1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The most addicting game ever... (playtime)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Sheep, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I'm sure we've all been massively addicted to a game at some point; so much that we spent every waking minute for weeks, or even months (or years!), playing. Which game have you played the most? How many hours of playtime have you put into it? Why did you love it so much?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    My first gaming binge was on the original rune factory. I played it almost non stop for 12 hours and played it off and on every day for weeks. I really enjoyed it because it wasn't just farming like harvest moon and there was so much more to do.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pikachushua

Mew
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽98.5
    Probably Pokémon sun because I got into creating a competitive team then

4. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    Hard to call...when I was playing FFXIV I could put 10 hours into it per day easily (I managed 16 at one point, as I did literally nothing else that day) but I stopped as soon as I got the Platinum. Monster Hunter Generations, though...I put a minimum of 8 hours into that per day, every day, for nearly 2 months. It quickly became "just one more hunt" or "I'll stop when I have the materials I need for gear" or any number of excuses, and the end result was that I put it down only when I needed to eat, use the restroom, or sleep.

5. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    MMOs are always time-consuming; I have a fair share under my hat (FFXI, Ragnarok Online, Dungeon Fighter Online, etc.). With that said, I spend far more time on Fire Emblem Heroes than is probably healthy... which is why I'm trying to purposefully limit myself.

6. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I think my most played game currently is Yugioh Duel Links with over 200-300 hours on it. But over all is Star Wars The Old Republic that I've spent years on, granted I've taken a break recently.

7. Critical Sass

Critical Sass Slippery when wet

eg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽319.0
    i have over 700 hours in Garry's Mod

8. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    It's hard for me to tell which is my most addictive game. I tend to become addicted to any new game that comes out and then drop it after a few weeks. The only games where this has not happened is Star Wars battlefront 2 (the good battlefront) and Planetside 2. Planetside 2 I have 700 hours on. I have no idea what time I have for SWB2 but I have been playing it since childhood so probably years.

9. SawstheSawsbuck

SawstheSawsbuck Sir Sawsbuck

Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽560.5
    Master BallLegendary Triforce ★★
    Pokémon Omega Ruby, not sure why tbh.
    BeamNG.drive, it's just a real fun vehicle physics simulator

10. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    Does the overall Super Smash Bros series count? Among all games since the original, I'm not sure there are numbers high enough to count my playtime. I used to play 20 minutes of Smash WiiU daily at work and a bunch on 3DS on my downtime, plus at least an hour daily of each previous game before the next came out, more when I had friends and distant relatives over. Since 2001 or so (I feel old), I easily played 200 hours per year, so I'll call it a nice round 3000 hours put into various Smash games.

ShinigamiMiroku likes this.
  11. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Well that would be Final Fantasy XIV for me with 390-ish days worth of playtime, yes that game goes by days spend online. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate also have a high count at 730 something hours on one file iirc.

12. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Currently, I am addicted to FE Warriors, I already have over 140 hours in the game despite it being nothing more but grinding for the last 100 hours.

13. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,620.6
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    I have... (lemme check) 981 hours on Animal Crossing New Leaf.
    When I got this game I loved it so much, there are so many things you can do. Now I don’t really play anymore. A bit sad, but I do other things.

14. nduns

nduns Banned

Legendary Egg
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽296.5
    Crown of ValorStaff of Verity
    Nowadays I'd probably go with anything similar to Harvest Moon. The amount of time I pour into games like that every time I get them is incredible.

15. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    Pokémon have taken the lead for me by a country mile. I think I clocked 999+ hours into both Sapphire and Pearl during the height of their popularity. Good times.

Second to that are probably the few other RPGs I've invested time in, with the likes of Nioh and every ps4 Digimon game telling me I've spent at least 150+ hours in each. I've also got over 350 hours recorded in Overwatch, and I still play that every so often.

16. jeevan261001

jeevan261001

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    I maxed out the time counter (999h:59m) on Animal Crossing: Let's go to the City!

17. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I'd have to go with Super Mario Galaxy 1&2. Spent ages playing those games.
    Minecraft is pretty addicting to (yes I play Minecraft, and yes I'm kind of ashamed of it...), and Eden World Builder, which is a decent Minecraft clone. I mean, I haven't played Eden in years, but I spent hours on it back in the day.

18. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I tend to put around 300 hours into a game before getting bored with it, but I'm constantly going back to the Mystery Dungeon games. I liked playing video games before Mystery Dungeon first came out, but playing Red Rescue Team was probably the point when I first got really into it. It was the first time I played a game where I got really invested in a story. It was the first time I cried at the end.

That being said, with there only being 4 games available outside of Japan (and Adventure Squad being really short anyway) it gets kind of boring playing them so much. When I'm just looking for something to do to pass the time, I usually default to Minecraft or Stardew Valley, which I just recently passed 300 hours in.

19. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Take my advice and never, ever decide to download Ark Survival Evolved. You won't see daylight again. At least for a very long time.

20. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    The game I have the most hours in besides Pokémon, would be FIFA10... But I don't really count that one since I've spend years playing that game just to kill boredom xD
    So besides those I've put the most hours in Subnautica. Got 120 hours in that, I just love that game so much.

As for a game I actually got sort of addicted to, I guess that goes to Stardew Valley where I put in 34 hours in give or take a week.