1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP The Jeweled Champions and Friends (IC thread)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, Dec 10, 2018.

1. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Robert thought about it for a second, then nodded. "Okay, that makes a lot of sense. I think that, for me personally, lawful good would be best. As for costumes..." he trailed off as he scanned the various outfits. Many of the martial artist outfits were the standard gi and hakama getup, though they had varying colors and places where - he assumed - patches signifying training schools could be attached and detatched easily. "... I'll likely just go with a red or orange for the main color."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @Laserdragon14 @ShinigamiMiroku @ChocoChicken

With the guests occupied getting into costume, Brock was making some last minute preparations to the dungeon master's nook. "Our guests haven't played Chambers before, so I will be explaining more than usual to make sure they understand how everything works." he assured a chatter.

In the costume closet, Misty told Carolyn "Minstrels typically wear colorful and sparkling costumes, and we have plenty of those." she explained as she unearthed a red martial artist's costume for Robert to wear.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Robert took the outfit and, after walking over to a mirror, held it against his body. While he was in shape, he wasn't very buff, so he was beginning to feel a bit nervous about not looking the part. Still frowning, he then stepped into a changing room and changed into his costume. "Another question - do we need to wear stage-makeup?" he asked Misty over the door.

4. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @ShinigamiMiroku

"Not necessarily--we're in standard lights, not stage lights." Misty replied. "If we did have stage lights in the gaming room, we would, but we're just under everyday lighting."

5. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    "That's a relief; I've done a fair bit of theatre, and stage-makeup was always the worst part of it for me," Robert replied humorously, trying to calm his nerves through his reminiscing and humor.

6. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,338.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Carolyn nodded. "I was thinking of something in warm colors, like orange or yellow - do you happen to have anything like that?"

7. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
  8. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    "Sold out?" Robert exclaimed as he fastened the belt of his outfit. "That's incredible! Must've really been something. For me, it was just a hobby, but I'll tell you what, I really loved doing it." He let out a light sigh as he looked at himself in the mirror one last time. Stepping out, he asked, "So, how do I look?"

9. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Shadow quickly changed clothes in a dressing room and looked at himself in a mirror.
    "Not exactly my style," he concluded. "But it isn't like I'm going to be keeping this thing so it'll be fine."

10. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,338.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    "It's perfect! Thanks a lot, Misty!" Dashing into an empty changing room, she speedily changed into this new outfit.

11. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9

"You're welcome!" Misty smiled as she followed Carolyn into the gaming room. "You look perfect, by the way." she assured Robert.

Brock, meanwhile, organized the adventure books. "Everyone's here....shall we get started?"

12. Laserdragon14

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Shadow walked in from the dressing room right as Brock spoke.
    "If everyone is ready then let's go," thought Shadow as he tried to hide his excitement.

13. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9

Misty took a moment to leave some 20 sided dice at the guests' places at the table. "d20's! d20's! d20's for everyone!"

"That d20 is your battle dice--more on that when we actually get to fight." Brock explained before cuing some adventurous music to signal that the adventuring was beginning...

14. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    "Thank you, Misty..." Robert replied as he picked up one of the dice and rolled it carefully in his hand for a minute, then placing it back in its place.

15. Laserdragon14

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Shadow chose to say nothing. He carefully grabbed the die and started looking at each individual number on it.

16. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9

(unlike the real D&D game, you don't need a million dice to do the same action--all you basically need are a d20 and a d6. Brock uses DungeonNav's digital dice roller to do all the rolling)

After introducing Shadow, Robert, and Carolyn to the online audience, Brock went on "If this is your first time watching, let's have everyone go around and introduce their characters."

"My character is Aldaron the Red, a neutral good human wizard of the Redstorm Wizard Enclave." Ash explains. "Unlike most wizards, the wizards of Redstorm learn to wield such weapons as swords and bows, in hopes they will lend their magic to the battlefield. Shuddering at the thought of being dragon fodder..."

Giggles go up at this. "...Aldaron decided to venture out on his own, looking for others that fought for peace and justice."

"My character is Dame Meri of Halidor, a lawful good Blue Dragon magic knight." Misty explains. "Trained in the ways of the blade and magic, she longed to see what lay beyond the walls of the city. So with her captain's blessing, she began searching for others with a similar cause."

Serena gets up from the table. "My character is Christine Belmont, a lawful good runeblade of the Lumiere school of spellfencing. After several years of training, she yearns to make a name for herself as a great hero."

"Okay...now for the guests to introduce their characters." Brock went on.

17. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    He glanced to the others for a moment, then decided to take the lead. "I am Keda Flameheart, a lawful good dwarven fighter. My people are known for their mastery of weapon forging and usage, but I felt called to defend with my two hands instead."

18. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @ShinigamiMiroku

Hearts and like icons went up for Robert's character introduction. The chat thought a dwarven fighter was a cool and interesting idea. Most guests that played dwarves tended to play them as physical tanks, or clerics if they could use magic at all.

19. Laserdragon14

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Shadow never liked talking in front of an audience but he stepped up as soon as the person playing as Keda was finished so that he could at least get it over with.
    "My character is Sharian Frostrunner, a neutral good Elven Runeblade. He came from a family of magic wielders but he felt that he was better at using his magic through runes. He trained for many years with a mentor before deciding to go on his own adventure," stuttered Shadow, unable to hide how nervous he was.

20. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @Laserdragon14

The chat seemed to sense Shadow was nervous, and sent him some welcome emojis, "Good job!" emojis, and like icons to assure him that his intro was good. It wasn't often that someone played a neutral runeblade, but when they did, they were most likely the fire or ice archetype.

@ShinigamiMiroku @ChocoChicken

(the online chatters will mainly cheer you guys on, but sometimes they will encourage you, offer hints, or make jokes and memes about the unfolding action.)