1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP The Jeweled Champions (and Friends), v. 2.0 (IC thread)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, Apr 11, 2019.

1. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @ShinigamiMiroku @ChocoChicken

Here we go! The adventures begin now!

The party for this stream:

Brock: In the DM's chair
    Ash: Aldaron the Red (lv.1 human battlemage wizard)
    Misty: Dame Meri of Halidor (lv. 1 human Blue Dragon magic knight)
    Serena: Christine Belmont (lv. 1 human light runeblade)
    Robert: Keda Flameheart (lv. 1 flame dwarf fighter)
    Seth: Lúthion Forestwhisper (lv. 1 elven arcanist wizard)

The main screen in the enclave blipped to life to show Brock and the table in the familiar game room where "The Jeweled Champions (and Friends)" was filmed. "And we're rolling camera--we have a little time before we get going, since everyone is still changing into costume." he assured the chat.

Once sure the main camera and the PC that controlled all the cameras, the main screen, sound effects, and music were ready, Brock brought over a large box full of Chambers and Charizards adventure books over to his dungeon master's nook before a question in the chat got his attention. "In addition to the three regulars, we have a few guests tonight. If you want to come play with us, drop us a message and we'll be happy to work out the details." he explained as he put up the addresses for the show's e-mail and different social media channels--Pokebook, Chitter, Memogram, and MyTube.

In another part of the complex, Serena--wearing a red plaid runeblade's outfit--welcomed the two guests to the large complex somewhere in the heart of Pallet Town. "Hi, come on in! Thanks for coming to play with us tonight."

She heard Brock asking something in the main game room. "Do you want to make a character first, or get your costume first?"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Apr 11, 2019
    Last edited: May 12, 2019
  2. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Robert nodded his head in respect toward Serena. "It's a pleasure to be here; I'm very excited to be here," he said, his voice level but his eyes shining. "It would probably be best to make our characters first, so that we know what would be best to wear."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,338.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    "I... I would have to agree with that," Seth chimed.

4. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @ShinigamiMiroku @ChocoChicken

"Okay, this way." Serena replied, leading the boys down a long hallway to the main gaming room.

Brock smiles when he sees you both. "Hi there! Thanks for coming to play with us."

He reaches for some blank character sheets, and gives one to each of you. "If you've played before, this should be familiar. But I'll help you out if you need it."

5. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,338.0
    The blond picked up a sheet and gave it a look-over. "My... my apologies, but could you please explain the different races? I'd like to know what races there are and what impact different races may have on the game."

6. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @ChocoChicken

"Humans, elves, dwarves and halflings should be familiar if you've read any fantasy novel or seen any fantasy movie." Brock replies. "Humans have no innate abilities, but do get a slight bonus to their stats. Elves have the innate abilities of farsight--being able to see things happening far away--keen senses, and attunement to magic, meaning magic is stronger when they cast it, and they are more likely to resist it. Dwarves have innate nightvision, fire resistance, and poison resistance. Halflings have the Courage trait, meaning you can't intimidate or scare them; plus high luck and speed. Tieflings have innate fire resistance and enhanced vision, and automatically know the Dark Fire spell. Sylvan have magic resistance, farsight or nightvision depending on what elemental you pick, and high luck. Sirena have innate magical breathing, cold resistance, and automatically know the Swanna Song spell. Lightsworn have dark resistance, nightvision, can't be deceived, intimidated, or scared, innate healing ability, and invincibility, in a way--if their HP reaches zero, they don't get dazed--they return to the heavens.

#6 Apr 13, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  7. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,338.0
    "Thanks for explaining," Seth replied. "And, uh, what classes would you recommend for an Elf character? From what I can tell, magic classes would be a good idea, but which types in particular?"

8. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @ChocoChicken

"Elves are naturally good magic users, so they make good wizards--especially the battlemage archetype, so they can wield a magebow." Brock replies. "They are also very fast, so they make good rangers and rogues. They are also very attuned to music, so they make natural minstrels, as well. If you want a more physical elf, they make good fighters or runeblades."

@ShinigamiMiroku

"Welcome back." Brock smiles. "Are you using the same character as the last time you came, or would you like to make a new one?"

#8 Apr 14, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  9. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    "Thank you, Brock," Robert replied. "If it's all the same to you, I would like to use the same character."

10. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @ShinigamiMiroku @ChocoChicken @LuluRina

"Okay...welcome back, Keda Flameheart." Brock smiled as he inputted the character into his database. "If there's no tweaks you need to make, go on and get into costume."

11. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,338.0
    "If its all right, may I try using an elven wizard or animist?" Seth asked. "And what are the archetypes for either of the classes above?"

12. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @ChocoChicken

"Okay...there's just as many wizard archetypes as there is ways to do magic, but for simplicity's sake, I'm only going to offer you three--arcanist, elementalist, or battlemage." Brock explained. "The player's handbook has a lot more options, and there's even more out there in the homebrew community."

He went on "The arcanist is the more scholarly wizard, and some of their skills overlap with the elementalist. The elementalist draws on the elements of the world to do damage--a black mage, in Final Fantasy parlance. The battlemage is the red mage, if you will. Their magic can both help and hurt, and they have trained their bodies as well as their minds, allowing them to wield special magic infused swords and bows. Ash's main character is an example of a bow-wielding battlemage."

Brock then turned a few pages to the Animist section of the player handbook. "The animist is akin to a druid or a geomancer, in that they draw their magic from nature. While they can draw magic from any terrain, many animists specialize in a type of terrain--their circle. An elven animist would be at home in the Circle of the Forest, the Circle of the Plain, or Circle of the Mountain."

13. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,338.0
    "In that case, I might want to try an elven arcanist, please," Seth replied, "as long as everyone is all right with that."

14. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @ChocoChicken

"That's fine." Serena smiles as she arrives in the room.

Brock set the name generator in DungeonNav to "Elf". "Before we go any further, let's give your character a name. Try to pick something easy to pronounce and easy to spell--since this is how I will be addressing you in game."

15. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,338.0
    "Are there any themes I should be naming my character after?" the blond asked.

16. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @ChocoChicken

"Elven names tend to sound very melodic, almost musical-like." Brock explains. "If you need a real world analogue, Low Galarian or Italian would sound closest to elven."

(Low Galarian=Irish Gaelic in the Pokeworld)

17. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    (I'm finally done with college! At least for now...)

Robert would have already moved on to putting on his costume, but he was also interested in the mage classes. That said, he knew that it would take him a bit to find and don the costume he wore last time, so at this point he decided to make his way to the costume section. Once there, he quickly began to leaf through the various costumes until he found what he wore beforehand. A question popped into his head, but since he knew Brock was busy helping Seth he decided it could wait until later.

18. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
  19. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    @WavePearl

(basically, if any weapons/abilities those who were on before would be kept for this segment, or if everyone was starting off fresh)

20. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @ShinigamiMiroku

(Ash, Misty, and Serena always keep the same characters for consistency's sake. What changes are guest characters. If a guest has been on before, they can keep their character or make a new one. If you choose to keep your character, it is reset to Level 1.)