1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The Mind of the Unknown

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by Thunder, Aug 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thunder

Thunder The Alolan Archer

PokéPoints:
    ₽88.1
    Prologue
    1000 years ago, a shrine was built. This shrine held three orbs, one purple, one pink and one blue, all three extremely powerful. They were guarded by magical creatures, these creatures were later known as Pokémon. The orbs were sealed away in a cavern, deep inside the shrine. One day a man approached the shrine, he wore a hood and a plain uniform, his face was hidden, he stated his business then he was lead inside. He held a sceptre, he walked slowly but he was special. He held the power to talk to the magical creatures. Just before the man and the creatures behind had reached their destination, he held his sceptre high and jabbed it into each creature's stomach, he lowered his hood to reveal a pale face, with blue hair and eyes. He wasn't bulky at all but he was fast. The man, now wearing nothing but a blue shirt with silver lines. He also wore long white trousers. He ran forward, into the cavern. He slowed down and put one hand in a pocket. He took out a green orb, it brightened the room, he walked over to the three orbs, he placed the green orb in the middle, the blue at the right, the pink at the left and the purple at the bottom. All four orbs lifted into the air, the man spoke four words softly, "Finally, it is time". The orbs exploded and four, large figures appeared, "Dialga, Palkia, Giratina and... Arceus, I need your help. My region, a region far away from here. It is being destroyed, you must help me, please!". The man shed a tear, he looked up and shouted his words again. Arceus nodded, it looked to the others and they nodded too.
    Arceus spoke, " We will help you petty man, take us to your region". The man stopped crying and stood up. He gestured to follow him, he walked out into the light and spoke one word.
    "Attack".
    An army of people came out of nowhere, with guns, swords and four purple pokeballs. The men threw the balls at the four legendary Pokémon, they were captured instantly. The man with blue hair looked at the four pokeballs on the floor. He laughed maniacally, he put his hands together and spoke, "Dialga you are now mine, take me to the present, take me back home..."

The Mind of the Unknown
    Chapter 1 coming soon...​

Chapter 1
    The school bell rang, hordes of children ran through the hall, clutching their books and tools. At the back of all the wild children was a boy, he wore small spectacles and had a button nose. He had scruffy blue hair and he was very quiet. He'd been at this school ten years now, he'd started here when he was just five years old, now he was 15 and still he had no friends. He preferred to stay alone in Study Hall and read his book. As the children continued running down the hall, towards the exit, the boy walked the opposite direction, towards Study Hall. The headmaster was there, "Hello Roger Fernn. How may I help you?", Roger smiled and pushed up his glasses.
    "I'm just here to do the usual, to do some reading".
    "Of course you are, please go in". Roger walked in and sat down at a desk. He opened his school bag and took out his book.
    "Ahh, my favourite book, Pokémon Dungeons, Volume 8", Roger began to start reading, when he got to chapter 8 he suddenly felt ill, "What the, argh, my head, it's, it's... ARGHH!!!", with the last excruciating scream, Roger fell to the ground, his glasses broke as he crashed down onto the floor. His blood was boiling, his veins were almost popping out of his head, "WHAT IS HAPPENING!!!", Roger screamed more and more, a little later the headmaster rushed into the room, he called the ambulance but no use. Roger was panting heavily, something in his book had changed him. Roger would never be the same.

