1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Featured The Lunch Table - for non-Pokémon chatting!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sheep, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Grimwave

Grimwave Decepticon

Megatron
    (Beldum)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽153.2
    Dome Fossil ★★★Premier Ball ★Darkinum Z ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Yeah, my parent's marriage is really just... not working any more. There is no relationship between them and they fight all the time. My mom hasn't had any good relationships in her life.

It would have been fine if she had just disapproved and nothing else, I could have gone on with that, but instead she chose to force us apart and end the relationship in a way that just did not feel natural at all.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    Maybe that could be taken as a test in and of itself? If your relationship is strong enough, it'll persist regardless of what your parents say or do. I highly doubt it's intentional - or if it is, it take the "cruel to be kind" idea to uncomfortable extremes - but maybe it's something to take away for the future.

I keep most things private...I don't really want my parents involved in any way with my personal life. My mother's issues are more with me than anything else; she picks holes in everything I do and she would definitely attack the idea of me having a meaningful relationship with another person. She seems to think that just because she can't tolerate my anxiety - or rather, she thinks I'm putting it all on for sympathy, not wanting to work full-time or move out, etc - that nobody else will want to be around me either.

...I suppose time has more or less proven her right, as I have no friends to speak of. But I won't let her destroy the one good thing in my life just because she thinks I should be unhappy because she isn't happy with the person I am.

Yeah. Parental advisory sucks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Grimwave

Grimwave Decepticon

Megatron
    (Beldum)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽153.2
    The problem was that in school the rules on PDA are VERY strict, like you can't even hold hands or anything, and outside of school I was never allowed to go to her house, and eventually my mom didn't allow her to come to my house.

4. Poffin

Poffin King of Destruction

Alolan Meowth
    (Alolan Meowth)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,384.2
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    My high school was nasty kids would just make out wherever. x_x

5. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I guess that I have one of the more tame schools cause I haven't even seen anyone make-out since my first year of middle school and I haven't heard of anyone getting expelled for any reason (Though I've heard that there is one kid at the school that worships Odin and believes that the Vikings were the reason that we won WW2, but that is about as weird as I've heard it gets here)

6. Grimwave

Grimwave Decepticon

Megatron
    (Beldum)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽153.2
    Okay, ngl I laughed at the Odin and the vikings part.
    At my last school my friend... actually believed in the Greek gods or something

7. Laserdragon14

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    there are always those extra weird kids at schools apparently, but I'm not sure which one is more weird though...

8. FNT

FNT Collector

Storm The Fort
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽116.2
    Ultra Ball ★★
    My high school is extremely bad in so many ways, but the education is ok i guess

9. Grimwave

Grimwave Decepticon

Megatron
    (Beldum)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽153.2
    My high school has pretty good education, but the rules are just so ridiculous.

10. Laserdragon14

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    I think the most strict thing about the school rules is this, say that there is this certain place, let's say band or chorus, and you usually go there every day, the teacher can't make a pass that says that you can basically go every day, the teacher has to make an individual pass for each day that you go. Overall, I've been told that this school that I go to has the best education in the area...which isn't saying much, tbh.

11. Grimwave

Grimwave Decepticon

Megatron
    (Beldum)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽153.2
    That sounds really dumb...

12. Laserdragon14

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    It is the same people that made a no-backpack rule when I was in Middle School too, which gives me "great confidence" in these people...

13. Grimwave

Grimwave Decepticon

Megatron
    (Beldum)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽153.2
    No backpack...? Ugh, that's ridiculous.

14. Laserdragon14

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    The reason was that people could use it to smuggle stuff (Drugs and weapons mainly) into the school (which I don't think that would stop people that wanted to bring them from bringing them, imo)

15. Grimwave

Grimwave Decepticon

Megatron
    (Beldum)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽153.2
    Yeah, it's not going to stop anything unless there are body checks/metal detectors

16. Laserdragon14

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    which only stuff like that happens in schools where kids that commit crimes go to, that I know of, but I haven't seen schools that are designed like that.

17. Grimwave

Grimwave Decepticon

Megatron
    (Beldum)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽153.2
    Yeah, if that happened getting into school would be like going through airport security

18. Laserdragon14

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    I know someone that is probably going somewhere like that cause she got caught with illegal drugs in the school

19. Grimwave

Grimwave Decepticon

Megatron
    (Beldum)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽153.2
  20. Laserdragon14

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    In that case, I use "know" loosely cause that sometimes means that I've talked to her, know her name, but never really knew her too well as a person.