1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Giveaway The Might of the Regis!

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by Strytho, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    The Might of the Regis!

Regigigas has come back to the forfront and is calling the other golems to stand beside it! But all Pokémon stand better with a mighty trainer at their side. Will you be the one to answer the call? Each Regi is gathering in numbers at one of three temples, and the journey to each one will be long and trecherous. You will only have time to go to one temple before you make the journey to meet the mighty Regigigas. So, which temple will you choose? Pick wisely, because you only get one chance and one Regi!

Temple of Rock
    The temple of Rock is located in the deserts to the south. The hot air and blowing sands are but nothing compared to your stoic determination! You have enough water and food to last you two days, but you have made it a good deal of the way into the desert in only a few hours. As you journery in further you see wild Pokémon scurry away from you, no doubt sensing a strong trainer in you. As you make your way futher in the shifting sands expose what looks like small stone walls and towers, maybe there was a town here once; you ignore it as this is not the time to explore. You make your way over a giant sand dune to find your destination, a massive stone structure in the center of the desert surrounded by six stone towers. You noticed that the walls have crumbled and at the center is a large step pyramid. As you make your way up the steps and to the front door of the temple you notices it is abandoned, yet some how full of life; there is a presence that you cannot describe. You travel into the temple and make your way down to its heart in the lower areas and find a single large room, this is what you have been searching for. You make your way to the center and place your hand on a stone pedastool. A hole opens up in the floor, and before you stand the mighty golem of stone, Regirock! It places a special stone like ball in your hand and gives you a nod. You know what to do!

Temple of Ice
    You make your way through the frozen tundra in the north. The frigid temperatures are nowhere near as cold as the ruthless determination that powers your legs forward towards the valley just up the hill. The blasting winds and harsh snow fall can't even slow you down as you make your way up a steep incline into the valley. You notice that the weather is so harsh that you can't even see a single Pokémon around you. Perhaps they fear the storm, or something else further ahead. You see a large structure in the distance, massive and ancient, and you feel a powerful presence dwelling within. After a long trek you finally make it to the building, crafted entirely of ice! You marvel at its beauty before you ascend the steps and push open the door. You call out but hear no response, as you walk in you notice that the temperature seems to be colder inside than outside! But that still doesn't stop you. As you shiver you light a torch on the wall with a matchbook you kept deep in your pocket. The flame provides a good deal of light but little warmth to aid you. You begin to look around and find that many of the walls and rooms have caved in over the years, but there is still a single large room still intact. As you make your way to the center of a large room with a crystal Pokéball and a hand marking on the far wall. As you press your hand in the cold stops bothering you as a door opens up behind you in the floor. Out rises the mighty Regice! It walks to you and stops as if waiting for something. Time to go for it!

Temple of Steel
    You are in the lower part of the mountains on the far east of the region. You have heard that this temple is below ground, so you pick a cave and start your descent into the dark depths. Your loyal Slugma lights the way as you slowly make your way deep intoi the earth. You finally find the end of a dark tunnel with a stange marking on the wall. You need to break it to proceed. Slugma hits the wall and melts it with flamethrower, which allows you to proceed. You go into the cave to find a massive structure made of old rusted metal, most likely old bits of ore piled together. You recall slugma and break out your lantern flashlight and you go into the structure. It has three large rooms, but two of them are of no interest to you seeing as they only contain large piles of ore. No, your prize is bigger than that! You go to the center of the room and find a hand print on the wall along with four pedastools. From the markings, you need gold, silver, copper, and iron ores placed on them in a specific order. After several trips back to the other two rooms and a bit of fiddling with the ores. you place your hand on the print and the back wall opens to an old forge with an ancient looking smelter. You go inside to find the mighty Registeel is awaiting you with a special silver colored Pokéball that seems to be made out of a special metal. It's time to forge onward and take the final step!

So everyone with a post count of 50 or higher can enter this giveaway. You may only choose one regi, and you can choose them by posting the # for the type that corresponds to that regi (EX: to get Regirock post #rock). All the regis are clones of a past event and have their hidden abilities. This giveaway goes from Now, Friday March 16 until 6pm Friday March 23, 2018 (All times are in St. Louis, Missouri time). I hope that everone enjoys this Legendary giveaway, and I hope that you have a nice morning/ day/ evening/ night!

Also, please tell me how I did with the lore bits or if you have any ideas on how I could have improved them. Let this giveaway begin!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    My adorable, huggable little Slugma and I are going to go into those eastern caves in search of the titan of #Steel (even if according to Chinese Wu Xing it should be in the west), for we seek the incredible power of HEAVY METAL! *cue sick guitar riff*

I like your hand-made lore on this. The only objective improvement I can think of might be that if the lore was more rooted in canon (like if Regirock was specifically in the Hoenn desert and Regice took up residence in Regigigas' Snowpoint temple), but on the other hand maybe something completely original is better? I don't know, it's hard to decide.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Strytho

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    *Plays Terran up the night from Star Craft 2* "The smell of rusty metal! Dead Zerg and napalm!" "You come in peace! Well I come in war!" Nice choice! And I'll keep the lore thing in mind. I try to do more original stuff if possible to give my own touches and personalized feel to it. That and it makes it more fun if I have to come up with something every time.

4. Strytho

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Welp... this one flopped lol. Still, it was fun nonetheless. I shall prepare the regi tonight.