A week after the incident, everyone at school ran away from Roger, he carried on as normal but he never went back to Study Hall that week, until today. Today was Friday, last day of the week. He hid in his locker and when everyone had left school, he quickly entered Study Hall. He opened his bag and opened his book, he went to the first page of Chapter 8 and he held his breath... Nothing happened, he scanned the page and decided to read it aloud.
    "The Sceptre holds the power to talk and communicate with Pokémon. Some people can communicate without the sceptre, ancient writing says this...
    Oh Mighty one come back to us please!
    We beg and we beg, we pray on our knees,
    We need you messiah, help us again!
    Our region is dying, we need rain!
    This old chant was used to summon a special Pokémon when needed"
    Roger shook his head, why had he fainted when reading this, he spoke the last few words again, "Oh Mighty one come back to us, please. We beg and we beg, we pray on our knees. We need you messiah, help us again. Our region is dying we need rain". Roger sighed, he closed his book, he picked it up an put it in his bag. As he was about to leave, a deep but gentle voice spoke, no one except Roger was there, who was talking. Roger stopped thinking and listened to the voice.
    "Who has summoned me? Was it you?", Roger nodded, slightly scared but still excited. "You have freed me from the book, I reward you with the power to communicate with Pokémon, yes it is true, Pokémon exist. The voice you hear now is Mewtwo, have you read about me?", Roger nodded, even more excited and even more scared, he remembered how Mewtwo had murdered it's creators. "I have a job for you as well, the chant you had just said, do you know who it's for?", Roger shook his head, "It is for Arceus, the god of Pokémon. Alas, Arceus has been captured, along with Dialga, Palkia and Giratina. I need you to free the four legends, can you do that for me?". Roger opened his mouth, he couldn't believe what he hearing, he'd get to see Pokémon but he could die. It took him a few minutes to decide.
    "I'll go, one question, where do I go?", Mewtwo, who had now revealed his face and body, smiled.
    "You must go through this portal, this portal will take you to your first stop, Kanto!". Roger smiled, he pushed his glasses, zipped up his jacket and ran into the portal.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Thunder

PokéPoints:
    ₽88.1
    Chapter 2
    As Roger emerged from the portal, he found himself in a lab, it looked abandoned, the room was dim but he could make out the shape of a staircase in front of him, he ran towards the stairs and ran to the next floor, this room was much brighter, Roger rubbed his eyes and slowly began to walk. As he took a few steps, he began to feel anxious, was he really in Kanto? He kept walking and a few minutes later he heard steps, hastily he fell to the floor and rolled to a desk, he kept out of site and listened..."Papa, we can't go on! We mustn't!", whoever was talking was out of site but Roger could tell it was a young girl, Roger could the person she was talking to. It was man, probably in his thirties, wearing a lab coat. He had shiny grey hair and wore glasses, the man was most likely the girl's father. He was angry, he was turning red. Roger pushed himself back, slowly, just so he could see a bit more.
    "We can't Amber, my child, the process is miraculous, Mewtwo is almost done, we cannot stop now! You are only a child, do not interfere with my work, go to your tube, now!", the girl was obviously crying but she still walked to the door in front of her, Roger just caught a glimpse of her, she had blue hair and was wearing a small yellow gown. Roger shook his head, what was happening? He waited for the man to follow the girl and then he stood up. Roger walked to the door and he looked through the small window. Their were two tubes, one was occupied by a little girl, presumably the girl from before and the other one had a Pokémon in it, it was hard to make out but he had common sense and he realised where he was, he was at the lab of Dr. Fuji, where the scientist had cloned Mew and his daughter, the one that'd died, her name was Amber but the clone was called Ambertwo. Roger began to hyperventilate, he would die if he didn't leave quickly, shortly Ambertwo would die, Mewtwo would become evil and the lab would be burnt down. He couldn't leave though, he had to somehow change time, he had to go into the main lab and help, what could he do? He thought of his science lessons, the ones that were all about cloning. He thought about the book..."Ahha! That's it, Fuji gave Mewtwo an emotion-suppressing serum, that's what caused it, if the serum isn't given all will be okay!". Roger looked through the window again, it looked like Ambertwo was dead, "That was quick, very quick!", he looked for a pencil or something, the best he could find was a small rubber, he'd throw it at the serum and knock it out of Fuji's hand, then he'd run in, take the serum and run out, the plan was foolproof! He opened the door a bit, the serum was in Fuji's hand, how had that happened so quickly? Roger let the thoughts clear, he threw the rubber and the serum fell out of Fuji's hand, Roger ran and scooped up the bottle, he ran to the nearest door and opened it without thinking, he ran in, not looking where he was going.
    Roger opened his eyes, the view was blurry but he could make out a figure, it was small, it was in the air, it was green and it was definitely a Pokémon. As Roger regained his site, the figure became more familiar, when he could see very clearly, he looked at the figure he had seen but now, since he could see clearly, he found out what it was. "Celebi!"

3. Thunder

PokéPoints:
    ₽88.1
    Another idea for a fanfic has come to mind. I know, no-one actually read this but I am not continuing with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.