fucking grammar only for them to not even listen and continue their terrible grammar the next chapter!!! im looking at you, person on ff.net who this story pertains to

i dont really care if people correct my grammar because i know it anyway and it was probably a typo, it only annoys me when people act like little brats over it

Talarc and ChocoChicken like this.
  7. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I really do not care how others do grammar on the internet. If I can read it, then an accomplishment has been made. I try to do my best grammar on the internet and I'm generally thankful whenever someone calls out a grammar mistake. The reason I'm thankful is because I'm almost a grown adult and I still find grammar hard. Not to mention I'm trying to perfect my grammar for the stories I'm writing so if someone does point out a flaw, I can correct it and be certain it wont show up in a published work.

8. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    When it comes to my own grammar, I try my best to make it on par with my writing at school (albeit a bit more casual). I think it makes my posts better and it’s great practice for future writing efforts. I do get slightly miffed if someone has bad grammar online, but I never interject. If someone wants to type that way, they’re entitled to do so. Granted, I am less likely to read what someone writes if they don’t put in that extra effort.

9. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    I'm not a part of the Grammar police, simply because my own grammar doesn't allow it. I don't have a problem with people correcting my grammar if there are a few big errors, but it also annoys me when people correct every little mistake I made.

10. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    I Am Mostly Half Of The Police Gang. I Used Grammarly For This In Free Plan So Do Expect A Little Grammer Errors. If Anyone Correct My Grammar, It Is Okay For Me Because I Can Forget Sometimes.

11. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Ice Stone ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    I am a devoted member of the Grammar Police. I try to keep my grammar and spelling accurate, no matter where I am(unless I'm using horrible grammar on purpose). I honestly don't mind if anyone corrects my grammar, as it is usually a careless mistake.