1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The little things

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Jeydis, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,293.6
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    This is something I have been noticing of the newer games of late. Love them or hate then the newest games bring in something interesting that I adore: details. Small moments and things that they added to different places in the game to make them unique.

Here are some that I really like:
    - How in Hoenn your character takes off their shoes when entering homes.
    - Kneeling in homes to talk to people kneeling on the ground.
    - The feeling of jetting across the ocean on Sharpedo feeling perfectly like dashing around on a Sea-doo
    - The lightning in the dive sections in ORAS.
    - Speaking of diving, the little Pokémon that you see floating about on the un mapped edges of the screen are also great.
    And so many more.

So what have you guys found and liked? Anything that made you laugh or smile?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I liked the underwater tunnel in B2/W2, where you can see a lot of Unovan Pokémon swimming around, from Basculin to Frillish to even sometimes a Wailord swimming overhead. I thought that was cool.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    I like how nurse Joy bows to you after healing your Pokémon ;u;

Furie likes this.
  4. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    Y'know, the developers put a lot into those "little things" and it's very easy to overlook them, not even noticing that stuff.

Like in Sun & Moon, how you can see the trainers along with their Pokémon while in battle and they'll gesture when making a move. Next thing they need to do is make animations for recalling defeated Pokémon and applying items and such.

5. Jeydis

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,293.6
    Oh man I miss that place, such a cool addition for pure eye candy.

SnowboundBecca likes this.
  6. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I'm pretty sure that in either HGSS or the Gen V games, you could randomly hear the cries of Pokémon who can be found in the current location when just wandering about a route. I really enjoyed that, unless I'm imagining it. It adds a sense of actually being in nature: it's not just you and the opponent, but you're surrounded by wildlife.

7. DeleteAbsol

DeleteAbsol Absol-utely Bad

Pichu
    (Pichu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20.9
    Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    I honestly like how the backgrounds of the Battle scenes are actually more vibrant and more lifelike, not even counting the moves the Pokémon themselves use.

8. Furie

Furie Black Belt

Slagros
    (Umbreon)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽60.9
    This might sound dated but I just love love love the detail of each Pokémon sprite following our character in Soul Silver/Heart Gold. That game will always hold a special place in my heart because you could have any Pokémon you wanted following your character around and it was so cute.

9. Jeydis

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,293.6
    I love that in the current games, such a nice touch.

Yes! I love the beach/water setting from Sun and Moon. Like you swam over to a shallow bit to do your battle with your non-water types. Adds some nice logic and detail to it all. Good choice!

I really want them to bring that feature back.

Furie likes this.
  10. DeleteAbsol

DeleteAbsol Absol-utely Bad

Pichu
    (Pichu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20.9
    Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Of course the details really only started in Gen5 and then they actually progressively made it better.

11. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    In the original Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, I'm not sure if it's in the remakes or not, the invisible Keckleon on the bridge that blocks your path leaves a shadow on the water below.

[​IMG]

Wiso Altred likes this.
  12. Wiso Altred

Wiso Altred Dragon Tamer

tetsu
    (Ledyba)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽66.8
    Oh wow! I never noticed that!, this might have just become my new favorite "little thing" in Pokémon.

Wolf Expert likes this.
  13. Teddybear2345

Teddybear2345 Which is cooler, to be cool, or uncool?

PokéPoints:
    ₽529.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Bicycle ★★Razz Berry ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Slowpoke Tail ★★★★
    Hmmm. I liked the hex maniacs selling moo moo milk for some reason...
    I always bought heaps of it too lol

I was always wondering why they sold it all the time...