1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Featured The Lunch Table - for non-Pokémon chatting!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sheep, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I know band camp isn't just playing instruments, but I'm just imagining people standing on a football field, everybody playing a trombone, just to keep everybody at a distance from each other, and trying to play through the masks. I know that band camp is super trying, but the image just made me laugh.

2. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I’m glad to be done with band camps, the stuff that I’m hearing about band camp at the school that I went to....it just sounds terrible. Half the dots, online practice sessions, going to two different schools for band camp.
    Just one more of reason to be glad to have graduated before 2021, imo.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Band camps? What be those?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,124.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    It’s for marching bands where they have a week or two to learn the basics for the halftime show and such.

Laserdragon14 likes this.
  5. Jupjami

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
  6. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    ah band camps..... ive only heard stories of them from my sister bc i wasnt the band kid (i was more vocals) but from what i know its usually hot at least here....... i dont think i could do it normally so when u throw in the masks which just make everything hotter i think id drop dead so. rad u are powerful.

the most i know about marching band is thru an au fic i read once so idk if that really applies here lmfao

7. Laserdragon14

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    How’s everyone’s August so far?

8. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    Those Temperatures are really getting to me haha
    But otherwise it was pretty cool, tho it has been stressful at times due to personal matters.
    What about yours?

9. Laserdragon14

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Got stuff squared away to start college next semester (I didn't want to do it this semester). And I'm trying to get back into the habit of writing regularly again.

10. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    My August has had a pretty bad start if I'm being honest. I studied an entire week basically nonstop for finals which was just about torture, only for my exams to not even go particularly well. I ended up being 0.6 points away from getting a grade I needed to transfer in one of my classes so I spent several hours worried that I had screwed everything up only for my teacher to tell me that it got rounded up anyways. Now that finals week is over, I emailed my advisor about scheduling new classes because they start in less than two weeks...aaaaaand no response yet.

I'm starting to hate college.

11. Laserdragon14

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    I wish you the best of luck. What degree are you trying to get rn?

DuoM2 likes this.
  12. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    Computer science. I'm very close to being able to transfer to a pretty good school for stuff like that since my current school doesn't offer many classes in that field.

Laserdragon14 likes this.
  13. Laserdragon14

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    I've heard that transferring to different colleges can be a tedious and stressful process. Again I wish you the best of luck.

DuoM2 likes this.
  14. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    Thank you. I think the worst part about all of this has been how limiting I've been in the classes I've been able to take. The school I plan on going to also is weird about what all transfers, and since they aren't considering all the credit hours I've taken during high school towards their minimum for me to count as a transfer student, I might have a "dead zone" semester where I've run out of classes to take and have to do nothing. Thankfully, I think I'll be able to avoid it, but I have friends who have taken far more classes than I have during high school and I could see any one of them being in a worse scenario than I am.

15. Laserdragon14

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Some colleges can be the biggest jerks. There is one around here that'll find the smallest reason to not take your transfer credits. Thankfully, I'm not planning to go to that school.

DuoM2 likes this.
  16. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,124.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Welp everyone in my school’s color guard got contact traced from someone in guard who has covid, so we all have to quarantine for 2 weeks before returning to school. We couldn’t even go to the football game last Friday, and we were all sent home. Missing one football game normally isn’t too bad since there are always more, but this year band can only go to the home games, so we’ve only had maybe 4 games. I think there’s one more game this year, and I’m hoping it’s not within the next 2 weeks.

17. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Stay safe, Rad.
    My mom makes us this drink every night: warm water+turmeric powder+a lemon squeezed.
    It doesn't taste so good, but it's good for your body.

18. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,645.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Meanwhile, me: getting hectic with work from home...

19. Jupjami

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    same but replace "work" with "school"

20. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    In Germany it is quite manageable so far. No Lockdown, so schools/colleges can be visited and people aren't forced to commit to the pleasure that is home-office as far as I know. Wonder for how long it's gonna stay this way here, seeing they tightened the corona-measures again.