1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The LV Cookbook! Post Your Recipes and Recipe Reviews Here!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Almandine-G, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Almandine-G

Almandine-G All Men Are Equal

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    Have you just got an amazing recipe in your hands? One that you really want to share with the public? Maybe you're just here to find recipes...

Well, here we now finally have a recipe thread! Feel free to post your own recipes for food here, be they cakes, bread, casseroles or ramen! All recipes, recipe reviews and recipe requests are acceptable here, provided they stay on topic!

So sit round the table and show us what you can make! Mmmm, delicious omnomnomnom

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Smooshie and BiohazardSr like this.
  2. BiohazardSr

BiohazardSr My name is Sid. Sid the Bard

PokéPoints:
    ₽71.6
    My go to recipe for bread. For those who haven't worked with yeast, use warm water (about the temperature of your skin), try to use active dry, and not compressed, whisk the yeast and water together for a little bit, and then finally let it sit for about ten minutes. You should see the yeast bubbling and riding and dining in the water. When mixing the dry ingredients with the wet, put the dry in the mixing bowl first then slowly add the yeast mix to it while it's mixing. I recommend brushing an egg wash, or olive oil, on top. Other good additions would be to dust the bottom with corn meal, and sprinkle a generous amount of shredded cheese on top. Also make sure to quarter the ingredient amounts or else you're gonna get a lot of bread.

Y'all got any questions, feel free to ask

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Iridescent Isabelle likes this.
  3. BiohazardSr

PokéPoints:
    ₽71.6
    Alright since no one has posted here, and it's been a while since I posted last, I'm going to post again. With a request. Can anybody recommend me a good recipe for salsa? Also does anybody know a good recipe for homemade corn chips? And finally I'm looking for a jambalaya recipe. I'll be happy to give one of my recipes to something if y'all do.

4. mweep

mweep The Roaming Legendary

PokéPoints:
    ₽21.3
    Well... can't help with salsa. Or anything else you asked for.
    Although I have a really good recipe for guacomole:

Mix/Mince together diced jalapenos, onions, parsley, and salt in a mortar and pestle
    ​Chop avocado into halves, peel and pit them, and chop into generous sized cubes
    Mix the two, tossing them slightly, and half mash them.
    Squeeze in some lime juice and garnish with parsely
    It will be nice and chunky, with good texture and taste!
    Amounts are up to you, I usually do 2 jalapenos, 1 layer of an onion, and a handful of parsley and a dash of salt.
    Add the jalapeno ribs and seeds if you want heat, otherwise don't put them in and it will be relatively mild

5. BiohazardSr

PokéPoints:
    ₽71.6
  6. Iridescent Isabelle

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    This might be rather random but my favourite thing to bake are brie pastries. They're very easy to make, too.

All you need is pastry dough (bladerdeeg in Dutch), brie, cinnamon, sugar, and honey.

You lay the brie on the pastry, sprinkle cinnamon, sugar, and pour honey over it, and fold the pastry closed. 15 to 20 minutes in the oven and voila! Even I can make it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.